CHRISTMAS! The Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Viper

Reaction score
I'm Jewish so I don't have much of an opinion on Christmas and can't really add much to the discussion but I love Christmas. The Christmas music. Helping other relatives/friends of relatives put up their Christmas trees. Oh and the egg nog. The fucking egg nog. Genius.

Everything about Christmas, I love.

Castiel

Reaction score
I woke up to it snowing today, it was awesome! I never went outside in it because fuck that, but I just love the look of a bit of covering the ground around Christmas. Christmas shopping in the morning! Can't wait! :)

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Why don't you guys like snow? I love the snow, it's awesome but maybe it's because Im younger.

Because my day doesn't suddenly stop because of it. I still have to go to work, the only difference being it takes me longer to get there, and it's colder.

It was still cool for me a few years ago but the novelty has totally worn off. Luckily, it's yet to happen around here this year, and tbh and don't think it will, touch wood.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Because my day doesn't suddenly stop because of it. I still have to go to work, the only difference being it takes me longer to get there, and it's colder.

It was still cool for me a few years ago but the novelty has totally worn off. Luckily, it's yet to happen around here this year, and tbh and don't think it will, touch wood.

Ok, this has been a point of debate between my wife and I for years. Is it a British thing to say "touch wood" as opposed to "knock on wood"? I've always thought "knock on wood" was the expression and she says I'm wrong but she's a foreigner so what does she know? :lol:

The Viper

Reaction score
To get on the snow topic real quick, I fucking love snow. Snow is the fucking shit. Unfortunately, snow is the reason my parents moved from New York to fucking Las Vegas when I was 4. Pussies.

Every day during the winter, I dream and pray that it would snow just once here in Vegas. That would be my ultimate Christmas present.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Ok, this has been a point of debate between my wife and I for years. Is it a British thing to say "touch wood" as opposed to "knock on wood"? I've always thought "knock on wood" was the expression and she says I'm wrong but she's a foreigner so what does she know? :lol:

LOL, yeah it's the British version of the phrase.

To get on the snow topic real quick, I fucking love snow. Snow is the fucking shit. Unfortunately, snow is the reason my parents moved from New York to fucking Las Vegas when I was 4. Pussies.

Every day during the winter, I dream and pray that it would snow just once here in Vegas. That would be my ultimate Christmas present.

Sounds like your parents have a ton of sense to me, haha. I'd much rather spent the winter in warm LV than here.

Castiel

Reaction score
Pex life sounds like a Christmas movie, so maybe he'll get a Christmas miracle and get some snow? That would be fucking sweet! :)

Christmas shopping was fun, picked up a few things for some friends, was waiting in line to pay for something and saw a flippin' Hitchcock DVD with 3 films on it for only $10!! My friend loves him so I snagged that! Also, I remembered another reason I love Christmas, friends coming home! A buddy of mine who's off to university in Ontario came home yesterday and with him and another friend who moved away back we got the whole gang back together and hung out. It was pretty great.

The Viper

Reaction score
Sounds like your parents have a ton of sense to me, haha. I'd much rather spent the winter in warm LV than here.

:lol: I guess you're probably right. It is very nice when it's a sunny day here in LV but it's also pretty awesome when it's cold outside and very cloudy. I'm pretty strange haha

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Presents all bought and wrapped. Thank god that shit's over for another year. Now just one more day of work to plow through before I can really sit back and relax.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
One thing I don't miss after Christmas is over, the stores and the craziness it brings out in people. My word, people are insane this time of year.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
people are going nuts in supermarkets around here. Which is crazy when you realise the shops are only shut for one day. A famine isn't coming people.....

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Still not snow for me yet, This sucks :(. Adults don't want it but as a Kid I want it very badly.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
As an adult I still want snow. We had very little last weekend that melted the next day. That is disappointing. This is the first year in the last few where we haven't had any 2 days before Christmas.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
We got our snow in November last year and we still haven't got any snow in late december.

Castiel

Reaction score
Sooooo.. what did everyone get?

Here's some stuff I got:

L.A. Noire
MW3
Xbox Live 1 year Subsciption + 2800 Microsoft Points
Bill & Ted's Excellent Collection
The original 4 Superman films
Batman: Gotham Knight
Clothes. Oh, and some chocolates and shit, including Ferrero Rocher and Turtles <3

I got to see my nephew, niece and sister on Skype, the kids got a TON of stuff! Must be nice to be a 3 year old... I'm pretty sure they were there a few hours opening stuff. Then again though, it's just toys so it's not like it was all expensive... wait, I mean Santa brought it all. ;) I got to see my nephew open his little bike and he wanted to ride it and not open any others gifts. :lol: Wish they all could've been here with the rest of the family for Christmas.