Connecticut School Shooting

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
Authorities say at least 26 people, including 18 children, were killed Friday when a gunman clad in black military gear opened fire inside a Connecticut elementary school.

A law enforcement official said the shooter, who is dead, was from New Jersey and had ties to Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown. Authorities recovered a Glock and Sig Sauer 9mm handgun, but it was unclear who killed the shooter, who wore black combat garb and a military vest.

Local news outlets report that the shooting occurred inside a kindergarten classroom, and that all the pupils in that classroom are unaccounted for.

An official with knowledge of the situation said the 20-year-old gunman, whose name has not been released, also had a .223-caliber rifle. The motive is not yet known.

Police are also questioning another man in connection with the shooting. Witnesses told the Connecticut Post that a handcuffed man, dressed in camouflage, was led out of a nearby woods by officers.

This is just SICK... that elementary school is about 10 minutes from my grandparent's house and 20-25 minutes from the elementary school my aunt teaches at... These are families they know.... Continues the decimation of my faith in humanity... God Bless all of the victims and survivors, such a tragedy

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
One of our members is from there, hope nothing happened to anybody he knew.

Just insane. I'm getting tired of reading how shit the world is.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
And how convenient the gunman is dead. I guess we'll never know who put him up to this.

I wonder if this could have something to do with that hot topic of GUN CONTROL that just won't go away...

And I wonder if this has anything to do with that other mass shooting in Oregon that happened only 3 days ago...

And I wonder why the Oregon shooter was dressed as Batman and the Aurora shooting before that happened at a Batman movie...

And I wonder why ALL of these things just happened out of fucking thin air.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I'm with Cerbs on this being a Government Conspiracy.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
And how convenient the gunman is dead. I guess we'll never know who put him up to this.

I wonder if this could have something to do with that hot topic of GUN CONTROL that just won't go away...

And I wonder if this has anything to do with that other mass shooting in Oregon that happened only 3 days ago...

And I wonder why the Oregon shooter was dressed as Batman and the Aurora shooting before that happened at a Batman movie...

And I wonder why ALL of these things just happened out of fucking thin air.

Conspiracy theory aside, this just shows you why gun control is needed, I never got how you need a license to drive a car, but you don't need one to carry a gun.

Also handguns should never be given to civilians plain and simple, you can just as easily protect your family with a baseball bat beside you bedroom door.

Second ammendment was only meant for the British coming back, and I'm no military strategist, but I'm willing to guess the Britsh are not going to invade the US anytime soon.

Captain Charisma

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Favorite Wrestler
christian2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
I am not from US and I dont know what is it about but it's a carnage for sure. RIP to everyone who dead there and hope others will get better soon. This is so bad.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Pathetic to go into an elementary school and kill young kids is just pathetic. Hopefully soon all the gun nuts in the US pull their heads out of their ass and realise that not every nutjob should be walking around with a gun. 2 shooting in one week 26 people dead most of them under 10 years old, shit like this just doesnt need to happen all those people died for no reason, all those people died so some fat texan can go shoot a deer.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Conspiracy theory aside, this just shows you why gun control is needed, I never got how you need a license to drive a car, but you don't need one to carry a gun.

Also handguns should never be given to civilians plain and simple, you can just as easily protect your family with a baseball bat beside you bedroom door.

Second ammendment was only meant for the British coming back, and I'm no military strategist, but I'm willing to guess the Britsh are not going to invade the US anytime soon.
Well this just goes to show how ignorant you are on the current gun laws because you DO need a license to carry a concealed handgun and you aren't going to protect your family with a baseball bat against someone armed with a GUN. And anyone who thinks stricter gun laws will keep anyone who wants one bad enough from getting one easily is an idiot. Like getting drugs, may have to pay more and associate with shady people, but it wouldn't be hard. Get real.

You're also wrong about the Second Amendment. It was created to protect against any form of radical government, particularly the kind that is currently supporting a Palestinian genocide, invaded Iraq for it's natural resources, and it currently smear-jobbing North Korea to gain support for a future invasion. Are you aware how many US troops are currently stationed in South Korea? Even the South Koreans don't want them there. They don't want the US citizens having guns because the Bill of Rights can't get any thinner with them in their possessions.

And I hate people who just assume "Yeah just get rid of the guns and the gun murders will all magically go away!" That should be the name of a ride at Disney World it's so fucking stupid.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Well this just goes to show how ignorant you are on the current gun laws because you DO need a license to carry a concealed handgun and you aren't going to protect your family with a baseball bat against someone armed with a GUN. And anyone who thinks stricter gun laws will keep anyone who wants one bad enough from getting one easily is an idiot. Like getting drugs, may have to pay more and associate with shady people, but it wouldn't be hard. Get real.

You're also wrong about the Second Amendment. It was created to protect against any form of radical government, particularly the kind that is currently supporting a Palestinian genocide, invaded Iraq for it's natural resources, and it currently smear-jobbing North Korea to gain support for a future invasion. Are you aware how many US troops are currently stationed in South Korea? Even the South Koreans don't want them there. They don't want the US citizens having guns because the Bill of Rights can't get any thinner with them in their possessions.

And I hate people who just assume "Yeah just get rid of the guns and the gun murders will all magically go away!" That should be the name of a ride at Disney World it's so fucking stupid.

So we should all just do as whats done now stick our heads in the sand and accept that you cant even send 10 year olds to school in America? Something has to be done and tighter gun control is better than nothing. Even if it just makes it harder for nutjobs to get a gun or only stops a few potential shootings its worth it.

Last edited:

Killz

Reaction score

So what's your solution?

Is there a way to vet and locate people with pathological disorders and mental ailments from the masses of citizens in the United States? Or something to accurately predict what media consumption triggers violent tendencies? Or what couple is going to have a heated argument with a gun in the bedroom? Of course there isn't, you can't get to the source of the problem because the source of the problem is every American and every person in the world because everyone has the potential to commit evil.

Perhaps it's the culure. In the UK you have to apply for a license but only certain weapons are considered unprohibited. You can easily get a shotgun license and a shotgun as far as I'm aware if you go through the correct channels i.e. be a full member of a shooting club and that's...well actually that's pretty much it. There's none of this 'self-defence' bullshit and there's certainly not "I rent a flat and I'm scared of the big bad man with a gun so I need a gun and we all need guns to protect ourselves from each other because we've all got guns." The wealth of options, ease of license attainment and illogical reasoning that can lead to gun acquisition in the United States is beyond a joke.

Guns don't kill people, people kill people. But a madman with a knife kills a couple of people, maybe wounds a score or two. A madman with rapid-fire weaponary at his relative disposal can open fire and mow down countless victims wherever they damn well please.

These crimes are often committed in the heat of the moment. I'm aware there have been elements of "planning" involved with some attacks of this stature but how frustrated would a criminal be if he had to join a gun club, become a full member, apply for and pay for a license to obtain a not at all automatic gun. I daresay it would be a different story.

The whole situation sickens me, whether it can be considered a conspiracy or not might be a sign of the times more than anything, but children have legitimately died. Potential taken away for no good reason. How many massacres have the US had in a matter of years? How many more murders in major cities? I daresay more per capita than in the UK. We've had about two in 30 years of note. The most recent one made handguns and private weapons illegal. Since then, nothing of the scale. Doesn't take a rocket scientist.

EDIT: Oh and I sickened myself by not properly paying my respects and saying RIP to the victims, how dare I forget the important thing in all this. Peace over all.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
So we should all just do as whats done now stick our heads in the sand and accept that you cant even send 10 year olds to school in America? Something has to be done and tighter gun control is better than nothing. Even if it just makes it harder for nutjobs to get a gun or only stops a few potential shootings its worth it.
You know what else would save children from dying? How about stop bribing them with Happy Meal toys to get their parents to buy them McDonalds? Heart disease is the #1 killer in America, more than double the death toll of gun murder and alcohol combined. But since sick people with yellow skin dying slow painful deaths throughout hospitals across the country doesn't make for good television, people CHOOSE to pay attention to things like this more often. They CHOOSE to report on gun issues because they know our minds are engineered by the media and entertainment to pay more attention to things that go "BOOM!" rather than things that you're statistically more-likely to die from. I feel bad for the families in Connecticut, but I wish the bleeding hearts weren't so choosy of whom they evoke sympathy towards. And stricter gun laws will not reduce gun murder, it will just make people feel safer right before they get shot.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
So what's your solution?

Is there a way to vet and locate people with pathological disorders and mental ailments from the masses of citizens in the United States? Or something to accurately predict what media consumption triggers violent tendencies? Or what couple is going to have a heated argument with a gun in the bedroom? Of course there isn't, you can't get to the source of the problem because the source of the problem is every American and every person in the world because everyone has the potential to commit evil.

Perhaps it's the culure. In the UK you have to apply for a license but only certain weapons are considered unprohibited. You can easily get a shotgun license and a shotgun as far as I'm aware if you go through the correct channels i.e. be a full member of a shooting club and that's...well actually that's pretty much it. There's none of this 'self-defence' bullshit and there's certainly not "I rent a flat and I'm scared of the big bad man with a gun so I need a gun and we all need guns to protect ourselves from each other because we've all got guns." The wealth of options, ease of license attainment and illogical reasoning that can lead to gun acquisition in the United States is beyond a joke.

Guns don't kill people, people kill people. But a madman with a knife kills a couple of people, maybe wounds a score or two. A madman with rapid-fire weaponary at his relative disposal can open fire and mow down countless victims wherever they damn well please.

These crimes are often committed in the heat of the moment. I'm aware there have been elements of "planning" involved with some attacks of this stature but how frustrated would a criminal be if he had to join a gun club, become a full member, apply for and pay for a license to obtain a not at all automatic gun. I daresay it would be a different story.

The whole situation sickens me, whether it can be considered a conspiracy or not might be a sign of the times more than anything, but children have legitimately died. Potential taken away for no good reason. How many massacres have the US had in a matter of years? How many more murders in major cities? I daresay more per capita than in the UK. We've had about two in 30 years of note. The most recent one made handguns and private weapons illegal. Since then, nothing of the scale. Doesn't take a rocket scientist.

EDIT: Oh and I sickened myself by not properly paying my respects and saying RIP to the victims, how dare I forget the important thing in all this. Peace over all.
If it were up to me, I would take steps to reduce the significance and importance of pop culture in America where people grow up believing fame is the ultimate achievement one can accomplish in life. Particularly asinine TV shows that promote such idiotic ideals like Paris Hilton's "My New BFF" (where people compete to be her best friend), falsely-advertised "reality television" shows like Jersey Shore which consist of people who are good at nothing, completely unremarkable, and are only desirable because they are famous. As a result of crap like this, people believe being famous = accomplishment and being infamous is much easier to achieve and just as good to some people. But nobody ever thinks things like this could be the issue because no one wants to part with them. No one wants to believe the crap they subscribe to while they enjoy their western lifestyle could be a source of the sociopathic tendencies that cause these types of tragedies. Both of the Columbine killers openly admitted they wanted to die infamous because they would never amount to shit. I'm really surprised more people don't understand this. Every American killer knows that they will achieve FAME by committing these unfathomable acts of horror because that's just the type of sick and twisted shit we secretly get off on. That's why the History channel runs Hitler week every other month. If you could reduce the importance celebrities have on our culture, particularly having celebrity cameos at political rallies (cringe-worthy), celebrities who are completely irrelevant to the politician's campaign other than the fact they are standing beside them and are famous... if you could actually make the people that RUN this country more famous to the common American, perhaps they would pay more attention to things that affect it. And maybe then it would cross their minds that if they pulled a Columbine or another type of mass shooting and go out in a blaze of glory, they would still achieve nothing. But no one would think like that now, because look at Kim Kardashian... what the fuck does anyone care about achievements? Hahahaha.

Anyways, this plan would never work because... again... Americans would fight harder to protect their entertainment industry than they will their own Bill of Rights. The second Eminem or Marilyn Manson gets blamed for something, everyone goes to fucking war. But when the government wants to pass the PATRIOT ACT or revoke the Second Amendment, everyone's okay with it as long as Sons of Anarchy doesn't get cancelled too. It's pathetic. No one in America believes in anything anymore, they just believe in they see on television.

Killz

Reaction score
If it were up to me, I would take steps to reduce the significance and importance of pop culture in America where people grow up believing fame is the ultimate achievement one can accomplish in life. Particularly asinine TV shows that promote such idiotic ideals like Paris Hilton's "My New BFF" (where people compete to be her best friend), falsely-advertised "reality television" shows like Jersey Shore which consist of people who are good at nothing, completely unremarkable, and are only desirable because they are famous. As a result of crap like this, people believe being famous = accomplishment and being infamous is much easier to achieve and just as good to some people. But nobody ever thinks things like this could be the issue because no one wants to part with them. No one wants to believe the crap they subscribe to while they enjoy their western lifestyle could be a source of the sociopathic tendencies that cause these types of tragedies. Both of the Columbine killers openly admitted they wanted to die infamous because they would never amount to shit. I'm really surprised more people don't understand this. Every American killer knows that they will achieve FAME by committing these unfathomable acts of horror because that's just the type of sick and twisted shit we secretly get off on. That's why the History channel runs Hitler week every other month. If you could reduce the importance celebrities have on our culture, particularly having celebrity cameos at political rallies (cringe-worthy), celebrities who are completely irrelevant to the politician's campaign other than the fact they are standing beside them and are famous... if you could actually make the people that RUN this country more famous to the common American, perhaps they would pay more attention to things that affect it. And maybe then it would cross their minds that if they pulled a Columbine or another type of mass shooting and go out in a blaze of glory, they would still achieve nothing. But no one would think like that now, because look at Kim Kardashian... what the fuck does anyone care about achievements? Hahahaha.

Anyways, this plan would never work because... again... Americans would fight harder to protect their entertainment industry than they will their own Bill of Rights. The second Eminem or Marilyn Manson gets blamed for something, everyone goes to fucking war. But when the government wants to pass the PATRIOT ACT or revoke the Second Amendment, everyone's okay with it as long as Sons of Anarchy doesn't get cancelled too. It's pathetic. No one in America believes in anything anymore, they just believe in they see on television.

Now on this we can agree, I just take a disillusioned and perhaps sheltered view that such trivialities of daily life can become so ingrained in peoples minds that fame becomes the be all, end all. People living life like open wounds for the sake of having their face known is truly sickening. The media should have NEVER ever released the killers name or picture or anything else they may have.

Whilst I'm in the anti-gun court I will stop short as to say if I COULD change society from the bottom up I'd start with you've said and see where that got us. I simply fear it's an impossibility.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Honestly, I'm just waiting for Obama to reveal the shooter was North Korean and it become our excuse to finally invade them.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
It is an absolute tragic to hear something like this happen. Obama needs to get Gun Control in order, with the amount of shootings happening lately, guns need to be banned somehow.

I may live in a safe country (Australia) but our crime is growing, I'm more concerned what's going to happen in ten years time with what's happening lately..