Barclays Premier League Thread 13/14

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

JeebaK

Future Endeavoured
Banned
Reaction score
Alba might not be great defensively, but he is one of the best attacking, and nowadays for a wingback attacking gives u more points than defending.
3 - 4 years ago? hmm lets see, year 2010, i believe Lahm by then was a clear mile ahead of Cole. Maybe 7 years ago during the 2006 world cup, but even then there was Roberto Carlos, Lahm appeared. If you go further few years back from 2006, then Carlos will outshine him by miles

If baines was anywhere close to being one of the top defenders in the world he wouldnt be left in a club like everton, not to mention the only big club that ever made him an offer is Man Utd. The fact that you think Baines should be ranked with the best in the world is emberrasing.

JeebaK

Future Endeavoured
Banned
Reaction score
Btw crayo werent you the one who posted before the start of the season that Rooney should be a 2nd choice in the lineup behind kagawa? :')

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Alba might not be great defensively, but he is one of the best attacking, and nowadays for a wingback attacking gives u more points than defending.
3 - 4 years ago? hmm lets see, year 2010, i believe Lahm by then was a clear mile ahead of Cole. Maybe 7 years ago during the 2006 world cup, but even then there was Roberto Carlos, Lahm appeared. If you go further few years back from 2006, then Carlos will outshine him by miles
Attacking means more than defending? You dumb ass. If Robben was a right back, would he be one of the best in the world? Of course not. Lahm is the best right back in the world because of how good he is offensively AND defensively - like Baines. Lahm is a right back so don't suddenly bring him in the left-back discussion - although he can play both. Cole was the best LB in the world by a mile, it wasn't even close.

Btw crayo werent you the one who posted before the start of the season that Rooney should be a 2nd choice in the lineup behind kagawa? :')

I dunno if I did, but probably. At the start of the season Rooney wanted to leave to go to Chelsea, so naturally I wanted Kagawa - one of the brightest attacking/creative talents in the world - to start and find his feet. Preferably I'd want them both to start with them both alternating between LAM and CAM.

JeebaK

Future Endeavoured
Banned
Reaction score
Attacking means more than defending? You dumb ass. If Robben was a right back, would he be one of the best in the world? Of course not. Lahm is the best right back in the world because of how good he is offensively AND defensively - like Baines. Lahm is a right back so don't suddenly bring him in the left-back discussion - although he can play both. Cole was the best LB in the world by a mile, it wasn't even close.

I dunno if I did, but probably. At the start of the season Rooney wanted to leave to go to Chelsea, so naturally I wanted Kagawa - one of the brightest attacking/creative talents in the world - to start and find his feet. Preferably I'd want them both to start with them both alternating between LAM and CAM.

Lahm is a right back because thats the position rquired from him at present. Hes both a right back and a left back, and equally good at both positions, in 2006 world cup he played for germany in the left back position and performed better than cole by a mile. You, chelsea fans, and british people will be the only ones who would think cole was the best lb by a mile, might have been a close contender though i will agree with that.

If rooney wasnt in man utd, they would be failing by now, rooney has been playing top notch so far this season and proved how you and every other person who wanted him out were wrong. Yes i too would want Rooney and Kagawa both starting.

Zach

Emma Watson ♥ ♥ ♥
Reaction score
Even so, why would you talk about him? He's not even close to Lahm's level.

In the conversations about left backs... but I forgot he was actually a right back. And he's probably the second best right back in the world behind Lahm.

Top 5 Rb's in the world in order.
1. Lahm
2. Srna
3. Pisczceck (sp)
4. Zabaleta
5. Rafael

Last edited:

Zach

Emma Watson ♥ ♥ ♥
Reaction score
Also, trying to digest wtf Jeebak is on about.

Reactions: Crayo

JeebaK

Future Endeavoured
Banned
Reaction score
If Man Utd plays like they did against Leverkusen they should beat Man City easily. Ferdinand needs to tighten up though. Smalling was terrific was a RB, and maybe should be used against city as well to deal with Dzeko in the air, rafael might struggle against dzeko because of his height.

Other than that i would love to see the same team that started against Leverkusen.

Zach

Emma Watson ♥ ♥ ♥
Reaction score
Lol no. Once again, amazing offensively - think he got the most assists - and poor defensively.

Alright well let's see your list of top 5 rb's.

1. Lahm
2. Srna
3. Piszczeck
4. Zabaleta
5. Rafael

JeebaK

Future Endeavoured
Banned
Reaction score
Lol no. Once again, amazing offensively - think he got the most assists - and poor defensively.

Amazing offensively, average defensively is considered better than good defensively but poor offensively imo. One of the reasons why Rafael is the first choice left back instead of Jones or smalling.

Zach

Emma Watson ♥ ♥ ♥
Reaction score
Rafael isn't poor defensively, and he's a right back. I agree on your first point, though.