Are you satisfied with WrestleMania?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Are you satisfied with the outcome of WrestleMania 25?

• Yes, it was pretty good.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Okay. Nothing much really.

• NO. It was garbage.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Soulpower

Damn! That's the last time I ever speak ill of Edge :shifty:

The Rated R CMStar

Technically, the same argument could be made about Randy Orton :shifty:

Airfixx

@ TDK: The intention was to present the facts to allow a conclusion to the debate to be reached sooner.

@ PS: Sorry dude, but a one-off main event appearance does not make you a main eventer in my eyes... never will.

Drawing the old analogy of wrestling being a big of a soap opera.... Just cos an extra/bit-part has a lot of interaction with a main character over the course of ONE episode are they instantly elevated? No.... At best they may have earned another chance to prove themselves.... As it was, Edge had to wait a another full year before he had any further ring-time in a main event match....

Fuck... British Bulldog main evented 2 events (SSlam92 & that 6-pack challenge in '99)... Still will always be considered a mid-carder.

Don't make me bring up Rikishi too ('Geddon 2000)?

PeepShow

Fuck British Bulldog main evented 2 events... Still considered mid-card.

Don't make me bring up Rikishi too?

Yeah, they main evented, thus they were main eventers. I'm not saying that's what they will be remembered for. Of course they will be remembers as mid-carders/tag team guys, but the fact remains they did main event at some point, making them main eventers, even if it was only for a couple of times.

the dark knight

for the record im not even following the entire argument, i just felt like asking for the point of mentioning the injury.

Airfixx

Technically, the same argument could be made about Randy Orton :shifty:

LOL...

In fact MUCH more so.... Orton repeatedly main evented IN HIS OWN RIGHT throughout the second half of 2004, captained a SSeries team, and had a HIGH profile fued with Taker throughout most of 2005, ME'd WM22...

(...And no need to be considering supporting roles in EC matches othewise I'd have to take us back to Summerslam 2003. ;o] )

C4

The Money in the Bank Ladder Match was so fucking awesome.

Best one I've seen since WrestleMania 21.

Airfixx

Yeah, they main evented, thus they were main eventers. I'm not saying that's what they will be remembered for. Of course they will be remembers as mid-carders/tag team guys, but the fact remains they did main event at some point, making them main eventers, even if it was only for a couple of times.

So you refuse to acknowledge a difference difference between being in a main event and being a 'Maineventer'?

(Not that I want to get into a debate about language but, as I've already stated the term mainevent-er to me very much points towards the occurence being repeated. Would you really consider a guy who had ONE boxing match to be a box-ER? Someone who has only driven once to be a drive-ER? ...Sorry, not meant as patronising as it read, just struggled to put my point into words here. lol)

So would you be prepared to catagorically declaire that Lawrence Taylor is a Maineventer?

Either way, an honest answer would just about put this one to bed....

PeepShow

So you refuse to acknowledge a difference difference between being in a main event and being a 'Maineventer'?

(Not that I want to get into a debate about language but, as I've already stated the term mainevent-er to me very much points towards the occurence being repeated. Would you really consider a guy who had ONE boxing match to be a box-ER? Someone who has only driven once to be a drive-ER? ...Sorry, not meant as patronising as it read, just struggled to put my point into words here. lol)

So would you be prepared to catagorically declaire that Lawrence Taylor is a Maineventer?

Either way, an honest answer would just about put this one to bed....

Yes, like I said in my last post, if you main evented something, you are a main eventer FOR THAT TIME PERIOD. It may not last but one month, one week, or maybe even just one day, but he was still a main eventer. That's just how I look at it though.

Vandy316

Reaction score
i missed out on the MITB and Battle Royal and the Jericho match cuz i had to chaperone a dance with the BBall team so i cant really judge it. But from what i saw the Taker vs Shawn match was easily the best. The HHH vs Orton match did not live up to its hype at all IMO. Then the IC match sucked ass. The Hardy match was good but ended too soon possibly because of the bump. The WHC match was good but not anything special

Montana

I haven't really posted much about my thoughts on the show, as most everything about the show seems to be agree'd upon. Taker vs HBK was great, HHH/Orton did not deliver, the tag match should have been on the show.

With that being said, for the card they booked, I was satisfied in the sense it was a entertaining show, with about 4 hours of wrestling. Thats basically the bottomline to me. The wwe produces entertainment, and not wrestling. I don't expect 5 star matches from the wwe.

Am i satisfied with how this show was booked from the start. No way. A bunch of rematches, HHH in the #1 spot, a poor set up for a Cena win....lots of poor matches imo.

But pretty much, like i mentioned it was a entertaining show. MITB, Legends match, Hardy vs Hardy were all good. The Divas match was boring. Undertaker vs HBK was great. Cena vs Edge vs Show was good. And HHH/Orton came off weak. I still only think this came off weak because they simply didnt have the time. No Mercy 07 featured two pretty good Orton vs HHH matches. These guys have chemistry, they just couldnt get a good rhymth.

Colin Gimp

Reaction score
I feel like an idiot for paying fifty five dollars to see the same shit but watered down shit for the past 12 years. Wheres the innovation? You could tell step by step what was going to happen. I think im just too old to be a wrestling fan nowadays. Especially when im paying fifty five dollars to see crap.

MITB for a spot match, this missed a lot of spots. Kofi saved it.

taker vs HBK, was alright. since ive seen them do this a million times I knew exactly what was going to happen even when it was unexpected. For the first time being in a big match together it was painfully obvious what was going to happen. Age has wittered them both and they gave it their all at their age but for being a main event its not worth the money.

HHH/Orton: It was as if Kid rock came back on stage and started singing. Just dreadful. After such a terrible long dragged out night with lots of missed opportunities, I went to bed and watched it on the encore. both were awful. this match had the potential to save the night. With a lot of time left on the clock you thought as if something decent could happen. What really happened was contradicting and so obvious it was like spitting in my face after asking for water.

Edge/Cena/Big show

Stupid storyline, stupid match. Crowd favored Edge. Innovation is the key to today why won't WWE change their ways? Triple threats never change

Hardy match

What a shame that this match wasn't given more time. This was both of their wrestlemania moments and it was over in a mere 10 minutes. MOTN just a shame it was too short.

Jericho/Legends

Jericho made you care about this stupid ass feud and then Steamboat stood you up and chopped you across the chest waking your lazy ass up. Great match. Who needs flair? You have steamboat.

Oh and how much of a mess what the announcement team. What a way to ruin the electricity for a huge event. Felt like amateur hour. Just terrible.

Nothing was really solved, no feuds or matches were given time to flourish and complete itself. It was if it was just another PPV leading you into monday. I thought everything lead up to Wrestlemania and that's where the elite go and settle their differences or whatever garbage i was fed to as a child that pops from my subconscious

The rest of WM was shit and I hardly it. What a large step back from last year's WM. This killed my love for Wrestling. It's going to take something actually interesting for me to come back. and no the answer isnt batista coming to save Triple H from Randy Orton...

wwewaleed

Reaction score
It was good for a wwe ppv but not for a wrestlemania like common it had nothing realy specal in it ot be remembered except stone cold going into the hall of fame

wwewaleed

Reaction score
it was nothing comapred to the Shawn Micheals Vs Kurt Angle Mach i think at mania 21