Ben Affleck Cast As Batman

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Ben Affleck is Batman.

The actor will replace Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne in the upcoming untitled Superman-Batman feature for Warner Bros., the studio announced Thursday.

Affleck becomes the eighth actor to play the Caped Crusader, following Bale, George Clooney and Michael Keaton.

“We knew we needed an extraordinary actor to take on one of DC Comics’ most enduringly popular Super Heroes, and Ben Affleck certainly fits that bill, and then some,â€￾ WB president Greg Silverman said in a statement.

Directed by “Man of Steelâ€￾ filmmaker Zack Snyder, the Superman-Batman feature will open worldwide on July 17, 2015, with Henry Cavill, Amy Adams and Diane Lane reprising their roles.

Full Article

Still not sure how I feel about this. At first, I was like meh but then I thought about it more and I think Affleck would be a pretty good Batman. He's got a good look for the part and I'm a fan of him. Don't think he'll give a shit about the "Well, Christian Bale's Batman was better" comments either.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
He played Daredevil and I thought it wasn't bad, that movie got blasted unfairly because of the whole "fuck Ben Asslick!" backlash and some good movies he did were lumped in with some stinkers. Daredevil was good, the bad CGI aside.

Don't care who plays Batman, just care on who writes and directs this shit. It isn't hard to to look moody in a suit. Let the nerds nerdrage if they want, they don't matter when this whole franchise blows up Avengers style.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Cant get any worse than Bale, atleast I could buy Affleck as Bruce Wayne.

Not sure if he can redeem himself for the lousy Daredevil movie (as in if they wanted to just rip off Frank Miller's story, they should have just done it instead of making a mockery of it like they did), Chris Evans managed to redeem himself for his crappy Fantastic Four, and even Norman Reedus has redeemed himself after that horrible role in Blade 2, so I do have faith.

punk13

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
lita2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
People had doubts about Heath as joker & he done great.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I think he is a decent fit for the part, but as an actor he is very limited (I see his future more in directing) so I don't know if he will have the depth which the likes of Keaton and Bale bought to the role. Still given the right script and supporting cast it could work, just not sure its a naturally fit.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
I like Affleck so I'm perfectly fine with this. It'd be great if they got Matt Damon to play Robin, and let them speak in Boston accents, but I don't see that happening somehow.

Don't really get the outrage over it to be honest. Was the person playing Batman ever the most important part about the franchise anyway? Every Batman film is generally remembered for the director or the main villain. I'm not saying that the Batman role isn't big, but I find that in the end it isn't as important as some of the other casting choices.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
I really don't get all the backlash he is receiving. I like the guy and think he can do well in this role. Batman sells itself regardless of the actor anyway. People have a hard time adapting to new things and are too quick to criticize. I'll say I would of much preferred Bale but he wanted to move on and I'll give Affleck a shot. It could of been worse. Als the hate Ledger received before playing The Joker can be brought up in this case of course. Ended up winning a posthumous oscar and gave an amazing performance. Everyone watches Argo and talks about how amazing that movie was and how underrated Affleck is. Yes more so as a director than an actor but he still gave a good performance as an actor in that movie. Now Ben Affleck becomes batman, and people decide to remember the bad movies he was in 10 years ago. His recent stuff has been good and I also really enjoyed The Town. As I said he is a great director and could also help Zack Snyder if he wants/needs any help.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Every Batman film is generally remembered for the director or the main villain. I'm not saying that the Batman role isn't big, but I find that in the end it isn't as important as some of the other casting choices.

Came in here to say this.

Get the villain right and you win at teh box office.

Anyone know who the villain is? (character not actor)

Reaction score
Superman Villains are lacklustre compared to Batman's... You have Luthor and that's pretty much it, anyone who something about the comics might know Doomsday because he was the feature villain in the whole "Death of Superman" arc and that's pretty much.

Batman you got a better list, hell the only good thing is Superman and Batman all have had movies in the past so the rogues gallery aren't so unknown as if they was doing these movies for the very first time.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Came in here to say this.

Get the villain right and you win at teh box office.

Anyone know who the villain is? (character not actor)

Agree with Gimmick, and as for Bale, I'm pretty certain that he would have considered playing Joker to be a much bigger challenge than playing Wayne/Batman, I'm informed that he has a very paradoxical personality and a bad temper.

Look at that Terminator Salvation rant for instance. I'm thinking he's so much into method acting that even he doesn't know he is anymore 8D

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I think he'll probably be a great Bruce Wayne but a bad Batman. I'm curious to how many movies they signed him for because I don't know why but I don't see him doing more than one.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
imgur: the simple image sharer

The image is too big to embed, but here's reactions to Heath Ledger being cast as Joker that are relevant now

While I've always been a fan of Ledgers work including his role as the Joker. That argument isn't really the same unless Affleck immediately dies at the end of filming. I'm sorry but people wouldn't have reacted as favorably if Heath were still alive, and he wouldn't have won the Oscar.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Brian Cranston is being rumoured to play Lex Luthor in the film. Also I don't get the hate Affleck gets, I think he's a great actor. I didn't hate Daredevil like so many others do. I think he'll do fine.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
So is Ben Affleck gonna be Derrick Bateman's manager or not?