Connecticut School Shooting

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Ozymandias

Reaction score
Speaking as a Brit, you gotta strengthen your gun control laws. This isn't some kinda government conspiracy to rob you of your rights, it's a sensible course of action to stop people - especially young people - from dying.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Speaking as a Brit, you gotta strengthen your gun control laws. This isn't some kinda government conspiracy to rob you of your rights, it's a sensible course of action to stop people - especially young people - from dying.
Wrong.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Sure I'll get flamed for this but it's my opinion.

Bad things happen. They happen everyday. Why are we so shocked. No matter what you do this will continue to happen. There is no way to prevent it no amount of gun control, censorship etc will ever prevent this type of thing from happening.

"Some people just want to watch the world burn."

"You know what I've noticed? Nobody panics when things go "according to plan." Even if the plan is horrifying! If, tomorrow, I tell the press that, like, a gang banger will get shot, or a truckload of soldiers will be blown up, nobody panics, because it's all "part of the plan".

Both quotes very true.

Last edited:

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2

23793596.jpg

I mean Really? Really? If I want to shoot anyone I'll find a way to do it. I mean hell if I can't find a gun I'll just google a recipe to make a bomb. You'll never stop crazy.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Yes we all know how well criminals follow laws.

There's a law against murder too last time I checked, unfortunately *shrugs* IT DIDN'T HELP MUCH TODAY!

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Going to my part of the "plan" quote.

Beijing: The dreaded attacks on school children returned to haunt China on Thursday after 22 of them were injured besides an 85-year-old woman after a "mentally deranged" man, armed with a knife, went on a slashing spree at a primary school.

Armed with a knife Min Yingjun, 36 attacked group of children at the gate of a primary school in central China's Henan Province setting off panic in the village. The woman and most of the injured students suffered head wounds.

Some of them were in shock, according to the People's Hospital of the county, which received most of the people injured in the attack.

All the injured people have been sent to three local hospitals and at least two of them, one student and an 85-year-old woman, are in serious condition, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.

The attack took place this morning at the entrance of Chenpeng Village Primary School in Wenshu Township of Guangshan County in the city of Xinyang.

Local police said they had detained Min, stated to be mentally deranged person. Min burst into the 85-year-old woman's house, located next to the school and went baresark after an argument, according to the daughter of the old woman. Liu is said to have seized a knife at the house and attacked the elderly woman. He then left, rushed into the school campus and slashed students, according to villagers.

The suspect was unknown in the village and might be mentally ill, some villagers said.

"I want to go home," cried a 7-year-old student surnamed Wei, who arrived at the hospital in a serious condition with a skull fracture.

The boy's coat was stained with blood and he was quite scared after being wounded, according to the boy's relatives.

China has been experiencing the school attacks in different places for some time. Dubbed as social revenge attacks by frustrated people marginalised by China's rapid development in recent years, the attackers mainly targeted school children to make maximum impact.

Related Stories
US school shooting: At least 27 dead including 18 children
A number of attackers have already been given executed after courts gave them death sentences.

After several such attacks since 2010, the government has ordered all schools to beef-up security and the official media stopped reporting the incidents to avoid copy-cat imitation

Where are the prayers and love for these kids? The media coverage?

Ozymandias

Reaction score
23793596.jpg

I mean Really? Really? If I want to shoot anyone I'll find a way to do it. I mean hell if I can't find a gun I'll just google a recipe to make a bomb. You'll never stop crazy.

Hmm yeah cause that's what I said.

Of course it wouldn't stop murder incidents. Over here in the UK we have lots of knife crime, basically because it's extremely difficult for your average joe on the street to get a gun. So, no our gun laws do not stop crime, but d'you know how hard it is to walk into a school and stab 27 people to death? Pretty fucking difficult. What we're talking about here is prevention. Making it harder for nutjobs to kill lots of people. Not having guns = makes it harder. Only having knifes = makes it harder. Having to resort to bomb making at home (which often leads to terrorist prevention agencies being alerted, or even better blow themselves up by accident) = makes it harder.

You're never going to stop crazy people from killing people every so often, but it should be made as difficult as possible for them to do it!!

And I'm sorry, the guns and drugs comparison just doesn't hold any weight. Two completely different situations and quite frankly a ridiculously simplistic similarity to try and make.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Hmm yeah cause that's what I said.

Of course it wouldn't stop murder incidents. Over here in the UK we have lots of knife crime, basically because it's extremely difficult for your average joe on the street to get a gun. So, no our gun laws do not stop crime, but d'you know how hard it is to walk into a school and stab 27 people to death? Pretty fucking difficult. What we're talking about here is prevention. Making it harder for nutjobs to kill lots of people. Not having guns = makes it harder. Only having knifes = makes it harder. Having to resort to bomb making at home (which often leads to terrorist prevention agencies being alerted, or even better blow themselves up by accident) = makes it harder.

You're never going to stop crazy people from killing people every so often, but it should be made as difficult as possible for them to do it!!

And I'm sorry, the guns and drugs comparison just doesn't hold any weight. Two completely different situations and quite frankly a ridiculously simplistic similarity to try and make.

Argument fail by above article about Chinese kids.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Going to my part of the "plan" quote.

Where are the prayers and love for these kids? The media coverage?
Yeah the same journalists were pulling those traumatized kids in front of the cameras while they were still in tears. It was disgusting. I question the "mental damage" of the media every bit as much as the gunman tbh.

The shooter was also 20 years old. In the state of Connecticut, it is illegal under any circumstance for anyone under the age of 21 to possess a firearm. So even though the state already has a certain degree of gun control, it didn't help at all. More gun control will only affect those who follow the law, and responsible gun owners are not the ones causing these tragedies.

Ozymandias

Reaction score
No. More gun control means less guns in circulation within the State. Which means there's less opportunity for crazies to get their hands on these weapons.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
The real issue is the fact that schools have no real security protocols. I know for a fact that I could walk through the entire local high school without being stopped. Some guy walking in off the street this shouldn't be possible. But I've done it before, I had cause. And you claim it makes it harder for the average joe. yeah It does but is this what you'd call an average joe crime? I mean gun laws would probably stop crimes of passion. But events like these.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
No. More gun control means less guns in circulation within the State. Which means there's less opportunity for crazies to get their hands on these weapons.
Also wrong.

Making something illegal does not limit access. If that were the case, we would have no drug problems either.

Ozymandias

Reaction score
Primetime, you're moving the goalposts now. You posted the story about the Chinese incident because you thought it proved your argument, unfortunately it actually supported my argument. You have two incidents, one in China, one in the US, one when the knife was the weapon, one when it was a gun, one where none of the victims died, the other where over 20 people, kids, tragically died. The gun caused the deaths. It's far more deadly than a knife, far more precise.

Gun laws, quite simply, make it harder to kill large amounts of people in short periods of time. Simple as that. What gun laws do is MINIMIZE damage. They don't claim to eradicate damage, that is unfortunately impossible, but tough gun laws stop it happening regularly.

In the UK we had the terrible Dunblane massacre many years ago when a crazed gunman shot up a school. That led to us tightening our gun laws even more, and since then we've had nothing on the same scale. We've had plenty of gun deaths and shootings, but horrendous incidents like what happened today do not happen.

I've said it once and I'll say it again, MAKE IT HARD for them! Make it as hard as possible. Limit their access to these weapons.

We Are Joyful, I said above, you cant compare drugs and guns. It's a completely different situation.