Ben Affleck Cast As Batman

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I like Affleck so I'm perfectly fine with this. It'd be great if they got Matt Damon to play Robin, and let them speak in Boston accents, but I don't see that happening somehow.

Don't really get the outrage over it to be honest. Was the person playing Batman ever the most important part about the franchise anyway? Every Batman film is generally remembered for the director or the main villain. I'm not saying that the Batman role isn't big, but I find that in the end it isn't as important as some of the other casting choices.

When I heard this news last week that was my first reaction as well, get Matt Damon to play Robin.

Never expected Affleck as Batman, he has the talent but I didn't think that he would go down that road. The money on offer must be incredible for him to do it. Over the past half a dozen years he has redeemed himself and shown that he is a talented actor and director when he was the butt of so many jokes early in his career.

Bryan Cranston as the villian should be awesome as well.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
When I heard this news last week that was my first reaction as well, get Matt Damon to play Robin.

Never expected Affleck as Batman, he has the talent but I didn't think that he would go down that road. The money on offer must be incredible for him to do it. Over the past half a dozen years he has redeemed himself and shown that he is a talented actor and director when he was the butt of so many jokes early in his career.

Bryan Cranston as the villian should be awesome as well.

It might also be just the prestige of having a credit playing Batman on your CV. Its a bit like when someone grew up watching the Star Wars films and then got to appear in one. Pretty sure Ewan McGregor has now admitted that those later Star Wars films are shit but that it was still a dream come true to act in them. Also because this might be a one off then Affleck might not be tied to it after this film.