Comic Book Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Wow that's alot to read. House first then Powers or is Powers first?

They were running simultaneously, there's a reading order list at the end of every issue so just read House of X #1 first and then it'll tell you what's next at the end. Sometimes it'd be two issues of Powers released in a row and then two issues of House, other times they alternated one issue each, it was kind of odd. Once you finish they give you the reading order for the next set which I believe starts with X-Men #1 and then goes to Marauders and Excalibur #1 but I could be wrong on that part.

• Love
Reactions: Apoho Creed

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Just finished right the ending of Absolute Carnage. Venom vs Absolute Carnage was freaking great, and Venom killed him off, but with t Knull is coming and wanting to feast and you thought Absolute was deadly he's on a whole another level of deadly for sure. I was waiting for the Calvary to arrive and it did to help out the other Avengers was getting worried there for a moment. Spidey and Venom hugging that is a moment for sure, and shit Dylan found out Brock is his Dad holy shit!

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Just finished right the ending of Absolute Carnage. Venom vs Absolute Carnage was freaking great, and Venom killed him off, but with t Knull is coming and wanting to feast and you thought Absolute was deadly he's on a whole another level of deadly for sure. I was waiting for the Calvary to arrive and it did to help out the other Avengers was getting worried there for a moment. Spidey and Venom hugging that is a moment for sure, and shit Dylan found out Brock is his Dad holy shit!

Yeah I just finished it as well and I thought it was a pretty good ending for the Carnage arc although the story is far from over. Have you read any of Silver Surfer: Black btw? It just ended and it's like 5 issues long, but it gives some great insight to Knull so I'd recommend it before the rest of this arc continues later on.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Just finished the Prelude to Black Widow a good read. Funny how Natasha and Tony met each other for the first time, I would of thought for sure she would of waited to drop the bomb on who she was, but nah she doesn't do things by the Book rather by the beat of her own Drum. Time to read Immortal Hulk: Great Power!

Reactions: Chris

virus21

Reaction score
h6usz4mzzqu41.jpg

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

You made this??? Damn this looks awesome! Haven't read too many Comics lately outside of the TMNT/PR Team up arc as Shredder looks badass as fuck as the Green Ranger.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
WFeZPO8l.jpg

wFpxoTZl.jpg

TYoKViml.jpg

qe88UBVl.jpg

I've been hype for this when I saw the Sketch from the Cover and the level went up loads with this. It's Future Trunks meets TMNT I'm so down for this. I'm trying to figure out a exact date other than Summer 2020.

Reactions: Worst Player Ever

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
GFK asked me for some Marvel recommendations the other day so I looked up a few best of lists to find some stuff I thought he'd like. This was one of them: https://www.whenitwascool.com/100-greatest-comic-books-and-graphic-novels

I thought it was a good conglomeration of high rated comics both miniseries and regular series. I decided to start going down the list since I'm not reading weekly ones anymore. First up was The Dark Knight Returns which I've read before, but this was the first time I've read it since seeing the movie adaptations. It still holds up like crazy, definitely one of the best single comic book stories ever written. The way they weave in so much into 4 issues is crazy to me, from the Mutants, Two-Face, Joker, Superman, Russian nuclear hysteria. So much stuff packed into one series. No surprise that it's number one on the list. Up next is Neil Gaiman's Sandman series which ran for awhile mostly in the 90s I believe.

Reactions: Worst Player Ever

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Bro everyone needs to stop what they're doing and read this fucking Sandman series :DEAD:

I just finished issue 38 out of 75 and this shit is so cool. The way they intertwine both history and mythology is amazing, plus they keep bringing back things from previous issues that I thought were just little throwaway plots and turn them into bigger things, the continuity is insane.

I don't remember the issue, but one of my favorite ones was about this guy in like the 1390s I think that boasts about not accepting death so therefore he's immortal. Well Death (the sister of Dream who is the main character) allows Dream to keep him alive or something as long as he doesn't accept death (I don't remember the minutae) so Dream tells the dude he's right and he won't die, so in exactly 100 years they should meet again at the place they were at. Sure enough they meet again and the dude is super excited that he's confirmed immortal. They agree to meet every 100 years and the guy goes through so many ups and downs, but even when he's been really fuckin' abused by life he still wants to keep living bc "there's so much to do still." Eventually it's the 1890s and they meet and the guy accuse Dream of doing this because Dream is lonely and calls himself Dream's friend. Dream gets emotional (he's very emo) and storms out and the guy yells something like "If I see you in 100 years it will be because we're friends" then the main story starts happening and Dream has been through A LOT of shit by the time we get to the 1990s and the issue ends with him showing up with a bottle of alcohol and he calls the dude his friend :proud

Anyway, y'all should read this shit

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Re-read Watchmen a couple of weeks ago, and it's still a great comic that uses all my favorite narrative tropes that I mark for so I probably overrate it even more than some. Also just finished Kingdom Come from the mid-90s. Only 4 issues and could have been more, but it was really nice seeing this story play out from such a broad view because you could interpret some of the minor points in different ways.

Next up is Fables, a Vertigo series from the 2000s about fairy tale characters living in the modern world. This one will probably take me a while unless I end up binging it like The Sandman bc I like it so much. But even then it's 150 issues which is double what Sandman was so we'll see.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Finished Ghost World by Daniel Clowes today. Am a big fan of the movie. The books even darker and has a truly bizarre ending. I liked it a lot, but not as much as the film. The film has a bit more charm and deals with the issues maturely. I love those performances too. The comic book's worth checking out.

Reactions: Chris

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Ah shit I never gave my review of Fables lol

Finished it a couple weekends ago and it was fucking amazing. I'm a sucker for reinterpretations of past characters, whether mythology or fairy tales and whatnot so I knew I'd like it but man they did an amazing job with these characters. It was funny bc in a way they'd do a lot of fairy tale tropes, but acknowledge that they were tropes and then when the tropes didn't work the characters would be all like "What, that's not how it's supposed to happen to us!" Just good shit all around, only complaint was some of the climaxes they had built up after the original one around issue #75 felt a little rushed, especially the ending. But all in all it was a great series that I'd def recommend

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
@Christian Cage

Did you ever read Venom Island? I do remember hearing it picks up from Absolute Carnage. I'm feeling froggy to read some Comics.