Are you satisfied with WrestleMania?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Are you satisfied with the outcome of WrestleMania 25?

• Yes, it was pretty good.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Okay. Nothing much really.

• NO. It was garbage.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Airfixx

IMO, a MUCH better way to handle JBLs send off would have been to have him hype his intention to retire as IC champ... THEN have Rey squash him. It would have had SO much more impact... I assume half the crowd or casual fans just kinda went "huh?.... Quit what?"... I would have if I hadn't read a few rumours about his retirement.

Taker vs Michaels. What can you say? These two vets showed the young up and comers how to do it.

Funny you should say that as I don't think aside from knocking the crap out of themselves in MITB that there was really any chance for the younger guys to shine... Ironically they took the match that was most likely to serve this purpose of the fucking card! (i.e. M&M v Colons).

IMO this particular Mania needed to show a solid mix of old new and legendary:

Jericho's match took care of the legends fix, Taker & HBK represented the old guard, but where was our youthful athleticism and attitude (note: no capital 'A', SCSA fans!!!!)?

Unfortunately, on this front it failed.

Soulpower

but where was our youthful athleticism and attitude

Either not on the card, or as a Lumberjack for the tag match. The sad part, is that next year will more than likely be more of the same, with the likes of Batista, Orton, Cena, HHH, Edge and maybe Taker in the title matches.

The Rated R CMStar

The sad part, is that next year will more than likely be more of the same, with the likes of Batista, Orton, Cena, HHH, Edge and maybe Taker in the title matches.

Seeing how Edge and Orton just have 2 years as credible main eventers, I'm OK with that.

But I agree, we need some new talent in the main events. Unfortunately, we would have had at least a new main event talent last year if it weren't for his multiple injuries and bad luck (Mr. Kennedy)

As for WM26, I truly think we will see CM Punk in the main event

Airfixx

but where was our youthful athleticism and attitude

Either not on the card, or as a Lumberjack for the tag match. The sad part, is that next year will more than likely be more of the same, with the likes of Batista, Orton, Cena, HHH, Edge and maybe Taker in the title matches.

It was a rhetorical question (and I was actually refering to the PARTICIPANTS of the tag match rather the the LJacks), but I hear ya...

IMO, first things first let's get some of the newer guys some title shots on the B-PPVs to get the ball rolling... They don't need to win, we just need to get them in the mix (good or bad, WM proved this to me in a bit way.) ... THEN we can worry about them getting to headline the biggest show of the year.

Hopefully we'll get Cena/Batista in a face/heel match of some sort later this year (SSlam maybe) which would be one of the potential big matches off of the list, but IMO we'll defo be seeing another installment in the Orton/HHH saga at WM when Vince/HHH finally sees fit to put Randy over 'H for the title in a convincing manner.

Not the first one to say it but I think Taker & Cena will have a match over The Streak next year which would suitably occupy 2 main event mainstays and alow a modicum of variety.....

Total stab in the dark at next years big matches:

Taker/Cena [streak]
Edge/Orton [title]
HHH/Batista (heel) [title]
HBK/Morrison [fued]

xtremebadass

I think that I was more into Ricky Steamboat and Jericho going at it than Orton and Triple H's title match...is that wrong?

The Dragon could put Orton and the Game to shame lol.

The Rated R CMStar

Edge wasn't nowhere main event in 2005...

In 2006, he was a main eventer, but certainly not on the level he's on now. As a true, solid, go to main eventer that can be in the title match every PPV in the year, well, that only happened since 2007.

PeepShow

Edge wasn't nowhere main event in 2005...

In 2006, he was a main eventer, but certainly not on the level he's on now. As a true, solid, go to main eventer that can be in the title match every PPV in the year, well, that only happened since 2007.

He was in the main event of the very first PPV of the year in 05. Not to mention he was in the main event scene in late 04 as well. Later in 05 he won MITB and was teased in upper-mid card to main event that entire year, and then at the very first PPV of 06, he won the WWE Title. IDK about you, but it'd count that as a solid FOUR years, maybe even closer to FIVE.

Wordlife

^Id count it five exactly, Edge was main eventing some ppvs way back when too... not just recently

Airfixx

He was in the main event of the very first PPV of the year in 05. Not to mention he was in the main event scene in late 04 as well. Later in 05 he won MITB and was teased in upper-mid card to main event that entire year, and then at the very first PPV of 06, he won the WWE Title. IDK about you, but it'd count that as a solid FOUR years, maybe even closer to FIVE.

Time to kick the ballistics guys.....

Firstly, being in the 2005 EC is a bit of a stretch as the sole basis for being considered a maineventer. (We'd be calling the likes or Carlito, Kofi, Knox, Masters and many others ME-ers too and I've yet to hear that. Hell Punk won the WHC and even then peeps are hardly eager to deem him to be a ME!!!).

Please don't say being in a main event makes you a main-eventer.... Two letters for you: LT. (The very term ME-er suggests that it happened more than once.)

As for 2004? Please tell me when.... I'm at a complete loss. He was an 'option' in the title match at Taboo Tuesday and didn't get picked.

2006 = BIG year for Edge. No arguments.

He missed AT LEAST half of 2007.

2008 = HUGE year for Edge.... Truth be known, probably the true superstar of the year.

I can't see how you can honestly consider that 4 (or more years) as a bonafide main eventer.

(I'm sure you and CMS chewed this one over a couple of weeks ago tho', Peep... LOL)

the dark knight

triple h missed a lot when he fucked up his quad, did that change him being a main eventer? maybe practically during the injury, but you know what i mean.

Airfixx

I'm counting 2007 as one of the THREE years he has been a ME-er (2006 - 2008 and counting).

PeepShow

If you are in the main event for a PPV (not counting Raw), you are a main event. When you look back at the career of say Chris Master's, yeah you probably won't remember him as being a main eventer or anything of the sort, but he was in the main event. That's all I'm trying to say.

As for Edge, people have not looked at him as a regular mid carder since early to mid 04. As for late 04, like you said he was an option to be in the main event, but his spot was taken by HBK. Later on then (I think it was November or December, can't remember which), he was in a main event along with
Benoit
for HHH's world title (What a surprise :shifty:) Like I said, my whole argument is that Edge has not been viewed as a mid carder in AGES. Whether he's injured and missed time or whatever, he's still viewed as a main eventer. When HHH misses time, do people view him as a mid carder? No. He's still a main event guy. That was my point.

Edit - fuck you TDK.

The Rated R CMStar

Airfixx finally summed it up better. Edge was just getting formed as a solid main eventer in 2004-2005. Sure, he got some important feuds and title shots here and there, but that didn't made him a main eventer.

Only in 2006 you can start calling him a main eventer, and tbh, until Summerslam he wasn't even a established one. From that point forward, yes, he has been a solid, regular main eventer.

But back to the comment that started it all, SP, seeing how Edge has only main evented 2 WMs, I fail to the boreness you're alluding to about Edge being in main events and in the big stage of Wrestlemania.

EDIT: Yes, since 2004 he wasn't viewed as midcarder, but he wasn't exactly on the level of main eventing WMs, as he is now, or on the level of getting an entire show on his back

the dark knight

im drunk so forgive me for asking this. whats the point of stating he missed half of 2007?