Barclays Premier League Thread 13/14

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

McLovin1

The Artiste
Reaction score
Choose the right answer.
Manchester is:
1)Red
2)Blue
3)Shit

:happy:

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Arsenal Swansea has had some nice moments but not quite what I'd hoped for.

Same. I thought that was the BPL version of the beautiful game, but ironically, I think Swansea/Tottenham will get that. Arsenal's football quality has dipped over recent years imo. Less beautiful goals. Swansea are by far the most attractive team to watch (Spurs closest contenders, imo). Swansea with a bit of investment = top four contenders imo.

Reactions: seabs

Gav back in the championship

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
does anyone think this year could be arsenals year there on an great run atm in the last 21 games they've won 18 drew 2 lost 1 thats championship winning form also what a start ramseys had this year easily the best player this season finally living up to that potential he has he just can't stop scoring

Gav back in the championship

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
neither of them have been that great though so far especially city dropped easy points against teams they should beat

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
More depth as the season goes on. Arsenal like Liverpool have started well but I doubt they can sustain it. We'll run a sig bet if you want I get Chelsea and City you pick 2 teams and whoever wins gets to change the others sig for a month? If neither win nothing happens.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Agree completely with Seabs. Arsenal's form currently lies with players like Ramsey playing well, but he won't sustain that all season (else he'd be on a 30+ goal season, lol). Giroud is their only striker and he's patchy as well. I think they could get a trophy, but not the league. This season started so unpredictably due to all the changes, but I don't see anyone else winning the league than City. Even though they lost today, they played amazing. Chelsea don't have a good enough team and the Mourinho factor is being overrated imo.

City's season to lose. Their £90m+ investment has paid off. They won the transfer market in the summer (with Spurs), and United lost.

Reactions: seabs

JeebaK

Future Endeavoured
Banned
Reaction score
Arsenal can have a huge chance if they sign another striker and maybe a defensive midfielder in the summer transfer window. That way they will have enough depth. I can still see them winning the league though. Ozil is yet to hit his top form and start scoring, podolski can come back on form.

JeebaK

Future Endeavoured
Banned
Reaction score
Today's match against Shakhtar, im expecting some changes in the lineup. This is how they SHOULD lineup.

De Gea
Rafael - Vidic - Smalling - Evra
Carrick - Kagawa
Zaha - Rooney - Zanuzaj
Van Persie

Possible substitutes :-
Lingaard (for Zaha or Zanuzaj)
Nani (for Zaha or Zanuzaj)
Fellaini (For Carrick or zanuzaj with kagawa shifting to the lw position)
Giggs (For Kagawa)
Jones (For smalling or carrick)

JeebaK

Future Endeavoured
Banned
Reaction score
adnan januzaj is destined for great things i can already tell

Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
United fan myself, was at the game yesterday and bizarrely it wasn't all it was talked up to be in some match reports. The first half was excellent, RVP and Rooney without doubt the best strike force in the league when on song.

It wasn't them I was the most pleased with though. Cleverley and Jones in the centre of midfield complimented each other so well, as they often do. Jones' movement for the first goal allowed Valencia the space in which he scored (No credit to him for it, only Rooney) and yet again, Evra who tracks back slowly was saved a few times by Cleverley's desire to get that ball back, this went unnoticed again.

As good as the first half was, the second was the complete opposite. Three substitutions at half time didn't help (all injury related apparently but I'm not buying that, only Rafael to be fair) and we were sloppy until the end. Breaking up the Jones/Cleverley partnership was the biggest shame of the afternoon because we never got going again, Kagawa was poor and off pace but he's not played enough. Running out of excuses for him though.

There's still work to be done but we're improving in stages. Anyway, who's watching the Cardiff/Swansea game? It's been rather dull...