CM Punk Signs with UFC

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Green Jesus

The Showoff
Reaction score
There's a lot of politicking in UFC, but "rigged" is a stretch. No way a conspiracy like that would be reduced to mere speculation

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
It wasn't even relevant if punk was actually any good on a real fight until now, but the subject has been haunting discussion threads forever now.

I would love to read a thread where people were wondering if Punk could fight. I imagine the only people saying he would last in MMA were 10 year old kids who still aren't totally sure if wrestling is real or not

Green Jesus

The Showoff
Reaction score
People talking about punk> Someone randomly mentions how he pride himself on mma training and makes fun of it> Discussion ensues.

Every.fucking.time

I don't even care if he can fight or not, I would say no, but whatever. That's like asking if he can golf or something like that, just completely off-topic random blabber. Not even talking about this particular thread because it is on-topic. I'm just bitching about punk's name appearing even on the most unusual ways these past years

Green Jesus

The Showoff
Reaction score
Next time I see it again, you will be the first to know

Green Jesus

The Showoff
Reaction score
For now here's a lovely doll you might be interested in
595083448727845fa9deb4b97051e159.jpg

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Big difference between expecting a fight and working a match. Punk is gonna get worked over but it'll be fun.
I'm not even sure he will get worked, since he won't be fighting UFC Caliber guys. I think we are just going to see low quality, local armory event type MMA fights on a UFC card, but CM Punk fans will love it because its Punk.

If he gets someone even semi-legit obviously it is game over.. but I could see UFC trying to get him a couple of cheap wins first.

Serious question: Why not put him in TUF house? Seems like the "fairest" way to do it and draw ratings for that show. Also give Punk a chance to train, get a fight or two under his belt (but not on his record) ect.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Big difference between expecting a fight and working a match. Punk is gonna get worked over but it'll be fun.
I was being playful. I hope for the best for him. He's was a poor dude, had nothing, and made a nice life for himself. I can't have hate toward him.

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
So wait a second, some people are jaded because Phil, a guy with cca zero fights in his not-even-career is going to fight some other inexperienced dudes? Well color me fucking surprised, I thought he's taking on Jon Jones or whoever the man is in his first fight.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Jason David Frank wants to be his first fight but we'll see if that happens JDF has been training his entire life so I doubt they'll let that go through.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
What I hear when the people optimistic Punk will be great in UFC post.