Are you satisfied with WrestleMania?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Are you satisfied with the outcome of WrestleMania 25?

• Yes, it was pretty good.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Okay. Nothing much really.

• NO. It was garbage.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Markz

Reaction score
It looks like having HHH in a title match every year since WM 19 (excluding 22 when he was suppose to, but was injured) it seems that we just can't be impressed by his matches at WM because we see them every year, his only decent one's are the one's which he works with vets and storytellers like HBK.
I really think HHH is hurting the company now, his pops have died, his matches are dull, his comedy is pathetic, he's basically dieing by himself, he needs a helping hand like DX or Evolution just someone to inject some quality into him.

xtremebadass

I voted for the second option because it still was not as bad as WrestleMania 23. The day a WrestleMania sinks lower than WrestleMania 23...shoot me.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Only saw the World title matches and I was dissapointed. The triple threat was good but I was expecting better. I already knew Cena was going to win, Show and Edge didn't even change my mind during the match, they barely had any offense. Cena is a BEAST tho but we already knew that lol watching him lift Show and Edge was pretty fuckin ridiculous tho. - 2.8/5

HHH/Orton. Just sad and boring. The crowd was so quiet I'm hearing the referee clearly telling HHH to calm down. No run-ins, no broken announce table, one referee, what am I watching a RAW main event? Probably the biggest built up to any WM match and we get this? - 2/5

noumenon

^ Had the Taker/HBK match gone last I don't think people would have been so disappointed with the finish of the HHH/Orton match. It was a near impossible match to follow up and really should have ended the show.

LKP

By the way the song at the end of Wrestlemania 25 wast by A band called vast and the song was touch. Aj styles has used it before in tna and someone used it in ROH.

Reaction score
It looks like having HHH in a title match every year since WM 19 (excluding 22 when he was suppose to, but was injured) it seems that we just can't be impressed by his matches at WM because we see them every year, his only decent one's are the one's which he works with vets and storytellers like HBK.
I really think HHH is hurting the company now, his pops have died, his matches are dull, his comedy is pathetic, he's basically dieing by himself, he needs a helping hand like DX or Evolution just someone to inject some quality into him.

He definitely doesn't need DX. There is no need for 40+ year old men parading around like adolescents, it was terrible in 06, and it would be worse today. Dick and fart jokes can only add so much. What really needs to happen is Trips just needs to go away for awhile. He is not helping in anyway with his grasp so tight on the mainevent scene. He has done quite literally everything possible with all incarnations of his character. I've gone into this in depth and well, he's quite literally done it all. His only real value is if he starts doing what real Legends like Foley, Austin and Rock did for him, and that's to job and help establish the young, exciting talent that, ya know, get's heat. His star is falling fast and well, a long absence would at least give fans sometime to actually miss the guy and would re-ignite his aurora and a top notch double turn with someone would be neat. Maybe a double turn with Edge or Orton would be nice, they both sell a similar amount of merchandise as Trips and they're heels.

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score

A) He was in the main event title match of Wrestlemania 18 B) He faced John Cena for the title at 22. 23 is the one he was injured during.

CT Styles

I actually thought it was decent this year. The only match that really let me down was HHH and Randy Orton (Granted there were other awful matches), just because I hoped that it would at least be able to halfway follow up to the excitement and quality of the Shawn Michaels and The Undertaker match, since it was the main event. I was halfway asleep by the time HHH did his non-climatic finish with the ground punches followed by the pedigree. The Triple Threat was ok. And the legends match was a shocker, when steam boat actually showed that he still seems to have it.

-All that build up for HHH and Orton was unnecessary after seeing their match.
How do you think I felt? It was LIVE from 9AM here in Melbourne, I was falling asleep in the match, looking at the clock at 12:45PM.

Everyone knew going into Wrestlemania that Taker/HBK should have closed the show, but I'm guessing keeping HHH's ego happy was more important. Taker match saved what was just an average show.
Triple H's ego had nothing to do with the placement of the 'Taker/Michaels match. It's tradition that the title matches close the show as they should be seen as what you aim for in the business.

The Rated R CMStar

I don't really blame HHH nor Orton for the match. HHH did what he had to do: dominate Randy Orton. The story demanded for Triple H to come out and dominate Randy Orton. I think that had we had a more intrincated ending, HHH dominating wouldn't have been so hurtful for the match.

I think the worst of all was the fact that the match wasn't either wrestling nor a brawl. Both men needed to make it a brawl, but they were kinda scared that fans wouldn't like an all out brawl, so they tried to add some wrestling it...which killed the emotion of it.

Airfixx

I don't really feel like being over analytical cos with the exception of the anti-climactic HHH/Orton match, I had a blast watching WM this year...

So am I satisfied? ....Well, I won't be asking for my money back.

Dissappointments...

*No Tag Match. (2nd most anticipated match of the night for me)
*The shitty way they broke news of JBL retiring. (I was watching with a casual fan and he was like "I Quit? ...What's he going on about???".)
*(To a lesser extent) No announcements as the Divas hit the ring... Who der furk were we watching? (It wasn't easy to tell on TV, so god knows how any of the live crowd sussed that Sunny and any other guests were there at all.)
*That Orton lost.... (But that's my problem).

Reaction score
I wasnt impressed one bit. Taker vs HBK was obv the only match that had me on the edge of my seat. Besides that the two world title matches sucked.. i literally fell asleep during the hhh/orton match. All round.. i thought the ppv was just okay. But i expected A LOT more as it was Wrestle-frigging-Mania!

Orndorff#1

Reaction score
Here's my view of the matches in no particular order.

MiTB ladder match. Some good, some bad and some very ugly. Kingston and Benjamin were entertaining and the rest were only so-so. Punk is damn lucky to be getting a push because his performances are well below par and none of his moves look convincing. Not sure what the writers are thinking.

Taker vs Michaels. What can you say? These two vets showed the young up and comers how to do it. The new talent coming through does not and will never have the in ring psychology of these two. A sad day when they retire. The talent-pool is a bit thin and Old Vinnie better start sourcing real talent.

Diva Battle Royal. Waste of time and valuable space. Feeling majorly ripped off as Colons Vs Miz and Morrison would have been more entertaining and worthwhile. Santina was funny though. Can't remember any real crowd reaction though. It was better on RAW. I found it quite entertaining.

Legends match. Ok. Regardless of Piper's age and poor conditioning, I thought there was some nice vintage work from him (eye poke was classic). Steamboat stole the show. Snuka shouldn't have been there. Rourke shouldn't have bothered. Thought it was plain dumb in the end.
Hardys. Was left feeling unfulfilled after the match. Some fantastic high spots and a good finish but there was something missing. Would like to have seen some more novelty weapons under the ring. The dry-vac was a good touch though. Where's the bag of popcorn when you need it?
JBL vs Rey. Some things are better left unsaid. Not sure whether a squash match at Mania is the way to farewell someone of JBL’s experience. I know he is a heel and you don’t want the crowd to cheer him but there has to be another way, I’m just not sure how.
Triple Threat Title match. Ok match but nothing to get too excited about. I liked the ‘almost’ double FU. Gotta give the man his credit there. The only real issue is putting the strap back on Cena. Merchandising and buy rates are fair reasons why he carries a belt again but his work (in and out) of the ring is just plain getting old and stale. Before anyone calls me a hater, I have a right to express an opinion, an opinion that is shared by quite a few in the crowds. Revamp his character and stop boring us. Would like to see Edge win a Title match clean at Mania. I really enjoy his work.
TripleH vs Orton. I could do nothing but cringe for these two as there was minimal crowd participation in this one. Hell, at one point, the crowd seemed interested in something else that was going to the right of screen. This went on for a few minutes and the two boys in the ring couldn’t read the crowd’s behavior and ad lib a spot or two to get them back in? I could guarantee that performers such as Flair, Steamboat, B. Hart would have pulled something out of their bag of tricks given the same situation.

Overall, I don’t feel that I wasted my money buying the show but I got bored during this one moreso than any other.

Evil Austin

I agree with what most have said that with IWF commentary it sucked and was shat all over but personally I enjoyed it alot, I think it was the best Wrestle Mania overall with it's ups and downs since XX I mean every wrestle mania has their duds and highs but this was really entertaining throughout the majority of it and kept me watching.

On a side note, JBL should have given more time, unless this is a storyline where he becomes a General Manager of some brand - I just don't think he deserved a twenty one second bout with Rey. These two should have given it out a lot more, whether you like JBL or hate him, he has been doing what he is doing for more then ten years and has given it his all in his year long title run on Smackdown. And even if you hate him, no wrestler deserves to go out like that. I mean he doesn't deserve a Flair exit but something more suitable.

CT Styles

Like I said, do you really think they wouldn't give him some control in his final match? JBL also said that he won't be doing any General Manager role. I don't think he's returning to WWE for a while.

The Rated R CMStar

I agree with what most have said that with IWF commentary it sucked and was shat all over but personally I enjoyed it alot, I think it was the best Wrestle Mania overall with it's ups and downs since XX I mean every wrestle mania has their duds and highs but this was really entertaining throughout the majority of it and kept me watching.

On a side note, JBL should have given more time, unless this is a storyline where he becomes a General Manager of some brand - I just don't think he deserved a twenty one second bout with Rey. These two should have given it out a lot more, whether you like JBL or hate him, he has been doing what he is doing for more then ten years and has given it his all in his year long title run on Smackdown. And even if you hate him, no wrestler deserves to go out like that. I mean he doesn't deserve a Flair exit but something more suitable.

Read his blog on WWEUniverse. He actually selected Rey Mysterio as his last oppponent and everything surrounding it