Connecticut School Shooting

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
The day after the shooting an exact quote from Fox was "It's too soon to talk about gun control, let's just remember the victims of this tragedy." And then not 15 minutes later they bring up violent video games and how they could have been a factor. Fox News is the reason republicans get so much shit, it disgusts me how many people around here actually like them too.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
Fox sucks, but MSNBC can't even put intelligent people on their "panels" to debate and discuss Gun issues.

When you have a professor of Religous Studies (one of those "angry black woman" types) telling viewers on the Melissa Harris-Perry show that Glocks have "30 round clips" and that we just don't need more than 6 or 9 rounds because "She knows because she's from Texas" you have a serious credibility gap. MSNBC can't even have a rational discussion about Guns. It's anger, resentment, negativity and intolerance, slapped with a "Lean forward, progressive" label.

But Fox sucks too. they're as guilty of exploiting gun violence and massacres as every other slutwhore media channel looking to profit from instantaneous news.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
If people actually think video games lead to violence, I fear for the current and past education system. Seriously, makes me glad I barely paid attention. Video games don't cause violence. That's usually where people go when they feel violent so they can kill innocent video game characters.

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
If I'm ever frustrated I throw on COD of any kind or GTA to cool off cause I'm just shooting a few badguys ( I don't purposely go for the civilians).

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
[video=youtube;Ooa98FHuaU0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Ooa98FHuaU0#![/video]

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
This guy is doing exactly what he is complaining about others doing, picking and choosing stats. Everyone does that.

Still surprised that people would be against banning the extreme assault rifles and automatic weapons that serve no purpose other than mass slaughter and that would go a long way to stopping massacres like this. Crazy people are always going to go crazy and kill but you can put measures in place to help prevent that and preventing access to guns like this would help. Wouldn't completely solve the issue but it would help.

With regards to the drop of violent crime by 50% there is a key reason why no-one talks about it. The reason it dropped by 50% is because of Roe vs. Wade, legalising abortions caused the drop and it has been statistically proven. You can't talk about abortion very openly in the US because people will start firebombing other peoples houses because the topic is still very sensitive. Plus it would shoud that all the other measures that were implemented by politicians that cost lots of money and would make them look bad.

I like Chris Rock's idea of gun control

[YOUTUBE]OuX-nFmL0II[/YOUTUBE]

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
This guy is doing exactly what he is complaining about others doing, picking and choosing stats. Everyone does that.

Still surprised that people would be against banning the extreme assault rifles and automatic weapons that serve no purpose other than mass slaughter and that would go a long way to stopping massacres like this. Crazy people are always going to go crazy and kill but you can put measures in place to help prevent that and preventing access to guns like this would help. Wouldn't completely solve the issue but it would help.

With regards to the drop of violent crime by 50% there is a key reason why no-one talks about it. The reason it dropped by 50% is because of Roe vs. Wade, legalising abortions caused the drop and it has been statistically proven. You can't talk about abortion very openly in the US because people will start firebombing other peoples houses because the topic is still very sensitive. Plus it would shoud that all the other measures that were implemented by politicians that cost lots of money and would make them look bad.

I like Chris Rock's idea of gun control

[YOUTUBE]OuX-nFmL0II[/YOUTUBE]

I meant to post that video days ago but forgot :lmao

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score

Yes, because criminals are born, right? Well, it's a good thing we've got abortions to prevent crime!!!!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That's officially the most absurd claim that I've ever seen on the Internet. Congratulations. You win!

HAHAHAHAHA.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Yes, because criminals are born, right? Well, it's a good thing we've got abortions to prevent crime!!!!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That's officially the most absurd claim that I've ever seen on the Internet. Congratulations. You win!

HAHAHAHAHA.

It has been proven, it isn't a claim it is a fact.

Read up on Steven Levitt and John Donohue. Start with the Levitt's book Freakonomics as it has plenty of other good information in there as well.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Yeah I don't agree with that either. You can't seriously believe that legalizing abortion leads to a lower crime rate. I don't even understand how someone even fathomed that would make sense. Criminals are a product of their upbringing, not their womb.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Nature vs nurture, as to what causes callous traits, very interesting. I've always stuck to the nurture side on this one, I've had conduct problems during my early teen years, (nothing very serious, just being a bully, acting out with substances etc.) and I'm a big believer that this kind of behavior is mainly due to bad or neglectful/abusive parenting, and delinquent peers reinforcing the individual's negative identity commitment, basically. No such thing called Rosemary's baby.

I can see how mental illness can be inherited though.

No comment on the shooting thing, just cannot relate to it. Here I would need to have evidence that I have a threat to my life/inform authorities that I have a dangerous job that exposes to me said threats, for them to even consider issuing a mere handgun to me in the first place. Let alone military grade rifles. Wow.

Last edited:

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
I think the argument, while not very strong, is that a certain percentage of criminals come from broken homes, and parents who aen't fit to be parents and when abortion was made legal some of those unfit parents made the choice of abortion thus taking a potential criminal off the street... As i said it is a weak argument in which they are assuming the outcome of a child's life based upon the environment they would be living... the same argument can be made the other way as some could argue that legal abortion has deprived us of great people and leaders because you can't possibly know what might come of an unborn child.... There was probably some study of the parents of criminals who were asked if abortion were legal at the time of their pregnancy would they have gone through with it and most probably said yes because, well, their child is now a criminal...

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I think the argument, while not very strong, is that a certain percentage of criminals come from broken homes, and parents who aen't fit to be parents and when abortion was made legal some of those unfit parents made the choice of abortion thus taking a potential criminal off the street... As i said it is a weak argument in which they are assuming the outcome of a child's life based upon the environment they would be living... the same argument can be made the other way as some could argue that legal abortion has deprived us of great people and leaders because you can't possibly know what might come of an unborn child.... There was probably some study of the parents of criminals who were asked if abortion were legal at the time of their pregnancy would they have gone through with it and most probably said yes because, well, their child is now a criminal...
Exactly.

There is no certainty whatsoever that a kid living in poverty will grow up to be a criminal. There isn't even certainty that a kid living in wealth won't grow up to be worse. Osama Bin Laden was VERY wealthy and had fairly good relations with his relatives. You can analyze the causes of mental illness until you're red in the face, but it doesn't change the fact that no one can predict the future. And in my opinion, no one on this planet has the right to deprive anyone of theirs simply because of the actions of others in similar situations. If broken homes really cause criminals, why even target abortion? Why not just hunt down and execute everyone who had an abusive parent, got a divorce, or just wasn't very social. That just opens a very terrible can of worms and there's absolutely no reason to single out abortion as a reasonable solution.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
If Henry Lee Lucas was aborted, there would be atleast 200 murders in the US that would have been prevented.

"A teenagers scholastic ability and intelligence seems to be about 60% inherited, sense of self-esteem 30% and morality a mere 25%."

"To further complicate research, it was discovered that each child experiences the EXACT same family in sharply idosyncratic ways"

There's a whole chapter on this in Daniel Goleman's "Social Intelligence" where he posits that genes are not destiny when it comes to aggressive behavior. (Not a plug by the way, Goleman's Emotional Intelligence, working with Emotional Intelligence and Social Intelligence should be mandated reading in American high schools given the data of recent years. THAT would bring a stark decrease in violence I bet.)