Bryan Danielson Released!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
But he already repackaged himself when he did that promo a couple weeks ago on NXT. He's been Danielson since then. The aggressive take no shit guy was Danielson.

Reaction score
Its hard to fathom. If the choking incident happened Monday, and they were working the angle at FCW on Tuesday, then why all of a sudden let him go? They also did say that they were looking to do more "real" storylines.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
Plus when WWE releases someone they don't show them in videos. How are they going to show us the NXT incident again and again now?

Montana

Reaction score
My gut is telling me this is a work. Why wait 5 or 6 days after he did it, if it was that bad. A week ago we seen reports that Vince liked what the NXT guys were doing. Just doesn't add up to me. But i do like where this could lead.

chessarmy

Reaction score
This is a work, the director who got the shot would have been fired and he wasn't, Heath Slater choked out Cena with the ring rope and he wasn't fired, WWE writes RAW on Fridays and the fact that he was released Friday morning just SMELLS work, he's the internet darling and firing him would cause an uproar, this is pure genius.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
I like how you just change your mind on a dime.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Well, the problem with you guys' theory is that Dragon didn't get fired until Mattel complained to WWE about it and probably Linda McMahon caught wind of it. He'll be back in WWE, but not until all of this blows over.

Plus, like was said, he didn't have a contract in the storyline, so a work's not quite possible for that sort of thing...

Reaction score
I'm thinking there were two scenarios

1. WWE was gonna publicly "fire" or "remove from the premises" the 7 NXT rookies on RAW but realized nobody buys that shit anymore so they singled out one and made it a public affair in the hopes that more people would buy it.

2. They were originally gonna just edit his actions off future broadcasts and give him a warning or make him do some kind of punishment (like carry someone's bags or buy someone dinner) but then someone got the bright idea to use it as part of the storyline somehow.

But what I don't understand is an NWO style drawn out beat down angle where John Cena gets the holy fuck beaten out of him, Jerry Lawler gets attacked, Matt Striker gets attacked, stage hands get attacked, CM Punk and Luke Gallows get beaten down and property is destroyed is ok but worked choking of somebody is not.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
Not to mention, Bryan's debut was built around the internet smark hype for him. Maybe they fucking with us by putting it on the net first to make it look legit.

NWO style drawn out beat down
LMFAO I almost pissed myself

chessarmy

Reaction score
I like how you just change your mind on a dime.

Because there are so many conflicting reports and sometimes one seems more believable than the other, I never knew there was a law against changing my mind based on facts I'm getting from specific sources, facts that actually make sense and seem more credible than what I originally thought.

I still wouldn't be surprised if this was real, but for some reason I smell work and I'm not sure we'll find out fully until RAW on Monday

phantomgerald

Reaction score
^Dude if there are news source that say anything other than somebody big complained and that WWE will try to bring him back when it blows over, share it with us because that's the only article i've read so far from various sources.

xtremebadass

Reaction score
Daniel Bryan jobbed the entire time he was on the show, how is that a standout performer? Plus he's been feuding with Micheal Cole. Standout performer? I don't think so.
All of Bryan's matches, although he lost, were not bad at all. I think alot of people get "jobbing" and "losing" confused. His matches with Jericho and Batista were awesome let alone the rest.

Side note, how the fuck does Heath Slater still have a job?

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Wel, Meltzer did an update on this saying that there's really no logic in this firing, so nobody try to make sense of things. He also said that Vince was forced to fire him by "an outside force" that has a lot of power. And that as mentioned (By me! :D) That he'll be welcomed back with open arms once the situation dies down a bit, BUT more than one person in the company is worried they just gave a Main event player to TNA in 90 days.

Also he dropped this cryptic bomb..."a much bigger situation is going on with someone who is much higher on the totem pole than Danielson. It was so insane that it would boggle your mind."

What the hell is going on in this company? I thought it would be Linda, but he seemed to be implying it's someone else not publicly affiliated with WWE that wanted Dragon out. As far as the second part goes...my guess is it's something shady involving Trips, but that's just as he's out "filming". Or it could be nothing and Dave's full of crap.

Sounds like some big things are going down.