CM Punk Hits Mom With Restraining Order

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
WWE superstar CM Punk has obtained a restraining order against his estranged mother -- claiming she constantly hits him up for money and then threatens to kill herself if he doesn't come through ... TMZ has learned.

Punk -- real name Phillip Brooks -- claims in legal docs filed in Illinois that he's tried to break off his relationship with his mother for more than a year "due to repeated financial demands and years of abusive, harassing and threatening behavior."

In the document, Punk says he's made an effort to help his mom -- who he claims suffers from bipolar disorder -- giving her more than $100,000. But Punk says her "abusive/threatening behavior" escalated when he cut her off.

That's when Punk's mom allegedly unleashed a torrent of nasty emails -- telling the wrestler, "You don't give a s**t about us. You just care about your money and money hungry/fame hungry friends. You would sell us for a nickel."

Punk also says his mother threatened to release potentially embarrassing information about her son's past. Punk suggests the information has to do with arrests when he was in high school.

In the docs, Punk says his mother has threatened to commit suicide on at least 4 occasions in 2012.

Punk says, "I wish for the harassment to stop and am requesting the assistance of the court in this regards."

The judge in the case granted the temporary restraining order back on June 10 -- but the wrestler is due back in court today where he will likely try to extend the protection order for several years.

Have heard him speak about problems with his mother in the past and having a bad childhood like in his recent documentary. She's lucky to get money from him, let alone $100,000. He's tried to help her out and then she is trying to exploit him. Feel sorry for the guy especially that this is public.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
On the main page the title reads "CM Punk Hits Mum" so I wasn't sure what to expect when I clicked on this thread.

He has done the right thing by helping her out with cash but there is no point being a bottomless money pit. Good on him for taking it to the courts to ensure that she stays away.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Wow, that's a pretty messed up situation. Sounds like his mother needs to be committed to an institution, especially if she's threatening suicide on repeated occasions. Really sucks for him that this has been made public. Must be a hell of a burden to carry.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
On the main page the title reads "CM Punk Hits Mum" so I wasn't sure what to expect when I clicked on this thread.

He has done the right thing by helping her out with cash but there is no point being a bottomless money pit. Good on him for taking it to the courts to ensure that she stays away.

Me too :lmao

And yeah, situations like this are always so fucked up. If you weren't there for the kid when he needed you, he shouldn't have to be there when you need him.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Hey if she didn't have kids we wouldn't have CM Punk.

God damn, Punk grew up with some shitty parents though. I'm glad he's been able to succeed so much despite this nonsense.

Reactions: 1 person

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
I could live with that, if Punk wasn't around, it just would have been someone else to take his spot, and we wouldn't even know.

I used to see a lot of patients whose parents were doing basically the same thing, and driving their children into psychiatric care. One girl was 21, and was working since she was 16 to pay her parents bills, as they were welfare bums & drug addicts, guilt tripped her all the time out of her money, and admitted herself after they stole her vacation savings. She felt trapped, and didn't understand the fact her parents were abusing her.

Shitty parents can still have amazing children, but the chances of them getting out of it without any issues is very rare.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Unbelievable a mother ever gets to the point where they just want to use their son like this and going to pathetic lengths such as threatening to commit suicide over money. Pretty tough situation to have to deal with to say the least.

CaptainxBumout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
fandango
It's crazy because if she got her shit together after the first hand out, maybe she could have reconnected with Punk and he would have gave her more money in the long run. Plus she would actually have a relationship with her son. It's stories like these that make you appreciate your own family more.

punk13

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
lita2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
I Think Punk Must Hate Brodus Theme Song.

I actually feel bad for both people here because for her it must be really hard to deal with her Bipolar disorder and for Punk who has to deal with being wrestler traveling the world and all the stress with that and what is going on in his personal life.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
What's a restraining order going to do? Tell the bitch to "shit or get off the pot" and hang up the phone.

Problem solved.

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
Put yourself in that situation would you tell your mother to do that even if she was as bad as punks mother I know if I was in that situation I couldn't do that no matter.

Easy to say not easy to do.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
So.............Publicly shaming your mother is a better option than just privately telling her to leave you alone?

Seems legit.

This is also a one-sided story here, I don't think we have to buy this story that CM Punks parents are terrible people, maybe he is just a shitty son.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
So.............Publicly shaming your mother is a better option than just privately telling her to leave you alone?

Seems legit.

This is also a one-sided story here, I don't think we have to buy this story that CM Punks parents are terrible people, maybe he is just a shitty son.

Seriously dude? Get your fucking head out of your ass. Everyone knows that's Punks parents were worthless. It's not like he publically shamed her. She's a crazy bitch and he needed to do something about it. You try keeping something private when you're a celebrity.

Give me a break. You're such an ignorant ass that will shit on anything Punk related cause you think it's cool to be a troll.