Are you satisfied with WrestleMania?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Are you satisfied with the outcome of WrestleMania 25?

• Yes, it was pretty good.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Okay. Nothing much really.

• NO. It was garbage.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chessarmy

I don't see anything to complain about to be honest the PPV was great. I ordered it and enjoyed most of the show except JBL/Rey, and the Divas match. Everything else was good-awesome, especially HBK/Taker. Shawn Michaels continues to show that he really is the best wrestler in the world, at his age he can still deliver a 5 star match its amazing. I wasn't happy with some of the finishes, but overall I was entertained by this show and it was pretty much on par with last year's WM in terms of quality.

Soulpower

The only good thing about Orton vs HHH was seeing both men attempt the always popular, FLYING STAND!

PeepShow

I can't judge the battle royal; that was the piss-break.

It was too early to even be a piss break.

But yeah, as I've said numerous times before this PPV was horrible in a sense that it was WRESTLEMANIA. THE BIGGEST WRESTLEMANIA OF ALL TIME AND WILL BE UNTIL 50. And jesus was it awful by those standards. We got 1 great match on the whole card and a couple decent ones. Rest were extremely average to complete DUDS.

StageBomb

Reaction score
Steamboat REALLY impressed. Shocked the hell out of me. And Kofi Kingston is THE man.

C4

Steamboat REALLY impressed. Shocked the hell out of me. And Kofi Kingston is THE man.

I've always loved Kofi Kingston, I even wanted him to win the MITB. It would have been so much better than CM Punk winning the MITB. Although he would have cashed in and lost, it still would have felt great.

And Ricky Steamboat was definitely impressive. Better than 90% of the legends the WWE has right now.

Ilmago

Reaction score
Here are my thoughts on the show and every matches.

Great Wrestlemania!

Money in the Bank was good, Kofi Kingston did some amazing things in the match. The flip from Shelton was amazing. Not to happy that Punk won again.

The diva battle Royal was meh! The only good thing was Santina and his dance at the end.

The Hardy's match was good, Jeff Hardy is just nuts and once again he put his body at risk. The way Matt Hardy won the match was awesome.

The Undertaker vs HBK was probably the best match of the night, through out the match you didn't know who was going to win.

Cena vs Edge vs Show was good, Big show impressed me and he did a good job, how the heck did Cena lift those two guys at the same time. Pretty mad that Cena won as well.

Randy Orton vs HHH was good, I think it was pretty predictable that Triple H was going to win it, he just destroyed Orton at the end.

The Stone Cold thing was awesome, and great way to say goodbye to the Wrestling world.

Jericho vs the Legends wasn't to bad, but Steamboat impressed the hell out of me, the things he did in the ring were amazing and he deserves a standing ovation in my mind for that performance. It was also pretty cool to see Rourke in the ring.

Overall great show in my mind.

Reaction score
By the way, lol at Orton vs HHH being a bad main event. I've been telling you guys for ages that Randy is NOT that good.

You can't blame Orton on this stinker. Blame the terrible, underwhelming booking. Blame Triple H for thinking of himself too highly that he needed to be in ANOTHER WM title match. If the crowd was any kind of indicator, its that Trips is overly played out and got zero reaction. It was nothing more than another boring Triple H match, and this time it became apparent NO ONE CARES about the guy as a face. That was the absolute quietest crowd for ANY WWE ppv main event, perhaps, ever. Randy got very little offense and bumped very well for Trips. It's not his fault this match was booked boring, had no McMahon interaction, had no emotion and was basically a squash that ended the fued right there. Boring. Predictable. That's a HHH match for ya. Blame whatever you want, but you can't blame Randy, he got his heat, did his few spots as well as Trips did his and did the job. Can't blame him for his opponent being bland, emotionless, and basically heatless. I don't care for either guy, but people need to see this for what it is, another boring, dis-satisfying Triple H encounter. Hardy, Rey, HBK, Taker, Mickey Rourke, the legends, Christian and Punk ALL had louder pops than HHH did during his entire match. If this was any other face in this spot they'd be getting flogged and criticized and most importantly, de-pushed. I know all the HHH fanboys will blame Orton, but everyone with an unbiased eye had to see the same thing I saw.

As for the good...Good lord was Taker/HBK the best fuckin match of the early year for WWE or what?? THAT is what a classic match is all about. They had the crowd in the palm of their hand the entire time, not only that but the crowd was twice as loud as it was anytime during the show. That was a 4 and 1/2 flakes worth of goodness and the best part of the whole show. This is HOW it's done.

The Hardys was a fun little ordeal, as was MITB. Kind of sad about Punk winning again unless it's a vehicle to really cement his main event status. Austin's moment was awesome, and it got fifty times more heat than that sorry -ass HHH ego fuck of a main event. Steamer was fuckin awsome and could easily outwork at least 20 guys on the roster now. Everything else was ho-hum to just terrible.

Pros: HBK/Taker was basically the best thing by a long mile. Steamer.
Cons: The WORST Wrestlemania main event EVER. Terrible JBL-Rey waste of time. Mickey Rourke punking the entire buisness by knocking out Jericho. Ugh, a guy as old as the legends knocking out a former world champ? Attrocious. Kid Rock? Fuckin attrocious.

This is easily the WORST Mania in over 11 years. Easy. Certainly not worth 55 clams, and most matches were TV caliber, not "biggest show of the year" material.

C4

You can't blame Orton on this stinker. Blame the terrible, underwhelming booking. Blame Triple H for thinking of himself too highly that he needed to be in ANOTHER WM title match. If the crowd was any kind of indicator, its that Trips is overly played out and got zero reaction. It was nothing more than another boring Triple H match, and this time it became apparent NO ONE CARES about the guy as a face. That was the absolute quietest crowd for ANY WWE ppv main event, perhaps, ever. Randy got very little offense and bumped very well for Trips. It's not his fault this match was booked boring, had no McMahon interaction, had no emotion and was basically a squash that ended the fued right there. Boring. Predictable. That's a HHH match for ya. Blame whatever you want, but you can't blame Randy, he got his heat, did his few spots as well as Trips did his and did the job. Can't blame him for his opponent being bland, emotionless, and basically heatless. I don't care for either guy, but people need to see this for what it is, another boring, dis-satisfying Triple H encounter. Hardy, Rey, HBK, Taker, Mickey Rourke, the legends, Christian and Punk ALL had louder pops than HHH did during his entire match. If this was any other face in this spot they'd be getting flogged and criticized and most importantly, de-pushed. I know all the HHH fanboys will blame Orton, but everyone with an unbiased eye had to see the same thing I saw.

As for the good...Good lord was Taker/HBK the best fuckin match of the early year for WWE or what?? THAT is what a classic match is all about. They had the crowd in the palm of their hand the entire time, not only that but the crowd was twice as loud as it was anytime during the show. That was a 4 and 1/2 flakes worth of goodness and the best part of the whole show. This is HOW it's done.

The Hardys was a fun little ordeal, as was MITB. Kind of sad about Punk winning again unless it's a vehicle to really cement his main event status. Austin's moment was awesome, and it got fifty times more heat than that sorry -ass HHH ego fuck of a main event. Steamer was fuckin awsome and could easily outwork at least 20 guys on the roster now. Everything else was ho-hum to just terrible.

Pros: HBK/Taker was basically the best thing by a long mile. Steamer.
Cons: The WORST Wrestlemania main event EVER. Terrible JBL-Rey waste of time. Mickey Rourke punking the entire buisness by knocking out Jericho. Ugh, a guy as old as the legends knocking out a former world champ? Attrocious. Kid Rock? Fuckin attrocious.

This is easily the WORST Mania in over 11 years. Easy. Certainly not worth 55 clams, and most matches were TV caliber, not "biggest show of the year" material.

I completely agree with this post of yours.

Triple H vs. Randy Orton was simply unbearable. One of the worst WrestleMania main event matches in recent history. Everything else you said was exactly the same as my opinions on WrestleMania 25.

noumenon

HBK/Taker definately stole the show. I think the match would have been even better had the pace not slower due to Taker's scary ass fall.

Jericho did his best against the legends...Steamboat carried this one for the old folks. Piper and Snuka were just painful as hell to watch.

MITB showed some new innovation. But sadly, the two new elements (Kane and Henry) did almost nothing for the match. And the repeat of Punk winning only says to be he'll be turning heel shortly. (That and he got boo'ed pretty badly)

The triple threat was slightly better than I expected it to be. Thankfully they kept Show out of most of the match and let Cena and Edge handle most of the work. Although the 20 minutes of headbutts and chest slaps were unbearable.

Hardy/Hardy was done pretty well. I love Matt's new look...hopefully we'll see something come of this for Matt.

Orton/HHH was horrible. I was seriously in awe that a feud with such incredible build could end in such a shitty match. Not mania worthy at all.

Markz

Reaction score
Did anyone notice the amount of camera man botches and behind the scenes people wearing black always gettin the shot and in the way?
But i loved it, Wrestlemania sells itself these days! HBK VS Taker was immence, here's to hoping to another clash at some point, they can continue this story for a while.

the dark knight

^^i actually hate it when no camera men are visible. seeing a camera man makes it feel more real...

noumenon

LMAO...when HHH was thrown over the barricade... "..he's on my cable!"

Lubay

Reaction score
I actually thought it was decent this year. The only match that really let me down was HHH and Randy Orton (Granted there were other awful matches), just because I hoped that it would at least be able to halfway follow up to the excitement and quality of the Shawn Michaels and The Undertaker match, since it was the main event. I was halfway asleep by the time HHH did his non-climatic finish with the ground punches followed by the pedigree. The Triple Threat was ok. And the legends match was a shocker, when steam boat actually showed that he still seems to have it.

-All that build up for HHH and Orton was unnecessary after seeing their match.

noumenon

That was pretty much my reaction...."Did he just...punch him...and win a match a Mania??"

taikimoto

Reaction score
Everyone knew going into Wrestlemania that Taker/HBK should have closed the show, but I'm guessing keeping HHH's ego happy was more important. Taker match saved what was just an average show.