ACW Overhaul Announcement

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The_King

Reaction score
ACW Overhaul
The staff has been discussing a lot of different things lately, but the consensus is that ACW is making progress but definitely could still be better. So, we’ve decided to overhaul the e-fed. Here’s a peak at things that will be changing in the upcoming months.

Contact
We’re trying to increase and maintain the flow of contact between the staff and all you fedders. This entails:
-Monthly PMs to get your feedback/criticism/suggestions
-Monthly PMs to get an idea of the future direction for your character(s) to personalize storylines
-The above will be sent during the PPV before each month (Just sent out the July ones so get those in!)
-After receiving your feedback/criticism/suggestion, the staff will talk it over before presenting a topic with any changes (of course, you will also get the chance to weigh in before any major changes occur)
-After receiving your direction for your characters, we’ll discuss everyone’s hopeful plans and try to come up with something to accommodate your direction. We’ll get back to you with a solid plan by the beginning of the second Adrenaline, if not earlier, and we can fine tune things from there.
-If anything occurs during the month where you have a great idea for storyline/feud, need a segment included in the results, etc., please send a staff member a PM, and we’ll be sure to do our best to accommodate.

ACW Interactive
Unfortunately, this section has kinda’ died off, so we’re hoping to revive it and use it to our advantage. That entails:
-A monthly PPV Card that will be updated after every Adrenaline
-‘Dirt Sheet’ reports that will feature rumors/spoilers/backstage news to push storylines.
-A weekly Power Ranking (starting after Striking Distance)
-You posting things that relate to your character to push your storylines and feuds

Roleplay Feedback
We’ve noticed that some people are looking for feedback on their RPs, and our current system doesn’t allow. So, if you want feedback on an RP, try this:
-Leave a visible comment somewhere on your RP asking for feedback
-Also, drop a comment in the discussion thread, linking your RP and asking for feedback
-Basically, the longstanding OOC rule in the battle threads is being dropped!

Schedule
We’ve kinda’ fallen behind schedule, so we’ve drafted a solid schedule that we’re going to stick with until further notice.
ACW Schedule said:
ACW Striking Distance (Results up on Friday July 13)
ACW Adrenaline 14 (Card up on July 13; Closes on July 18 [5 Days to RP]; Results on July 20)
ACW Adrenaline 15 (Card up on July 20; Closes on July 25 [5 Days to RP]; Results on July 27)
ACW Hunting Grounds (Card up on July 27; Closes on August 3 [7 Days to RP]; Results on Aug 5]
ACW Adrenaline 16 (Card up on Aug 5; Closes on Aug 10 [5 Days to RP]; Results on Aug 12)
ACW Adrenaline 17 (Card up on Aug 10; Closes on Aug 15 [5 Days to RP]; Results on Aug 17)
ACW Adrenaline 18 (Card up on Aug 17; Closes on Aug 22 [5 Days to RP]; Results on Aug 24)
ACW Gold Rush (Card up on Aug 24; Closes on Sep 2 [9 Days to RP]; Results on Sept 4)
etc.
This means we’re sacrificing an Adrenaline next month, but we’ll make do with two. The bigger PPVs, like Gold Rush, will have 9 RP days. Normal PPVs and special Adrenalines will have 7 RP Days, and normal Adrenalines will have 5 RP Days. Three Adrenalines a month culminating in a PPV.

So, that’s our ‘overhaul’. Just thought we’d keep you informed and hope you’re excited. Any feedback on any of this is greatly appreciated!

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
The whole feedback thing was because it says not to leave feedback until after everyone has rp'd unfortunately this seldom occurs before the deadline and so the threads are moved. Glad we've fixed that hopefully it is used constructively.

Interactive has never been to healthy and I've been for deleting it on numerous occasions to me it's pointless because we shouldn't have caps if we don't have caps no need for an "interactive" section which was originally just to rp after the cap was met. I honestly have no idea what the hell it's used for now.

The_King

Reaction score
Interactive has never been to healthy and I've been for deleting it on numerous occasions to me it's pointless because we shouldn't have caps if we don't have caps no need for an "interactive" section which was originally just to rp after the cap was met. I honestly have no idea what the hell it's used for now.
As said in the original post, we're trying to move it in the direction of a kayfabe wrestling news website to push feuds and develop characters. Hopefully, it works out!

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I meant now as in prior to your post. Hopefully it works out

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I know before I used it as like... special stuff... like special in depth interviews. But I think it'll be used pretty good but this stuff looks pretty good.

Andy

Reaction score
I love the overhaul, especially the plans for the interactive section. The schedule looks nice. Might I suggest using separate RP threads?

Pete

Reaction score
Re: feedback, make sure it doesn't clutter the thread too much, because in threads such as the Striking Distance WHC thread, the last thing we need is OOC topics murking things up for the raters.

Could I suggest, King, that we make a "feedback section"? Inside this section would be topics for each of the matches in that week's Adrenaline/PPV, and people could leave their feedback there. Then each week, we'd clean it out and replace the topics with new ones for the next episode/PPV.

As in:

ACW FEEDBACK
- Feedback Thread: Syn v Eric Snow v Zack Bronko
- Feedback Thread: Jacqui M v The Demon

So on, so forth.

Or we could go with separate RP threads - although I've gotten used to this format now, and UWF, for example, just seems strange to me, with nobody from Staff actually starting the thread.

Either way, we need to make sure feedback doesn't clutter up the threads.

Sorry for not bringing this up in Creative, just thought of it :p

Last edited:

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Not sure why it'd be so hard to realize something isn't an rp and just skip over it

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Pretty much agree with Primetime on this one. It's not hard to just see that someone is not involved in the match and skip over it.

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
I like the overhaul. Looking forward to changes in the Interactive Section, will be fun.

The_King

Reaction score
I love the overhaul, especially the plans for the interactive section. The schedule looks nice. Might I suggest using separate RP threads?
I'll add separate RP threads to the list of things to discuss.

Feedback forum won't happen (this is more of an admin issue). It'd be helpful but unnecessary. Likely, we'd be wasting topics every week because not everyone will want feedback, and 3-4 lines of OOC feedback in the battle thread won't ruin anything.

The_King

Reaction score
Why do you need to PM us for feedback though? Don't we all normally do that in the result thread?
I'm kinda' confused haha.
If you're talking about the first post with the 'monthly PMs for feedback/criticism/suggestion', that's referring to feedback on the fed, not RPs, and the only reason we're doing that is in case someone is afraid to air their feedback in public for whatever reason or just isn't the type of person to provide feedback unless prodded. And if anyone ever has feedback, just post in the discussion thread or somewhere relevant (like you said haha), and we'll be sure to tend to it.
If you're talking about RP feedback, whoever is willing to offer it can just post it in the weekly battle threads, no need for PMs.

The separate RP topics definitely have some advantages, so I'll get back to you with an answer on that shortly Andy!