AEW Collision/WBD upfronts MegaThread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Something I just thought of. Wonder what they will do the nights WWE does PLE’s since a lot of them are on Saturday now
nothing tbh, the show will have a lot of competition a lot of weekends, they will do one of two things imo:

- stack the show
-punt

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I just saw it but to be honest, it doesn’t shock me. My personal opinion is he shouldn’t be brought back. I understand why punk wants to bring him back but I don’t agree with it. That being said it also doesn’t personally bother me if he does come back. Just put the guy on a very tight leash if I was Tony.
should probably muzzle the man too, since we going with the full dog-comparisson

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
nothing tbh, the show will have a lot of competition a lot of weekends, they will do one of two things imo:

- stack the show
-punt

I like my third option of experimenting with unconventional things over punting but you're probs right. I'm envisioning the WWE PLE Saturdays to he when we can just get some random ass matches like Suzuki/Danielson happening that one time on YouTube

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
All they gotta do is call the show "the second coming" on air tbh lol
I imagine they will. It’s like when they called the rampage he debuted on the first dance.

Reactions: Chris

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I like my third option of experimenting with unconventional things over punting but you're probs right. I'm envisioning the WWE PLE Saturdays to he when we can just get some random ass matches like Suzuki/Danielson happening that one time on YouTube
well ya that would rule (your third option), it's what they did during early pandemic with no crowds. produced some great results. some weird stuff too but overall, it was fun

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Also this might be slightly relevant to WWE PLE weekend episodes. Seems WBD is on board to catering to hardcore wrestling fans (the actual quote isn't as direct saying that as the tweet tho)

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
live feed of Ace entering the arena after rehire:
hannibal-lecter-silence-of-the-lambs.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf

Also this might be slightly relevant to WWE PLE weekend episodes. Seems WBD is on board to catering to hardcore wrestling fans (the actual quote isn't as direct saying that as the tweet tho)

GOOD!!!!!

the 800k that tune in no matter what every Wednesday is your core audience, don't fuck with what we like please lol

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
The people that watch WWE do so because they enjoy WWE. Chances are you would only probably be able to get a small portion of them to come over to a product that is just trying to be WWE.

And that doesn’t speak any of the people that will probably stop watching if you change your product to be more like WWE.

And the thing is I don’t even think AEW is even the hard-core wrestling product. I think that’s probably more ring of honor right now. AEW has plenty of sports entertainment on the show.

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Mean the too much wrestling can be valid if you are talking about burn out, but meh
It's a personal problem, though. Obviously a person can be like "this is too much wrestling for me" and that's fine... as long as you don't think companies should produce less content just to appease you. Gotta be responsible for your own choices to make yourself happy.

And when I say you I just mean anyone who might feel that way, not literally you :lol

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
The people that watch WWE do so because they enjoy WWE. Chances are you would only probably be able to get a small portion of them to come over to a product that is just trying to be WWE.

And that doesn’t speak any of the people that will probably stop watching if you change your product to be more like WWE.

And the thing is I don’t even think AEW is even the hard-core wrestling product. I think that’s probably more ring of honor right now. AEW has plenty of sports entertainment on the show.

Yeah AEW is really it's own genre bc they try and be a melting pot of all styles of wrestling. Which can be a turnoff for some I'm sure that do not like that variety but I think most enjoy a lot of it, they just might not care for example some of the lucha or the hardcore matches specifically when they happen, where others might love those but not care for the comedy, etc. I think it'd be pretty rare to find someone that genuinely loves all of it but AEW does enough of everything to bring those niches in for the most part

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf

office-michael.gif

• Love

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I think trying to be WWE lite would be disastrous tho yeah, it's really where TNA went downhill. It stopped being an alternative and just became a lesser version of WWE

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Yeah AEW is really it's own genre bc they try and be a melting pot of all styles of wrestling. Which can be a turnoff for some I'm sure that do not like that variety but I think most enjoy a lot of it, they just might not care for example some of the lucha or the hardcore matches specifically when they happen, where others might love those but not care for the comedy, etc. I think it'd be pretty rare to find someone that genuinely loves all of it but AEW does enough of everything to bring those niches in for the most part
for sure, even I don't love 100% of every single angle. It's very rare there's something I outright hate though, just to give the other side.