Barclays Premier League Thread 13/14

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Giggs starts against Liverpool.

Our midfield is: Young, Carrick, Cleverley, Giggs

Worst midfield out of any top European team by an absolute mile. Carrick is the only one remotely world class.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
That isn't your strongest though is it? Why isn't Kagawa playing also? Had offer some creativity sitting behind RVP at least plus combined with Cleverly would give major workrate.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
No idea why Kagawa isn't there. His agent has said he's not fit, but he was fit enough for the bench last week. Absolutely disgusting central midfield though apart from Carrick. I feel sorry for him at times.

McLovin1

The Artiste
Reaction score
Absolutely loving the match so far both Liverpool midfield and defense are doing a great job containing any offense from United and they seem dangerous on the counter as well,I wouldn't be surprised if they scored another one early in the 2nd half.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
I'm a fan of Moyes and hate United fans who tweet #MoyesOut, but his performance as a manager today was pathetic. He had no balls. He chose a team Ferguson would choose without having the effects of Ferguson to make it work. It baffles me how players like Zaha, Kagawa, and Januzaj weren't even options on the bench, but players like Ryan Giggs can play 70 fucking minutes while giving the ball away at every single opportunity. Young ahead of Nani or Valencia was just embarrassing, especially Valencia's track record of destroying Enrique.

Our central midfield is the worst out of any top European team by a mile, and our only good midfield option in Carrick played poorly today, but I completely understand why. We had zero creativity, but the issue wasn't our lack of creativity, it was Moyes not noticing how basically the same team that played against Chelsea last week done exactly the same thing. You either invest in multiple creative players now, or you trust your creative youth players; you don't just play none and hope experience grinds you a win against a hungry Liverpool side at home. We have the best striker on the planet playing in Manchester United colours, but no one to feed him any chances.

After today's performances, I'm simply disappointed in Moyes' safe tactic of picking a side Ferguson would probably pick.

Gav back in the championship

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I'm a fan of Moyes and hate United fans who tweet #MoyesOut, but his performance as a manager today was pathetic. He had no balls. He chose a team Ferguson would choose without having the effects of Ferguson to make it work. It baffles me how players like Zaha, Kagawa, and Januzaj weren't even options on the bench, but players like Ryan Giggs can play 70 fucking minutes while giving the ball away at every single opportunity. Young ahead of Nani or Valencia was just embarrassing, especially Valencia's track record of destroying Enrique.

Our central midfield is the worst out of any top European team by a mile, and our only good midfield option in Carrick played poorly today, but I completely understand why. We had zero creativity, but the issue wasn't our lack of creativity, it was Moyes not noticing how basically the same team that played against Chelsea last week done exactly the same thing. You either invest in multiple creative players now, or you trust your creative youth players; you don't just play none and hope experience grinds you a win against a hungry Liverpool side at home. We have the best striker on the planet playing in Manchester United colours, but no one to feed him any chances.

After today's performances, I'm simply disappointed in Moyes' safe tactic of picking a side Ferguson would probably pick.
Sounds like knowone will be coming in either if what he said is true afterwards

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Wow, poor Spurs. They'll be hearing so much of "0 million beat 100 million" but I'll just be waiting for the next game, the Home one for Spurs. They'll most likely have gelled together and be suited to the Premier League... Meanwhile, Chelsea bought Christian Atsu according to reports. Seriously? I don't know why they're signing so many of these guys, Willian ect. They have enough guys as it is, so many that they're talking about Juan Mata being out of favour even though their BY FAR our best player and they have our youth products like McEachran, Chalobah, Bamford who should get a chance. McEachran was making his champions league debut in 2010 under Ancelotti and 3 years (and many managers later) later he's not even competing to be on the bench. Says a lot about how unfairly he's been treated when he was considered Chelsea's next big thing.

mh0707

The Artiste
Reaction score
Yep. Good.

Really? Have not seen much of him, but the little I saw the last season in QPR he did not impress that much, but he might've developed! But it looks good so far.

JeebaK

Future Endeavoured
Banned
Reaction score
Didnt watch the game yesterday, was out biking with my crush.

Which position did fabio play in? Rb or Lb? I would say he is good enough to replace evra in the lb, and certainly much better than buttner, but AFTER evra retires, evra is still one of the best lb in the league, if not the world. Rafael is excellent in rb, dont see the need to replace him either.

Did fellaini play? How was his performance? Did nani play?

JeebaK

Future Endeavoured
Banned
Reaction score
Didnt watch the game yesterday, was out biking with my crush.

Which position did fabio play in? Rb or Lb? I would say he is good enough to replace evra in the lb, and certainly much better than buttner, but AFTER evra retires, evra is still one of the best lb in the league, if not the world. Rafael is excellent in rb, dont see the need to replace him either.

Did fellaini play? How was his performance? Did nani play?