AEW Collision/WBD upfronts MegaThread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
how yall no selling Punk wanting to bring back Ace tho

Cause I think it's a non-issue unless he's actually brought back lol clearly the Punk stuff is already worked out, and I'm not surprised he WANTS to, i just don't think he gets what he wants

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Cause I think it's a non-issue unless he's actually brought back lol clearly the Punk stuff is already worked out, and I'm not surprised he WANTS to, i just don't think he gets what he wants
I mean you're likely right, but I am getting a bit worried. That being said, WHO are these people who have heard that's what he wants? Is it someone saying stuff to make punk look like more of a dick when he comes back(for kayfabe reasons)? I'm fine as long as he doesn't actually come back, I think even the staunchest defenders on the Punk side were like ya this dude went way too far and we don't vouch for him anymore. I also dunno why Punk would need his own guy there like AEW has better producers already

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I mean you're likely right, but I am getting a bit worried. That being said, WHO are these people who have heard that's what he wants? Is it someone saying stuff to make punk look like more of a dick when he comes back(for kayfabe reasons)? I'm fine as long as he doesn't actually come back, I think even the staunchest defenders on the Punk side were like ya this dude went way too far and we don't vouch for him anymore. I also dunno why Punk would need his own guy there like AEW has better producers already

Yeah I mean we can't ever know for sure but unless it's someone on "Punk's side" spilling this info, it's probably baseless bc I don't think Tony is talking about Punk in anyway to a soul at the moment

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
fwiw I'm 100% with you on that logically I think this has all been sorted already too, Bucks changed their Twitter to IDK ealier too, which they love to kayfabe.

part of me also thinks the Elite might have already signed a new deal, off of no other basis that remember when we all thought, including the dirt sheets that FTR were gonna be free agents imminently but then it turned out they had re-signed like 3 fucking months prior

Reactions: Chris

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
fwiw I'm 100% with you on that logically I think this has all been sorted already too, Bucks changed their Twitter to IDK ealier too, which they love to kayfabe.

part of me also thinks the Elite might have already signed a new deal, off of no other basis that remember when we all thought, including the dirt sheets that FTR were gonna be free agents imminently but then it turned out they had re-signed like 3 fucking months prior

Lol yeah I'm pretty sure the March date Dax kept mentioning was completely made up for the work too, that would track with him originally giving a different date and then being like "oh I was wrong I didn't know when my contract expired after all hehe"

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Lol yeah I'm pretty sure the March date Dax kept mentioning was completely made up for the work too, that would track with him originally giving a different date and then being like "oh I was wrong I didn't know when my contract expired after all hehe"
I tend to often forget too that when AEW started, one thing Tony mentioned was he wanted to create drama and excitement around free agency. this would I guess include these types of worked shoots around contracts ,for better or worse

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I tend to often forget too that when AEW started, one thing Tony mentioned was he wanted to create drama and excitement around free agency. this would I guess include these types of worked shoots ,for better or worse

Worse most of the time I'd say but it generates buzz so I think he'd consider it a success no matter how much they make us cringe. I wouldn't even be surprised if a lot of the Drew McIntyre rumors that Meltzer is constantly having to debunk came from the AEW side for the same reason though, and shit even Randy Orton did it himself to get WWE to pay him more :lol

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Something I just thought of. Wonder what they will do the nights WWE does PLE’s since a lot of them are on Saturday now

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Honestly, speaking, if you’re in the Content creation, space more content to give you content is always better.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Something I just thought of. Wonder what they will do the nights WWE does PLE’s since a lot of them are on Saturday now

First couple times I bet they try to make them huge shows to counter. If ratings are still a lot worse bc of it they might start doing some experimental things those weeks for the niche audience watching instead

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
First couple times I bet they try to make them huge shows to counter. If ratings are still a lot worse bc of it they might start doing some experimental things those weeks for the niche audience watching instead

Like Bryan Danielson one hour matches:garrett

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

Fightful: Update on Punk & Collision​

“WBD released a statement claiming that Punk was “not affiliated with AEW Collision,” but as of today, we’re told that there are still plans with CM Punk

“We’re told that Punk himself didn’t want to be announced for the Collision brand well ahead of time, but don’t know if that played any role in the altered press release.”

“Those that we’ve spoken to had heard weeks ago that Punk was also encouraging Ace Steel to be brought into the fold for Collision as well. We haven’t confirmed whether or not he’ll be back following the series of events surrounding the Brawl Out situation.”

Full article: https://www.patreon.com/posts/83150554?utm_campaign=postshare_fan

--

:kobewat
I believe everything in this. Because punk is obviously going to have Ace’s back when he had his back and I also fully believe punk wants to keep his return a secret so he can get that surprise pop like he did with rampage. That being said hell no on ace is coming back, but hell yeah on keeping it a secret.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I believe everything in this. Because punk is obviously going to have Ace’s back when he had his back and I also fully believe punk wants to keep his return a secret so he can get that surprise pop like he did with rampage. That being said hell no on ace is coming back, but hell yeah on keeping it a secret.
yeah I think either TK announced Punk return tonight, or they just do the super vague shit until the Collision debut and he pops up there unannounced. It makes sense that AEW and Punk would not want his return spoiled on a show announcement unless Punk was gonna be there in person. and even then, it was more of a fun what if scenario in my case

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
how yall no selling Punk wanting to bring back Ace tho
I just saw it but to be honest, it doesn’t shock me. My personal opinion is he shouldn’t be brought back. I understand why punk wants to bring him back but I don’t agree with it. That being said it also doesn’t personally bother me if he does come back. Just put the guy on a very tight leash if I was Tony.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler