Barclays Premier League Thread 13/14

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Didnt watch the game yesterday, was out biking with my crush.

Which position did fabio play in? Rb or Lb? I would say he is good enough to replace evra in the lb, and certainly much better than buttner, but AFTER evra retires, evra is still one of the best lb in the league, if not the world. Rafael is excellent in rb, dont see the need to replace him either.

Did fellaini play? How was his performance? Did nani play?

Fabio played RB. Definitely not good enough to replace Evra, but played pretty well overall. Still more rash in his tackles than his brother and not as good going forward. Fellaini played and did the simple stuff well. He had a great volley that the keeper did well to save. You can tell he will at least bring a bit more goal threat to the center of our midfield, and physicality as I don't think he lost a heading battle yesterday. Nani didn't play. The real star of the show was Januzaj - as I said he would be - and it looks like Moyes thinks the same. Januzaj is a fantastic player and will bring that spark/creativity to our team that we so desperately need. Him on one side with an on form Nani/Valencia on the other will finally give us some threat on the wing.

Januzaj is more of a CAM who plays wing though (like a Mata or Oscar). Btw, Evra is no where near to being "one of the best Lb's in the world", quit with that nonsense lol. He is so diabolical defensively which is why Moyes wanted Baines so desperately, but Evra still offers some good offensive threat.

JeebaK

Future Endeavoured
Banned
Reaction score
I would still like to see Kagawa in the starting line up.

How many LBs are actually better than Evra? Contrao, Marcello, Alba, Lahm. Cant think of anyone else, Cole maybe if he was 3 - 4 years younger. Baines is hugely overrated, as most british players are, like morinho pointed out, he has been hailed as a "Talent" for the last 6 years, but he never really "grew up" or reached the potential people thought he would, evra, even at this age will outclass baines anyday.

Evra might be a little weak defensively, but offensively there are not many better than him. Fabio, with time, might become much better than Baines ever was imo, not to mention baines is 28.

JeebaK

Future Endeavoured
Banned
Reaction score
I would still like to see Kagawa in the starting line up.

How many LBs are actually better than Evra? Contrao, Marcello, Alba, Lahm. Cant think of anyone else, Cole maybe if he was 3 - 4 years younger. Baines is hugely overrated, as most british players are, like morinho pointed out, he has been hailed as a "Talent" for the last 6 years, but he never really "grew up" or reached the potential people thought he would, evra, even at this age will outclass baines anyday.

Evra might be a little weak defensively, but offensively there are not many better than him. Fabio, with time, might become much better than Baines ever was imo, not to mention baines is 28.

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
How many LBs are actually better than Evra?

Well, Cole's by far the best left-back in the world and second only to Lahm as the best full-back. Then you've got players like Alaba and Alba who are miles ahead of Evra. And I'd say that Coentrao, Baines and Schmelzer are all marginally better than Evra too.

JeebaK

Future Endeavoured
Banned
Reaction score
Well, Cole's by far the best left-back in the world and second only to Lahm as the best full-back. Then you've got players like Alaba and Alba who are miles ahead of Evra. And I'd say that Coentrao, Baines and Schmelzer are all marginally better than Evra too.

Cole isnt nowehere near to being the best left back in the world. 4 years ago he might have been a contender, now he isnt even a contendar. Alba is outstanding, Alaba isnt, Coentrao is great, Schmelzer is good but unproven in the big stage, Baines is overrated and nowehre near Evra's left.

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Cole isnt nowehere near to being the best left back in the world. 4 years ago he might have been a contender, now he isnt even a contendar. Alba is outstanding, Alaba isnt, Coentrao is great, Schmelzer is good but unproven in the big stage, Baines is overrated and nowehre near Evra's left.

Cole has improved with age and is the best defensively by far, (Alba could be seen as better from an attacking viewpoint).

Alaba is brilliant - probably 2nd to Cole.

Schmelzer 'unproven on big stage'? He's Germany's first choice LB and played every game in their 2012-13 UCL run to the final. Right.

Baines is better than Evra and that's why both Ferguson and Moyes have tried to buy him to replace Evra.

Opinions though.

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score

Cole has improved with age and is the best defensively by far, (Alba could be seen as better from an attacking viewpoint).

Alaba is brilliant - probably 2nd to Cole.

Schmelzer 'unproven on big stage'? He's Germany's first choice LB and played every game in their 2012-13 UCL run to the final. Right.

Baines is better than Evra and that's why both Ferguson and Moyes have tried to buy him to replace Evra.

Opinions though.

TheShadowSoulja

Champion
Reaction score
I'm an Arsenal guy, so I was happy to here about the signing of Ozil. I didn't happen to watch the Sunderland match, but I heard Aaron Ramsey scored two goals, and immediately thought "Bullshit!"

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net

Lmao do you even watch football? You got this the wrong way around. Alaba is outstanding, and Alba isn't. I love Alba but he isn't a good defender: he's a good winger. You're right that Cole isn't a contender any more, but he WAS the best LB in the world by a clear mile 3-4 years ago; he wasn't a contender then, he was the Lahm of left-backs. Coentrao, with Baines and Alaba, are the best left-backs in the world. You saying he's no where near Evra's level is absolutely embarrassing.

Zach

Emma Watson ♥ ♥ ♥
Reaction score
Why is no one talking about Srna?

edit: lol, forgot he's a RB

Last edited:

JeebaK

Future Endeavoured
Banned
Reaction score
Lmao do you even watch football? You got this the wrong way around. Alaba is outstanding, and Alba isn't. I love Alba but he isn't a good defender: he's a good winger. You're right that Cole isn't a contender any more, but he WAS the best LB in the world by a clear mile 3-4 years ago; he wasn't a contender then, he was the Lahm of left-backs. Coentrao, with Baines and Alaba, are the best left-backs in the world. You saying he's no where near Evra's level is absolutely embarrassing.

Alba might not be great defensively, but he is one of the best attacking, and nowadays for a wingback attacking gives u more points than defending.
3 - 4 years ago? hmm lets see, year 2010, i believe Lahm by then was a clear mile ahead of Cole. Maybe 7 years ago during the 2006 world cup, but even then there was Roberto Carlos, Lahm appeared. If you go further few years back from 2006, then Carlos will outshine him by miles