Breaking News: Michael Jackson Dead

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

1chiban

Reaction score
Michael Jackson was a hell of a lot more popular than Tupac, in terms of general appeal to different age groups, both genders, and different musical tastes.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
People are really questioning this man's music. Taylor Swift? That IS musicial blasphemy.

We just lost the Elvis, the Hendrix, the Sinatra, the Morrison (who's could be an agruement), the Tupac, the Cobain of our era. The same way their fans felt when these artists passed, MJ's fans feel the same way but MJ had a bigger fan following. Bigger than Elvis.

He dedicated songs to children with AIDS, he wrote "We Are The World" for USA for Africa, he did many humanitarian acts, the man wasn't selfish he did things that were unimaginative for anyone of his stature.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
Russo Swerve: I've had Billy Jean, Thriller, and Beat It on my ipod since I bought it last year. rofl.

the dark knight

i see q1 ignored my post. very well, i was actually giving him a chance to make any sense.

did you get molested by your priest when you were a kid and thats why you're so angry you wanna think everyone else is either a molester or a molested? i mean, priests got a reputation of molesting little boys too and everyone jokes about it. does it mean all of em do it? if so, that answers my aforementioned question. if not, you're a fuckin hypocrite.

edit-

for the reference
You don't go 20 years with the reputation of a pedophile and walk out completely innocent. Anyone who claims otherwise has no place in any sort of debate for their wanton disregard for logic and common sense.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
monkeystyle is a douchebag for that damn comment. Hendrix, Morrison, 2Pac, and Cobain? Really?

Michael Jackson can technically be argued as greater than all four of them combined. And you're naming guys who were taken young, before their careers had a chance to blossom... and they didn't sell great until after their death.

And shit, if you don't sell great until after you die... imagine what the second best seller is going to do (what he's already started doing in the days following his death).

Also, record sales don't mean shit... TODAY! Taylor Swift selling records... while who else is even on the charts? This is 2009, the world is all about downloading. You might get some hardcore fans who buy, and several who buy more than one copy (yes, it happens quite often). But Michael was selling big when that was the only way to acquire albums. There weren't downloads. And even on official download charts, MJ is still one of the top names.

And his albums didn't have 2 or 3 singles, only one of which being good. Michael's albums had 5-8 singles, and every last one of those singles was usually a top 15 song. In fact, it's difficult to find any of those BILLIONS of MJ fans who don't like his albums FRONT TO BACK. Shit, even the Moonwalker VHS was a top seller, that's a testament to how great his dancing was.

Videos of him dancing and his performances on Youtube before he died generally had more views than most artists MUSIC VIDEOS. His music videos had more views, and now they're blowing up.

Michael revolutionized performing and choreography. Michael revolutionized music (he was the first artist to really make pop music, and made good pop music at that). He's worked with artists in damn near every genre of music (yes, I said damn near before you jump down my throat with black metal and shit). Dude will NEVER be forgotten.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
i see q1 ignored my post. very well, i was actually giving him a chance to make any sense.

did you get molested by your priest when you were a kid and thats why you're so angry you wanna think everyone else is either a molester or a molested? i mean, priests got a reputation of molesting little boys too and everyone jokes about it. does it mean all of em do it? if so, that answers my aforementioned question. if not, you're a fuckin hypocrite.

edit-

for the reference

I've ignored your posts because its full of assumptions. How do you know I have a priest? How do you know I go to church in the first place? How do you know my religious affiliations or denominations in any way shape or form? First you dig up trolling videos regarding my efed, which has nothing to do with any argument on these boards whatsoever, and now you have this sudden vested interest in my childhood and personal life to where you're following me around wanting to know my sexual activity?

Man, at first I was asking a general question about whether you and G-1 have a fetish with me, but I am slowly coming to believe its not just an inquiry, but an absolute fact.

CT Styles

I've ignored your posts because its full of assumptions. How do you know I have a priest? How do you know I go to church in the first place? How do you know my religious affiliations or denominations in any way shape or form? First you dig up trolling videos regarding my efed, which has nothing to do with any argument on these boards whatsoever, and now you have this sudden vested interest in my childhood and personal life to where you're following me around wanting to know my sexual activity?

Man, at first I was asking a general question about whether you and G-1 have a fetish with me, but I am slowly coming to believe its not just an inquiry, but an absolute fact.
You're really exposing yourself as an idiot these last couple of days.

Wrestling Station

Don't care either way all I know is that within the next few weeks to a month all you ever wwanted to know about Micheal Jackson and a lot of shit you never wanted to know is going to come out.

And that will be entertaining at the very least.

true!
But you know what? so many people will get alot of money from doing such documentation or tribute movies etc. MJ was used during his life and death :shocking:

Quintastic One

Reaction score
You're really exposing yourself as an idiot these last couple of days.

Yes, I'm an idiot because I'm finally starting to call out members for the constant amount of stupid that they like to spread out around the boards. Whatever. I'm just ending this now before we end up getting Two Scoops Vs. CT Styles tacked on top of Two Scoops Vs. Sterl and Two Scoops Vs. Great One. So whatever, I'll just allow you to act high and mighty like the rest of the douchebags who've tried calling me out these past few days. You're right, I'm wrong. You're big, I'm small. You're the adult, I'm the child. Blah blah blah.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
LMAO - You are kidding right???? MJ won't be a cultural icon like Hendrix, Morrison, Tupac or Cobain???? Are you being serious???

Jackson's Thriller remained at number one for thirty-seven weeks, the longest-ever stay by a non-soundtrack album and second only to West Side Story.

Thriller spent a record 80 consecutive weeks, more than a year and a half, in the Top 10 of the Billboard 200. It was the first of only three albums to remain on the Top 10 for more than a year (along with Alanis Morissette's Jagged Little Pill and Celine Dion's Falling into You).

"Thriller" is the second-best-selling album in U.S. history, at 28 million (AND THE BEST SELLING ALBUM WORLDWIDE WITH MORE THAN 100 MILLION). Only a greatest hits compilation by The Eagles has sold more in the U.S.

Thriller is the only album in the United States to have sold more copies than any other in two separate years, topping the sales charts in 1983 and 1984.

Four of Jackson's albums, Bad, Dangerous, HIStory, and Invincible, debuted at number one in the United States.

Jackson was the first artist to have four Top 10 singles from one album (Off the Wall).

Jackson was the first artist to have seven Top 10 singles from one album (Thriller), a feat matched only by his sister Janet and Bruce Springsteen.

Jackson was the first artist to simultaneously have the number one album and number one single on Billboard's Pop Charts and Black Charts.

Jackson was the first artist in the 1980s to have two simultaneous Top 5 hits ("Beat It" and "Billie Jean" on April 16, 1983).

Jackson is the only artist to have five number one hits from one LP, Bad ("Bad", "The Way You Make Me Feel", "Man in the Mirror", "I Just Can't Stop Loving You", and "Dirty Diana").

Jackson had nine number one singles in the 1980s, more than any other artist during the decade.

Jackson was the first artist to have a song debut as high as #5 on the Hot 100 ("Scream" in 1995).

Jackson was the first artist to ever have a song debut at number one on the Billboard Hot 100 ("You Are Not Alone").

Jackson's album Bad remained in the top five of the Billboard 200 for 38 weeks, longer than any other album to date.

Jackson has had 13 number-one singles on Billboard's Hot 100 singles charts, trailing only The Beatles (20), Mariah Carey (18) and Elvis Presley (18 or 17, depending on source).

Jackson had 28 top ten hits on the Billboard Hot 100, trailing only The Beatles (29), Elvis Presley (36), and Madonna (37).

Jackson had 37 top 40 hits on the Hot 100.

If all of the FIRSTS and ONLYS above don't get you to understand that MJ TRANSCENDED the CULTURE of MUSIC and ENTERTAINMENT then something is seriously lacking on your end.

Oh yeah - he was the FIRST BLACK artist that MTV EVER played on their station - the FIRST. He made music not about color but about THE MUSIC. He will live on forever with his music and his influence on the WORLD will never be forgotten and ALL of the people in the actual industry AGREE so um, yeah, anything else champ?

How is Taylor Swift NOT a one hit wonder?

That was me (well, I was one) and this is an entirely different situation. You were trying to justify Taylor Swift as a good artist because of one album. Firstly, Michael Jackson is one of the best songwriters ever, Taylor Swift is not. To even bring her up in this discussion is muiscal blasphemy. And secondly, once Taylor Swift outsells almost every single artist in musical history, you can start using that as an argument.

Jackson is to Pop Music what Hendrix is to guitar. He'll be a forever lasting cultural icon, hell, he already was really.

Lol @ Cobain & Tupac.

Michael Jackson was a hell of a lot more popular than Tupac, in terms of general appeal to different age groups, both genders, and different musical tastes.

Plus he was a hell of a lot better than Tupac.

This is all well and good but the what sets these guys apart from Jackson is that Jackson did not die at the height of his popularity nor was he anything when he died aside from a punch line.

I'm not saying that he wasn't talented I'm just saying he won't be held in the same regard as others who have died young and at the top of their game. He was relatively old, more or less washed up at the time of his death and up until he died no one gave a shit about him anymore.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Now of course you have millions coming out of the woodwork praising the guy when just less than a week ago those same people would've been making pedo jokes any time his name came up.

The hypocrisy here is overwhelming.

Italian Outsider

Reaction score
Now of course you have millions coming out of the woodwork praising the guy when just less than a week ago those same people would've been making pedo jokes any time his name came up.

don't worry, i'll still make pedo jokes about him if needed.

the dark knight

rofl man, you're a complete fucking idiot. congratulations on contradicting yourself for the 100000000000th time. assumptions? LOL, as if you "mj sucked the boy's dick wasn't an assumption. yea, you're the all-knowing god of this planet, you saw michael sucking his dick, you saw OJ off his wife, you know all.

thanks man, now i can ignore your ass again peacefully.

so what? doesn't necessarily mean anything. i joked about him all my life and laughed at the one you posted days ago, i still love him.