Dixie Carter loves us

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Rated R CMStar

That however aren't true, are buyrates for TNA never haven't been high, good or bad times.

And I do think it's fault of the bad economy. Buyrates are down, but you dont see ratings slipping in the same way buyrates or net income are.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Which would then also explain why TNA's buyrates are down. Funny how the topic changes from "TNA's product is bullshit" to "well the industry as a whole is in a slump" when, you know, FACTS are brought into the picture. I might start watching that 'Numb3rs' show after all. The premise doesn't seem as silly anymore.

Live I've said before. The TNA haters will bash TNA with everything and say its something else when WWE is bought up among the same thing.

TNA buyrates down = they suck

WWE buyrates down =not as many wreestling fans as they have been.

There always like this. They say TNA copies WWE yet WWE use to copy all the time. I mean damn look at Gilberg. They are saying TNA is ripping off MITB with there feast or fired match. Hell WWE didn't even come up with the ladder match so MITB another form of the ladder match is a rip off. Cage matches WWE ripped that off. BUT THAT IS OK CAUSE ITS WWE THE ALMIGHTY RULER OF THE WRESTLING WORLD.

and don't think this is me being a TNA mark because I watch both WWE and TNA and I'm a huge fan of both but unlike you WWE marks I don't bash one company for something another company also did.

Moonlight Drive

RLFB said:
"well the industry as a whole is in a slump"
That's kind of the opposite to what he actually said.

Blaze said:
Live I've said before. The TNA haters will bash TNA with everything and say its something else when WWE is bought up among the same thing.

TNA buyrates down = they suck

WWE buyrates down =not as many wreestling fans as they have been.
The TNA product is awful, that's probably why. And the fact even with dropping numbers on 4 whole shows~! (which I credit to the fact Jericho just cannot draw, not that WWE is sucking) they still have far higher buyrates than TNA, which I believe gets around the 40,000 mark (although I'm probably very wrong). It's also a completely different story, as TNA losing numbers on it's already floundering buyrates is a lot worse compared to WWE losing numbers.

Blaze said:
There always like this. They say TNA copies WWE yet WWE use to copy all the time. I mean damn look at Gilberg. They are saying TNA is ripping off MITB with there feast or fired match. Hell WWE didn't even come up with the ladder match so MITB another form of the ladder match is a rip off. Cage matches WWE ripped that off. BUT THAT IS OK CAUSE ITS WWE THE ALMIGHTY RULER OF THE WRESTLING WORLD.
The Gillberg statement proved once and for all, you are possibly the stupidest member of this forum. It was a parody dickhead. And anybody with half a brain can see the Feast or Fired idea was devised from MiTB. WWE also did create the ladder match to a certain extent, even if the first was in Stampede, WWE made it popular and as big as it is today. Cage matches are ripped off? :confused: While we're on the topic of stupid points, why don't we just say WWE ripped off the tag team match?

In conclusion, you're an idiot.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
The Gillberg statement proved once and for all, you are possibly the stupidest member of this forum. It was a parody dickhead. And anybody with half a brain can see the Feast or Fired idea was devised from MiTB. WWE also did create the ladder match to a certain extent, even if the first was in Stampede, WWE made it popular and as big as it is today. Cage matches are ripped off? :confused: While we're on the topic of stupid points, why don't we just say WWE ripped off the tag team match?

Well Sharkboy and Jay Lethal get bashed all the time for being ripoffs when there pardoys also. Saying how TNA can't come up with there own gimmicks.

Also the ladder match yeah WWE might have made it popular but they didn't come up with the idea. I bought up the cage because people bring up dumb TNA copies.

Point being WWE can do w/e they want because there WWE and if TNA does it they get bashed for no god damn reason.

Moonlight Drive

Blaze said:
Well Sharkboy and Jay Lethal get bashed all the time for being ripoffs when there pardoys also. Saying how TNA can't come up with there own gimmicks.
But Lethal and Sharkboy were actually intended to be legitimate competitors, getting over by using old gimmicks, in Sharkboys case, terribly.

Blaze said:
Also the ladder match yeah WWE might have made it popular but they didn't come up with the idea. I bought up the cage because people bring up dumb TNA copies.
I don't think anybody, unless they are a being of your intellect, have said TNA ripped off the cage match.

Blaze said:
Point being WWE can do w/e they want because there WWE and if TNA does it they get bashed for no god damn reason.
At least when people bash TNA they have something besides meaningless hillbilly drivel.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
But Lethal and Sharkboy were actually intended to be legitimate competitors, getting over by using old gimmicks, in Sharkboys case, terribly.

:smh what a WWE mark.

So as long as they don't use it to get over its ok. You can't sit there and say that WWE does not copy things. They did it all the time back in the day when they went up against WCW and WCW copied them. Its part of wrestling.

I don't think anybody, unless they are a being of your intellect, have said TNA ripped off the cage match.

Did I say that is what people said. I said WWE fans bash TNA for doing these WWE done that is just as plan as WWE doing cage matches.

At least when people bash TNA they have something besides meaningless hillbilly drivel.

At least when people bash WWE they have facts and not stupid crap that they would love it if WWE did.

Moonlight Drive

Blaze said:
:smh what a WWE mark.

So as long as they don't use it to get over its ok. You can't sit there and say that WWE does not copy things. They did it all the time back in the day when they went up against WCW and WCW copied them. Its part of wrestling.
I'm sorry, I must've missed the part where I said WWE never copied WCW. Gillberg is a parody, to make a joke out of Goldberg. TNA had to use an old gimmick from the WWE to try and get Lethal over, which wasn't a parody, it was a rip-off.

Blaze said:
Did I say that is what people said. I said WWE fans bash TNA for doing these WWE done that is just as plan as WWE doing cage matches.
Then what was the point in saying it? At least use a real example if you try to pass it off as a credible point. TNA copied MiTB with Feast or Fired which is undeniable, which you can't accept. Guess that makes you a TNA mark then, doesn't it?

Blaze said:
At least when people bash WWE they have facts and not stupid crap that they would love it if WWE did.
Oh yeah, I'd absolutely love it if the Wrestlemania Main Event ended with a run-in :rolleyes:. Try utilising some of these 'facts' next time you post.

The Rated R CMStar

I have yet to see a solid argument from you about this topic. You are obsessed with the fact that nobody bashes WWE, and on every thread you say this, everybody always comes with easy, obvious examples of times when WWE has gotten a shitload of heat.

Have you never thought that the reason why people criticize TNA is because there's really something wrong it? You keep telling to yourself that it is WWE marks complaining for the sake of complaining and you will get nowhere.

TNA has problems, far bigger than WWE's, and that's why TNA gets bigger heat.

Oh, as for you comparing WWE stealing ideas from other companies. Your examples have been WWE stealing Steel Cage Matches. It's not the same to do a steel cage match, than to steal an entire concept like MITB.

It would be like justifying TNA stealing the Royal Rumble idea with WWE doing Hardcore Matches.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I'm sorry, I must've missed the part where I said WWE never copied WCW. Gillberg is a parody, to make a joke out of Goldberg. TNA had to use an old gimmick from the WWE to try and get Lethal over, which wasn't a parody, it was a rip-off.

Gilberg was one of the most over jobbers ever because of that gimmick. From your logic he is a ripoff

Then what was the point in saying it? At least use a real example if you try to pass it off as a credible point. TNA copied MiTB with Feast or Fired which is undeniable, which you can't accept. Guess that makes you a TNA mark then, doesn't it?

Yes they ripped off MITB but WWE ripped off the ladder match so if they never had the ladder match WWE could not have had MITB and TNA would not have feast or fired.

Oh yeah, I'd absolutely love it if the Wrestlemania Main Event ended with a run-in :rolleyes:. Try utilising some of these 'facts' next time you post.

Roxxi posted all the facts needed.

Really why is that when TNA buyrates go down its they suck but at the same time WWE buyrates go down its cause wrestling is losing fans. Its because WWE marks can't give over the fact there is another wrestling company out there and they don't like it and want it gone.

Fact-The best times WWE ever had was when they went up against WCW.

Two Companies = Both trying to be better then the other.

edit:

Oh, as for you comparing WWE stealing ideas from other companies. Your examples have been WWE stealing Steel Cage Matches. It's not the same to do a steel cage match, than to steal an entire concept like MITB.

It would be like justifying TNA stealing the Royal Rumble idea with WWE doing Hardcore Matches.

ok fine...Elimination Chamber means War Games with a twist.

Even when they announced the match they said its like War Games so don't say its nothing like war games. There...your move.

The Rated R CMStar

Really why is that when TNA buyrates go down its they suck but at the same time WWE buyrates go down its cause wrestling is losing fans. Its because WWE marks can't give over the fact there is another wrestling company out there and they don't like it and want it gone.

TNA buyrates going down? Please, tell me when have been up.

And I'm sorry, but TNA has done nothing for WWE fans to be concerned about their existance.

Also, I asked this question before. By the logic that wrestling is losing interest and it's not because of the econy going down: please tell me how ratings are going up but incomes and buyrates are going down?

Yes they ripped off MITB but WWE ripped off the ladder match so if they never had the ladder match WWE could not have had MITB and TNA would not have feast or fired.

WWE took a match seen in Canada in a small time company, almost consider a developmental territory, and took it to a whole new level.

TNA took a hot concept from a company bigger than them, only seen in the Biggest PPV of the year and made their lame version of it,

It's not the same by a longshot.

Gilberg was one of the most over jobbers ever because of that gimmick. From your logic he is a ripoff

You said it yourself. Gillberg was a JOBBER. He was nothing more than a comedy pact parodying Goldberg.

Jay Lethal has been pushed under his Randy Savage persona. No, not as a jobber, his gimmick has been treated as serious.

Again, it's not the same by a longshot.

As for the rest, WWE stole ideas from ECW and WCW, but I never saw WWE stealing complete storylines from those companies. I'm in need of a chuckle, so please, go ahead and justify TNA copying Kane vs The Undertaker in Judas vs Abyss and Savage vs Roberts in Lethal vs Dutt

Moonlight Drive

Blaze said:
*sigh* Honestly, we're going in circles.

Gillberg-He was intended to be a joke character, to take the piss out of Goldberg. A 'parody'

'Black Machismo' Jay Lethal-A gimmick given to Jay Lethal to help him get over as a star (something Gillberg was never meant to be). It wasn't mocking Randy Savage, it was imitating him. A 'rip-off'

Going by your logic, DX parodying the Nation of Domination was them trying to copy them.

Blaze said:
:confused: What the hell are you going on about now? WWE created the ladder match from a one-off flop in an indy promotion. TNA didn't rip-off the ladder match, neither did WWE. Neither did any other promotion which has used it.

Blaze said:
Roxxi posted all the facts needed.

Fact-The best times WWE ever had was when they went up against WCW.

Two Companies = Both trying to be better then the other.
Rofl @ you even trying to pass TNA off as any competition to the WWE whatsoever. Roxxi's facts prove nothing. So what if buyrates drop for 4 shows, what has that got to do with anything? Maybe, just maybe, it's the TNA fans who should accept that the product is very far from perfect and both companies buyrates are dropping for completely different reasons to the WWE.

Just for the record, I'm sick of people using the 'IF WWE DID IT U WULD LUV IT~!' excuse to try and cover up TNA's shittiness, with no backing whatsoever.

And wtf, 'all the facts needed'? You have said nothing to do with this facts. You keep rambling on about the comparisons between Gillberg/Jay Lethal and how TNA ripped off the steel cage match. Your stupidity never ceases to amaze me.

CMS said:
As for the rest, WWE stole ideas from ECW and WCW, but I never saw WWE stealing complete storylines from those companies. I'm in need of a chuckle, so please, go ahead and justify TNA copying Kane vs The Undertaker in Judas vs Abyss and Savage vs Roberts in Lethal vs Dutt
We can't forget MEM vs Frontline ripping off WCW vs nWo.

seX-Power

Blaze, stick the mindless TNA marking to people who can throw out scary numbers that look like they mean something, and people that can bullshit enough to make an argument that is still shit but at least shiny on the outside. RLFB.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

This is honestly quick ridiculous. Blaze, your points are senseless. Pat, your points have logic. Can we plz leave it at that now?

Just because someone bags WWE doesn't mean they're a WWE MARK~! It means they have common sense.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
Case in point of this thread, TNA sucks. Its non-negotiable. You can try to debate the facts, but it's a moot point. So Impact reached a 1.3. OMG EPICZZZ! TNA is hot shit now aint it?! That's some real competition to the 2.5+ of SD and 3.0+ of RAW. We almost ECW levels now baby!

Seriously, TNA is not getting slightly better ratings due to being a good product. They had to throw out a PPV Main Event calibur match, in a wackjob concept of an Empty Arena match that would be best suited for one of their gimmick ridden PPV's, between two main event level competitors, just to barely break into 1.3 rating. Is TNA going to full PPV calibur *on paper* matches each and every week to try and uphold that 1.3? Pathetic. Utterly trash. Completely pointless. It will never last, and TNA is going down the toilet.

No respectable individual can even defend the MEM Vs. Frontline feud. The destruction of the X Division. The pushing of referees as superstars. The turning of Booker T into an african warrior. The LOSING of Christian Cage to the competition back when they were once considered the alternative for guys like Cage. The main eventing of Team 3D in singles competition. The main eventing of any individual far past their prime and not nearly the recognition of Hulk Hogan or Steve Austin. The horrible horrible gimmick matches. I can go on and on and one.

I don't need to spout off numbers. The proof is right there in front of your eyes. And the only people utterly screwed up in the brain enough to defend the product are only marks so desperate to bring down WWE that they will take anything and I do mean ANYTHING in replacement of it. You can bring back Wrestling Society X and throw midgets and giant talking clams with Ron Jeremey seranading on a partridge in a pear tree and anti-WWE marks will eat that shit up as long as you try to fit in 7 minutes of wrestling in two hours.

Kizza

I still don't fall asleep watching TNA on my Ipod like I do watching Smackdown.