Brief History Of The Board

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Ben

Reaction score
WCF(Wrestle Club Forums) Launched on 8/29/09 and Last Day Of Operation on Roughly 12/1/10 Due To A Server Error

Site was a break off from WrestlingForums, and started by BreakTheWalls and Killswitch. Intial move so a huge boom, and towards the end the site had well over 300k posts and close 2k members

SCREEN SHOT: Wrestling Forums - WWE, TNA, ROH, UFC/MMA, Wrestling Media, Wrestling Divas

WS (Wrestling Smarks) Launched On 5/7/10 and currently still in operation

Started by KFC(Troy) former Head Admin of PWMANIA Forums

SCREEN SHOT: WrestlingSmarks - Wrestling Forums | WWE, TNA, MMA, UFC, Elimination Chamber, Wrestlemania

TWC ( The Wrestle Club Forum) Launched on 12/3/10 and Last Day Of Operations 11/1/11

Replacement board after WCF went down the intial open wasn't as successful as WCF, but still most of the core members from back in 2009 remained

SCREEN SHOT: http://web.archive.org/web/20110611181015/http://thewrestleclub.com/

THE MERGER TWC and WS Merged On 11/2/11 creating the site you see today

Just threw this up for fun, as it just gives a brief rundown of how we got to where we are. The majority of the original members came from WF and PWM, and in the WF case a lot went back but the core group has been together for close to 3 years. Feel free to add anything in from your time on any of the sites, along with anything I left off. Wasn't really familiar with a lot of the PWM stuff so the multitudes of guys on here from there are more than welcomed to chime in with there history.

Reminiscing is fun so have at it.

Reactions: 1 person

Andy

Reaction score
Well, as I mentioned in the memory lane thread, ITR previously merged with WCF when ITR was still known as Powerslam Forums. Most of our members came from there and they all went back when that site crashed. Our members (on ITR) were composed of former members of SvRSeries, Smackdown! Games Live, Smackdown vs. Raw, Powerslam Forums, Wrestlezone Forums, PWM, and I believe that's about it. So, we've got a very diverse group of individuals here to say the least.

Dod Draper

Reaction score
It's a shame that there aren't more screenshots of 2011 for WS. The site completely changed in early 2011, that screenshot probably caught the first couple of days of changes.

The sidebar had been added recently before the screenshot. That horrible banner was one of the first things to go after. After that, stuff like the colour scheme, etc, just happened over the following months.

For an idea of growth in the first half of 2011, see this;

Captur2e.png

I've not got the second half of 2011's data, leading up to the merger.

Pete

Reaction score
Actually that banner (bee-stripes) is still available if you choose the sexy dark skin, which I actually had until recently. Don't actually know why I changed back to the standard one...

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
What posters have been here (WCF) since the start?

I remember nearly getting hounded out of WCF for arguing with Rush and calling Forrest Griffin a jobber :lol: , good times. Him and Ben are the only guys I can remember from that place. Prol because you all change your names every 5 minutes you fucks.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I joined WCF not long after it opened I think

Ben

Reaction score
A lot of the original WCF guys are still here....some went back to WF after the crash, but a lot of members just dissapeared all together.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I was like the 20-something'th member to join WCF if I remember correctly. WF was actually dead for a couple months because literally all the best posters came over. Even the WF admins were signing up so they could "spy" on the chat threads since our members were sending pm's all over WF and poaching members. Would have got even bigger if the staff did a better job containing the trolls/undesirables and adding unwanted sections (basically everything that makes WF suck) that just completely ruined the place and gradually eliminated discussion from the wrestling sections. That was really when WCF went downhill. But it was great for the first few months.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
What posters have been here (WCF) since the start?

I remember nearly getting hounded out of WCF for arguing with Rush and calling Forrest Griffin a jobber :lol: , good times. Him and Ben are the only guys I can remember from that place. Prol because you all change your names every 5 minutes you fucks.
Me pretty much started the site with Switch and BreakTheWalls as I was one of the first people he came to about starting up a site. Break came up with the site Switch did all the server stuff and I helped run it. Pyro aka Kingslayer was a admin when it first started too. Think Ben started out as TNA mod or something, lol he's come a long way.

I was like the 20-something'th member to join WCF if I remember correctly. WF was actually dead for a couple months because literally all the best posters came over. Even the WF admins were signing up so they could "spy" on the chat threads since our members were sending pm's all over WF and poaching members. Would have got even bigger if the staff did a better job containing the trolls/undesirables and adding unwanted sections (basically everything that makes WF suck) that just completely ruined the place and gradually eliminated discussion from the wrestling sections. That was really when WCF went downhill. But it was great for the first few months.
Yeah wish we would have handled that better but it has ultimately worked out.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Yeah wish we would have handled that better but it has ultimately worked out.
Yeah I certainly have no complaints with the way it is now.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Been following KFC (Troy) off and on since PWM I was actually on Wrestleclub at one point too but got out of forum life for a bit shortly after joining (no net)

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I remember WCF. A lot of you weren't too kind to us folks from ITR(PSF then). But that's all in the past... RIGHT PETE?! 8D