Comic Book Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Absolute Carnage 3 was absolute insane, I know a lot of characters have bonded with a symbiote in history for just an issue or so, and I'm glad in some of the comics leading up to this is was re-acknowledged that these guys like Cap, Wolverine and Thing had at some point before they showed up. Hulk Venom is definitely insane, and I really like that the symbiote, while still being mostly loyal to Brock definitely has his own personality here and a sense of responsibility to stop his "son" by means that Eddie might not be okay with

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Welp The Symbiote did tell Eddie if you won't do what needs to be done I'll find someone who will. Still Hulk Venom how in the hell with Carnage stop that Man?!

Just finished the Spider-Man 1# Comic my God the first few Pages made my heart sink to the floor! This is going to be a great read seeing Peter as a Father, and their Son Ben taking the Mantel of Spider-Man. The Monster/Creature forgot it's name who killed MJ, that was her body in that Tube right?

Reactions: Chris

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Welp The Symbiote did tell Eddie if you won't do what needs to be done I'll find someone who will. Still Hulk Venom how in the hell with Carnage stop that Man?!

Just finished the Spider-Man 1# Comic my God the first few Pages made my heart sink to the floor! This is going to be a great read seeing Peter as a Father, and their Son Ben taking the Mantel of Spider-Man. The Monster/Creature forgot it's name who killed MJ, that was her body in that Tube right?

That's what I thought too but I wasn't sure about it...seems very clone saga esque which may not be that great. Also it's hard for me to get as into this as I could be when May Day Parker is clearly the best Peter/MJ kid from that What If...? comic in the 90s...this Ben Parker dude is just emo and I don't like how shitty of a father Peter is so far, but those first few pages were enough to keep me interested.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
That's what I thought too but I wasn't sure about it...seems very clone saga esque which may not be that great. Also it's hard for me to get as into this as I could be when May Day Parker is clearly the best Peter/MJ kid from that What If...? comic in the 90s...this Ben Parker dude is just emo and I don't like how shitty of a father Peter is so far, but those first few pages were enough to keep me interested.

Yeah truth be told my favorite Spider-Man is Scarlet Spider-Man from the 90s. I might to reread that as well, but I agree with you he's really emo, but he might balance himself out as it goes along. Peter is broken Man and it makes me think about what they did in the Spider Verse with that Peter as well. Oh and damn Aunt May is what in his 80's by now, Peter how you let your Aunt keep a eye on your Son at that age?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Yeah truth be told my favorite Spider-Man is Scarlet Spider-Man from the 90s. I might to reread that as well, but I agree with you he's really emo, but he might balance himself out as it goes along. Peter is broken Man and it makes me think about what they did in the Spider Verse with that Peter as well. Oh and damn Aunt May is what in his 80's by now, Peter how you let your Aunt keep a eye on your Son at that age?

Floating timeline bruh she gonna be 60 forever :lmao

• Haha
Reactions: Apoho Creed

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Floating timeline bruh she gonna be 60 forever :lmao

Now that I think about it so Ben is going to be our new Spider-Man will be have the new look like Miles or going towards the classic look like his Father? I imagine a new look, but we might not see that for a little bit of time. I wonder if that guy/creature who killed MJ will be the only villain in this story?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Now that I think about it so Ben is going to be our new Spider-Man will be have the new look like Miles or going towards the classic look like his Father? I imagine a new look, but we might not see that for a little bit of time. I wonder if that guy/creature who killed MJ will be the only villain in this story?

I kinda think this is going to be more standalone in a future timeline that doesn't have any basis in the current one as we still got Friendly Neighborhood and Amazing Spider-Man going with Peter and then the Miles Morales comic as well, this feels like more of a miniseries to me though I'm not sure if they've said it is or not.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I kinda think this is going to be more standalone in a future timeline that doesn't have any basis in the current one as we still got Friendly Neighborhood and Amazing Spider-Man going with Peter and then the Miles Morales comic as well, this feels like more of a miniseries to me though I'm not sure if they've said it is or not.

Sounds about right. Hey what is your top 10 favorite Comic Book Characters

1. Venom
2. Spider-Man
3. Nightwing
4. Red Hood
5. Scarlet Spider-Man
6. Wolverine
7. Cable
8. Nightcrawler
9. Carnage
10. Ghost Rider

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Sounds about right. Hey what is your top 10 favorite Comic Book Characters

1. Venom
2. Spider-Man
3. Nightwing
4. Red Hood
5. Scarlet Spider-Man
6. Wolverine
7. Cable
8. Nightcrawler
9. Carnage
10. Ghost Rider

I'm bad at lists personally but mine would probably be way more generic than yours although I do love all those characters, in no particular order off the top of my drunk mind I'd say:

Batman
Superman
Spider-Man
Wolverine
Captain America
Thor
Iron Man
Cyclops
Storm
Beast

As you can see it's mostly Marvel characters bc I think they have the best heroes, but if we were to do villains, it'd be a lot of DC guys bc they have by far the better villians

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
TqwqFIFl.jpg

Just hearing this news debuting in December it after picks up after Absolute Carnage!

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Not posting full thoughts on all the books from this week mainly bc I forgot to type them up as I was reading, but it was a good week in comics. DC had some good ones, really enjoyed the Tales of the Multiverse book bc I love alternate reality versions of characters with "What if" angles like that one. Superman Smashes the Klan was not very fun mostly bc it was the first issue and it was just a bunch of racist stuff at first without Superman smashing any of them yet :side: but it is cool that they made a comic out of that widely popular radio show run from the 40s, kind of funny that the artwork was so kiddy though but not everything needs to be written all dark and gritty. Justice League was really cool too with that ending that makes everything look all hopeless for now.

Marvel had some more great stuff with Absolute Carnage, the main series was absolutely insane like holy shit. The tie-ins were pretty good too but comparably weaker to the main series. Good stuff from the new X-Men series as well that stemmed from House and Powers of X. Enjoying it a lot more now that it's fleshed out a good bit and I can't wait to see where it goes. JJ Abrams new Spider-Man was pretty fun too even if the premise isn't my favorite, but it's a good story so far. Also Agents of Wakanda is really awesome, this second issue was really cool showing everyone's fears, but I feel like it may be jumping too quick and not really letting any of the stories breath before they do shit like going into space next issue.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Alright I'm really loving this reboot (sort of) of the X-Men at this point, it's been great shit all the way through and I'm also loving all the casual conversations in the other books like "oh the X-Men are acting weird lately in Krakoa so we can't call them" and shit like that.

Venom this week continues this insane Absolute Carnage run, can't believe how fast I read it, once I got to the end I was shocked bc I thought I was maybe halfway done.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I need to get my shit together and read House of X, but Joker-Killer Smile, and Excalibur Issue 1 as well. I have a day off tomorrow from work so I'm going to use that free time wisely!

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I need to get my shit together and read House of X, but Joker-Killer Smile, and Excalibur Issue 1 as well. I have a day off tomorrow from work so I'm going to use that free time wisely!

Killer Smile was great just like most of DC's Black Label stuff have been but it's really hard not to compare it to the current Harleen series since they're similar and Harleen seems to be better so far, but it's got a few more issues so that could change.

I'd read House and Powers of X before Excalibur or any other new title featuring Mutants bc all the new ones stem from that story so you might be confused bc they really changed up the Mutant status quo like A LOT.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Killer Smile was great just like most of DC's Black Label stuff have been but it's really hard not to compare it to the current Harleen series since they're similar and Harleen seems to be better so far, but it's got a few more issues so that could change.

I'd read House and Powers of X before Excalibur or any other new title featuring Mutants bc all the new ones stem from that story so you might be confused bc they really changed up the Mutant status quo like A LOT.

Wow that's alot to read. House first then Powers or is Powers first?