Dixie Carter loves us

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
From TNAWrestling.com:

A MESSAGE FROM TNA WRESTLING PRESIDENT DIXIE CARTER

I want to take this opportunity to personally thank all of you for making last Thursday’s edition of TNA “iMPACT!” the most-watched broadcast in our company’s history.

Last October, we invited wrestling fans around the world to “Cross The Line” and sample our product, whether it was watching “iMPACT!”, ordering a Pay-Per-View, experiencing a live show or even visiting our website. We asked that if you enjoyed it, you would tell a friend about us. Well, you have responded and we are so grateful.

Since that time, TNA has also accomplished several major milestones including our debut in Hi-Def on SpikeTV, our first live television special from Las Vegas, our biggest event of the year with Bound For Glory and our hugely successful tour of the United Kingdom and Northern Ireland.

In 2009, we will celebrate seven years in business. The little company who no one gave a chance has grown by leaps and bounds because of you, our fans. We will continue to work hard to earn your support. Several big things are already being planned including April’s brutal, all-steel cage pay-per-view, Lockdown, in Philadelphia, new superstars, new programming, a reinvigorated focus on the X Division, expansion of our online digital world and so much more.

Once again, all thanks to you. You are loyal and passionate and we don’t take this opportunity you have given us for granted.

Dixie Carter
President, TNA Wrestling

Aww. <3

Axis

Yeah, and apparently the Sting/Angle match did even higher than that. 1.5 I believe was the rating for that stretch of the show, another record for them.

Travis40

Their product is getting worse and their ratings are going up?

mama cass

Reaction score
It proves that 1.9 million viewers would watch a free Sting vs. Angle gimmick fight on TV, but yet mostly half of that audience will not order a single TNA PPV which is why their PPV numbers are currently in the toilet. Does Dixie Carter have a thank u letter for her TNA fans that?

The Rated R CMStar

Meh, one match hype, nothing more.

If they keep that rating next week, I'll eat my words

Kaedon

Reaction score
Lets see if its consistent, and after its NOT and the ratings go back down again, watch RLFB rationalize how it has nothing to do with the product and how we, the fans, are wrong and the product is soooooooooooo good.

chessarmy

^ I honestly think you have to stop picking fights. If the rating goes down how do you know RLFB will have anything to say about it? Who knows, maybe he can come up with a legit excuse?

The only thing I have to say about this is Dixie, I love how you're thanking the fans but please don't insult our intelligence. You told us about this "new focus on the X-Division" years ago and look how great the division is doing now. No lies plz.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
WWE's PPV buy rates are in the toilet right now too, mama. If you haven't noticed, we're in a bit of a recession right now. ;)

Bullshit statement. If there is one thing that is recession proof its the entertainment business. It will continue to make money regardless because people require distractions from their daily lives.

Meh, one match hype, nothing more.

If they keep that rating next week, I'll eat my words

I'll join you.

Lets see if its consistent, and after its NOT and the ratings go back down again, watch RLFB rationalize how it has nothing to do with the product and how we, the fans, are wrong and the product is soooooooooooo good.

QFT baby.

^ I honestly think you have to stop picking fights. If the rating goes down how do you know RLFB will have anything to say about it? Who knows, maybe he can come up with a legit excuse?

How does he know Roxxi will say something stupid if the rating goes down? When hasn't he? And how does he know he won't come up with a legit excuse? When has he ever?

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
MS, I expect opinionated and unresearched bullshit from the likes of marks like Kaedon, but from an admin, I'd expect a little more. So let me enlighten you as to the research behind my "bullshit statement." This is from WWE's recent Q4 and 2008 report, which you'll find at Corporate.WWE.com.

* No Mercy (2008) - 261,000 buys [Down from 271,000 buys in 2007]
* Cyber Sunday (2008) - 153,000 buys [Down from 194,000 buys in 2007]
* Survivor Series (2008) - 319,000 buys [Down from 341,000 buys in 2007]
* Armageddon (2008) - 193,000 buys [Down from 237,000 buys in 2007]

And heck, while we're at it...

Revenues totaled $125.4 million as compared to $132.6 million in the prior year quarter while operating income was $23.3 million as compared to $24.7 million in the prior year quarter. Net income was $13.6 million, or $0.18 per share (diluted), as compared to $21.5 million, or $0.30 per share (diluted), in the prior year quarter.

So, basically, do your research or don't waste my time. I'm sick of people like you calling me out on, and challenging everything I say for no damn reason at all. If you don't like my opinions that's fine, but before you try to call me an idiot over having them, at least put some basic research in to it. Like, say, I say "WWE's buy rates are down." Before you try to say that I'm wrong, why don't you actually LOOK at the damn numbers and see what they look like? If you're not willing to do that, just shut the hell up because your opinion is worthless. Not because it differs from mine, but because it's unresearched, unfounded, markish bullshit.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
That has nothing to do with a recession and more that there is considerable less people interested in wrestling with each passing year.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
During the great depression, wrestling and other forms of entertainment still did huge business.

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
Which would then also explain why TNA's buyrates are down. Funny how the topic changes from "TNA's product is bullshit" to "well the industry as a whole is in a slump" when, you know, FACTS are brought into the picture. I might start watching that 'Numb3rs' show after all. The premise doesn't seem as silly anymore.