CM Punk Signs with UFC

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
Any legitimate fighter wants to step in the cage with Punk, just think about it.

1. Super easy fight
2. Super easy money
3. super easy exposure
Well that name would make it even more lucrative for Punk as well IMO. I'm not a big UFC follower so any of the other guys who have made it known they want to fight him mean nothing to me - but the green ranger!? Hell yeah I wanna see that fight lol. I don't care how shitty it will be compared to bigger names.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Well that name would make it even more lucrative for Punk as well IMO. I'm not a big UFC follower so any of the other guys who have made it known they want to fight him mean nothing to me - but the green ranger!? Hell yeah I wanna see that fight lol. I don't care how shitty it will be compared to bigger names.
Honest question- would you pay $50 for a PPV that included that fight? Because that is exactly what the UFC is banking on by bringing in Punk. Guys like you with absolutely no interest in UFC suddenly becoming a paying customer.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
Honest question- would you pay $50 for a PPV that included that fight? Because that is exactly what the UFC is banking on by bringing in Punk. Guys like you with absolutely no interest in UFC suddenly becoming a paying customer.
No, I'd probably try to watch just that fight on a stream or something. I don't care enough to pay $50 a pop for a PPV. But if I heard a friend of mine had already bought it I might be more inclined to go hang out and watch it.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
No, I'd probably try to watch just that fight on a stream or something. I don't care enough to pay $50 a pop for a PPV. But if I heard a friend of mine had already bought it I might be more inclined to go hang out and watch it.
Exactly. Dana White doesn't realize wrestling fans are all illegal streamers lol. He might generate buzz with this signing, but I doubt it translates into PPV buys.

Someone on another site suggested Joe Rogan to fight CM Punk. This is a brilliant idea actually lol

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
Exactly. Dana White doesn't realize wrestling fans are all illegal streamers lol. He might generate buzz with this signing, but I doubt it translates into PPV buys.

Someone on another site suggested Joe Rogan to fight CM Punk. This is a brilliant idea actually lol
See, I only thought Rogan was an announcer or something in UFC. I had no idea he actually competed in the fights too.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
See, I only thought Rogan was an announcer or something in UFC. I had no idea he actually competed in the fights too.
He isn't a pro fighter but he has legitimate training in muay thai and jiu jitsu

compare his kicks to the shitty ones I posted of Punk earlier

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Take off your TAP OUT shirt, geek. Taylor Swift fanboy.
I'm not that dude. Wouldn't be caught dead in tapout shit. Also, I was/am a huge Lesnar fan, so if I were the guy you think I am I would have hated him you fucking dork.

Also, you like MMA you fucking twat. Don't act like you don't.

Green Jesus

The Showoff
Reaction score
Wtf are you guys even going on about? We will find out soon enough, won't we? People have been debating this shit for years now. "Punk would get his ass beaten in ufc" and "punk is like bork", whatever. Glad to finally having this pointless dick measurement debate come to an end.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Wtf are you guys even going on about? We will find out soon enough, won't we? People have been debating this shit for years now. "Punk would get his ass beaten in ufc" and "punk is like bork", whatever. Glad to finally having this pointless dick measurement debate come to an end.
He isn't going to be fighting UFC level fighters. They are going to have to bring in guys with little or no pro experience just to get the fight sanctioned.

Besides that the rest of your post is just lulzy. Who would ever compare Punk to Brock? Anyone with a brain knew Brock would do well in MMA w/ his wrestling background. Punk has nothing even remotely comparable to Brock's NCAA accomplishments.

Green Jesus

The Showoff
Reaction score
He isn't going to be fighting UFC level fighters. They are going to have to bring in guys with little or no pro experience just to get the fight sanctioned.

Besides that the rest of your post is just lulzy. Who would ever compare Punk to Brock? Anyone with a brain knew Brock would do well in MMA w/ his wrestling background. Punk has nothing even remotely comparable to Brock's NCAA accomplishments.
Never said I agreed with the statement, just saying this shit always goes the same. It wasn't even relevant if punk was actually any good on a real fight until now, but the subject has been haunting discussion threads forever now.

And if he wins against these no-training jabbronis he will eventually go to ufc level fighters(assuming he doesn't chicken out). Whatever happens, I will gladly take this irrelevant shit out of my sight

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
UFC is rigged anyway, a joke. When I'm in the mood for worked fighting, I watch Pancrase, Pride and Bellator instead of Dana Whitey's SeriousMania.