Bryan Danielson Released!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
All of Bryan's matches, although he lost, were not bad at all. I think alot of people get "jobbing" and "losing" confused. His matches with Jericho and Batista were awesome let alone the rest.

Side note, how the fuck does Heath Slater still have a job?

His match with Jericho was pretty good. I don't recall seeing the match with Tista so I can't judge that one. But still, 2 matches out of how ever many he had doesn't equal stand out performer of the year in my eyes.

lol@ the Triple H report.

xtremebadass

Reaction score
His match with Jericho was pretty good. I don't recall seeing the match with Tista so I can't judge that one. But still, 2 matches out of how ever many he had doesn't equal stand out performer of the year in my eyes.

Yeah I don't really remember specific matches other than the two I mentioned, but I have seen them all and I don't recall a terrible "jobbing". You should look up his match with Batista. He put like 7 different submissions on him in the 5 minute match. It was insane, plus it was on Raw which really elevated Danielson in my eyes. No other rookie wrestled on Raw before he did, Wade Barrett fought Cena later on that night.

nation

Reaction score
"Biding my time, waiting for the right moment to speak."

Off his twitter. Shit, looks like something did happen.

Double J

Reaction score
I don't think it's a work anymore. With Barret saying that Bryan was gone because he had regret for doing the invasion and made it seem like the other rookies took care of him. If it was a work they would of said something along the lines of "WWE is trying to hurt us by getting rid of one of our own" or something like that. It's gonna be funny as hell if they just scrap the whole plan on Bret firing them all is the last we hear about it.

Reaction score
Well, here's some interesting news...apparently Dragon is returning to DGUSA!

Dragon Gate USA
"Enter The Dragon 2010" PPV Taping
1st Anniversary Celebration
July 24th - 8:00pm Belltime
The Arena
7 Ritner Street
Philadelphia, PA 19148

Tickets on sale now in the www.DGUSA.tv Store or by calling 267-519-9744.

Bryan Danielson returns to DGUSA

Open The Freedom Gate Title Match
BxB Hulk defends vs. Masaaki Mochizuki

The War Ends (participants will be announced soon)
CHIKARA Sekigun
vs.
Kamikaze USA

Current Talent Roster:
-Open The Dream Gate Champion YAMATO
-Shingo
-CIMA
-Dragon Kid
-Naruki Doi
-Masato Yoshino
-Mike Quackenbush
-Jigsaw
-Jimmy Jacobs
-Jon Moxley
-Johnny Gargano
-Chuck Taylor
-Many others still to be announced soon!!!

There will be a Bonus Card with a 6:30pm for Golden Circle and VIP Balcony ticket holders. More info coming soon.

Reaction score
It could be a worked release like Mat Hardy in 2005 when they let him walk and work a few RoH shows and he came back in guerilla fashion. I don't know, I still think he'll be back sooner than later. Why else would he be working non factors like Evolve and DGUSA,instead of RoH and PWG?

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
It could be a worked release like Mat Hardy in 2005 when they let him walk and work a few RoH shows and he came back in guerilla fashion. I don't know, I still think he'll be back sooner than later. Why else would he be working non factors like Evolve and DGUSA,instead of RoH and PWG?

I was wondering why Matt Hardy was on the TNA vs ROH No Mercy Mod...

Well I'm still not buying the freaking reason why he was released. It makes NO sense.

Double J

Reaction score

Was Hardy's release a work? I don't remember, thought it wasn't and WWE just brought him back due to fans. Could be wrong of course.

I still don't think it's a work, why have Danielson slowly turn more heelish and then after the big explosion say that he had regrets and bring him back as a face? The story line would be all f'd up if they brought him back and try to say that the rookies took him out after Cena and websites have stated he was released for going against the PG rating. They'd been better off saying he was released for what he did to ole boy and then have Barret complain that WWE was working against them by getting rid of Danielson.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
But Barret or no one else mention Daniel Bryan again after that little blurb. I think they would have developed why he wasn't coming back if it was. Guys let's get over it...it isn't a work. WWE fucked up once again. I tried giving them the benefit of the doubt but WWE isn't smart enough to make this work.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
First of all, PWG's a bigger deal than EVOLVE or DGUSA? To who, Davey Richards? I'm a fan of their product, but I wouldn't put them above those two, as DG and EVOLVE reach a (albeit small) national audience, PWG's rarely ships outside of SoCal, to my understanding.

2nd of all, I doubt it's a work, and i'm pretty sure Matt's was real too, he's just crazy enough to call into radio shows and such. (He probably got re-signed shortly before jumping the rails.) The problem with it being a work are numerous, and WWE isn't stupid enough to lie to their investors and risk driving the company into bankruptcy. As well as Bryan never had a contract to begin with in the storyline.

That said, just like Matt, it's not like they can't re-sign him soon enough to put him back in the NXT 7 storyline.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
It can't be a work, PWI's source Donna Goldsmith can't lie to investors like that, this is legit and WWE basically hired Danielson only to bury his ass and fire him, fucking satanic.

As much as I love reading Mark Madden's shit if you actually believe any of his nonsense conspiracy theories you need to get your head checked.

This is a work, the director who got the shot would have been fired and he wasn't, Heath Slater choked out Cena with the ring rope and he wasn't fired, WWE writes RAW on Fridays and the fact that he was released Friday morning just SMELLS work, he's the internet darling and firing him would cause an uproar, this is pure genius.

When did you become so obtuse? Shit rolls downhill and in this case when it stopped rolling, guess who it hit?

If its true that WWE would take him back, I doubt danielson would go back after something this stupid.

I don't doubt it at all. He went to WWE to make money and this is exactly why he will go back if invited.

Oh yeah and didn't he kill Paul Bearer by encasing him in cement?

No, it was on WWE.com then next day that Bearer was saved at the last minute or something like that.

Also, wasn't WWE kiddie friendly or PG when Undertaker first came to WWE and one of his primary moves was choking his opponent?

Times and morals have changed since those days. Back then alot of people thought wrestling was stupid as shit but I can't recall anyone ever complaining about the violence. Now on the other hand...

It could be a worked release like Matt Hardy in 2005 when they let him walk and work a few RoH shows and he came back in guerilla fashion. I don't know, I still think he'll be back sooner than later. Why else would he be working non factors like Evolve and DGUSA,instead of RoH and PWG?

Hardy's release wasn't a work, I don't think. What happened was after his release came a significant number of fans started up Hardy chants and many derogatory chants at Lita if I remember correctly eventually pushed Vince to rethink his position and bring back Hardy. Of course Hardy blew any momentum he had with his first promo but that's beside the point.