AEW Collision/WBD upfronts MegaThread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I do wonder if Collision will have a different product feel though, maybe not as coke-fueled bang bang segment after segment like Dynamite is. Or maybe Dynamite also will let things breathe more with the extra time, it's a common complaint that I can take or leave. I like how Dynamite doesn't let me breathe before new shit is happening personally but wouldn't bother me if they weren't as rushed
so this is just judging on color schemes and personel revealed...but I have a theory it might be a bit grittier?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I could honestly rant about the things I don’t love about AEW quite a bit, and it wouldn’t be short, but overall, I think they’re trying to do something unique and quality and for the most part I enjoy what they present and how they present it. And when AEW is really good, it’s my favorite thing to watch in wrestling and if it wasn’t for AEW I probably would be in one of my out periods with pro wrestling as a whole.

AEW hands down probably has the best roster in modern wrestling, has the coolest belt designs, has the best individual divisions in wrestling today and he attempts to give tags and everything equal pushes.

The only real problem is I don’t love his micro booking decisions. I’d be pushing different sets of talent at different times, but I’ve felt that way about most products I watch so if the macro decisions are good, I can let the micro go.

To the last paragraph, I think that's normal for like 99% of fans. I just try and judge only what is happening vs what isn't happening. I won't be as lenient since they have 2 more hours though

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I could honestly rant about the things I don’t love about AEW quite a bit, and it wouldn’t be short, but overall, I think they’re trying to do something unique and quality and for the most part I enjoy what they present and how they present it. And when AEW is really good, it’s my favorite thing to watch in wrestling and if it wasn’t for AEW I probably would be in one of my out periods with pro wrestling as a whole.

AEW hands down probably has the best roster in modern wrestling, has the coolest belt designs, has the best individual divisions in wrestling today and he attempts to give tags and everything equal pushes.

The only real problem is I don’t love his micro booking decisions. I’d be pushing different sets of talent at different times, but I’ve felt that way about most products I watch so if the macro decisions are good, I can let the micro go.
fwiw sometimes the micro angles are annoying for me too, and i wish stuff had more time to be fleshed out or continue. also sometimes he cuts stuff abruptly, sometimes for good reason but sometimes it could be given more of a chance. I am hopeful more tv time relieves a lot of the small issues I have

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I do wonder if Collision will have a different product feel though, maybe not as coke-fueled bang bang segment after segment like Dynamite is. Or maybe Dynamite also will let things breathe more with the extra time, it's a common complaint that I can take or leave. I like how Dynamite doesn't let me breathe before new shit is happening personally but wouldn't bother me if they weren't as rushed
I kinda hope it does. My favorite thing about 2002-2004 WWE was Raw and SmackDown honestly felt like different companies with how much the products felt unique from each other.

Reactions: Chris

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
so this is just judging on color schemes and personel revealed...but I have a theory it might be a bit grittier?

Just on the vibes yeah, I'm not expecting as much flashiness or comedy. But mixed vibes bc OC is on the poster lol

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
To the last paragraph, I think that's normal for like 99% of fans. I just try and judge only what is happening vs what isn't happening. I won't be as lenient since they have 2 more hours though
yeah they are running out of excuses for certain things with the new show, there is no doubt it will lead to some valid criticism if some stuff remains the same

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Like lax and reDRagon not having tag team title runs and not even being together in AEW anymore so they can’t now will always be a big grievance with me, but I’ll try to let it go.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
yeah they are running out of excuses for certain things with the new show, there is no doubt it will lead to some valid criticism if some stuff remains the same

Def can't get away with artificially extending angles too long I'd imagine. It was already something that annoyed me at times, like Hobbs doing his book of Hobbs segments for way too long before actually doing anything

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
And when I say you I just mean anyone who might feel that way, not literally you :lol
I am not that stupid I knew/know what you meant

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Def can't get away with artificially extending angles too long I'd imagine. It was already something that annoyed me at times, like Hobbs doing his book of Hobbs segments for way too long before actually doing anything
and then not really using the book of hobbs gimmick when he won or after winning. I am hoping also guys like Will Washington will help resolve that kind of shit

Reactions: Chris

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
so SRS is pulling back on the Ace stuff. hes now saying it might not actually have been Punk pushing for it and now also saying it would not necessarily be for tv.

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
so SRS is pulling back on the Ace stuff. hes now saying it might not actually have been Punk pushing for it and now also saying it would not necessarily be for tv.
specifically, name dropped Jericho as someone who may or may not have brought up the idea as a disarming tactic during his punk meeting. also seems like from what he heard this week that "punk is not trying to make tk look like a pushover" which tells me he knows something he cant say

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I’ll tell you what though I’ll be watching how Tony books my rock hard gunslingers. Guns up, bang bang gang.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

I don't wanna sound like a know it all but God dammit I swear every time he or Meltzer has a report that I'm like "eh doesn't make sense" the fuckers correct it lmao

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Imagine even if Ace came back it would just be in the back seat capacity and most likely it will just be to produce Punk segments.