• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ACW Disscussion Thread

Ben

Think all Slim was trying to do was move the thread away from this little hissy fit.

If you want something changed in the fed bring it up to staff. They'll discuss it and if they want to implement it so be it...if not let it go.

No ones being punished as I dont think I've handed out warnings to anyone. Just asked for you guys to stop arguing about the past as it seems to be a point of conflict between you guys.

Rated R Superstar

You see, the staff here doesn't think logically it seems. Andy and myself have issued many great suggestions, but to no avail, as we feel these suggestions would make it easier for them to grade and write. I know The_King has worked with some of these suggestions. So I'm curious as to why they are always shot down before given the chance to fly.

Andy

Although I've been mentioned, I haven't argued thus far, but I must say this. Ben, we (Myself and RRS) did (obviously) try to bring it up to the staff with no valid response being given from them; they did not provide logic as to why we should not have these rules. In fact, our statements were retorted with vulgarity and PWA references. Now isn't that what you told me NOT to do before?

Slim

yeah I was trying to move it along and initially I did contribute to the discussion about language and how its character based and context of the word and it is used should determine whether it should be deemed inappropriate or not. I mean you not going to have two black guys from the south talking like

Hello Friend, Hello kind sir, how is the weather outside of your home chap? Very well thank you, will you like to come in for a cup of tea? I mean if it was satire then yeah but that ain't normal. Some characters it is normal to use more curse words than others, some characters use more slang than others, some characters based on their upbringing use different words... and I'll use another example

I had a character once that was living in New York with a step mother and step sister. His dad married the woman blah blah and they were rich. But someone commented that my guy since he was rich shouldn't use slang and use proper talk. My guy originated from the south, like middle America upbringing. Not high end but not struggling but not private school or anything like that until he moved north. So why should he change everything? He has his roots in the south so he'll use that more than his new lifestyle.

So that's why I'm saying language in an RP has to be checked in the context of the character. You can't just take one word out and be like... oh I don't like that racial slur so the whole thing is bad. That could be the key point to the whole RP is that one word... remove that one word and what do you have? A missing key point for future RPs. Now when reading his RP, you know a lot more about him, his upbringing, his style, everything.

And there goes your non spam post... now can we please move on and discuss something else? I grow tired of this one :)

Rated R Superstar

Racial stereotypes. Wow.

Anyways, I simply don't think that constantly using curse words is necessary, I don't mind the random one here or there, but when it's used constantly?

This is where Andy's LOGICAL suggestion about some rules comes into play. And PY, stating you'll leave because of some rules is incredibly immature and stupid. If you were a true roleplayer, you'd adapt. Oh well.

PY.

Adapt? Adapt to what, not cursing? I'll pass. I'm not leaving because of cursing, I'd be leaving because I'd feel my character is controlled and held back.

Lol, if I was a true roleplayer. You're funny man.

Slim

Racial stereotypes. Wow.

Anyways, I simply don't think that constantly using curse words is necessary, I don't mind the random one here or there, but when it's used constantly?

This is where Andy's LOGICAL suggestion about some rules comes into play. And PY, stating you'll leave because of some rules is incredibly immature and stupid. If you were a true roleplayer, you'd adapt. Oh well.

Dude... it was as loose as an example as Paris Hilton and Kim Kardashian. Just making a point is all... not saying that it has to stick to that..

and if you read my point... I was not agreeing that overusage of curse words and racial slang is appropriate. If you were to pay attention you would see that... I WAS AGREEING with you two. But you still have to look at the context of how it is being used as well. All things must be taken into consideration, not just the fact that the words are being heavily used but why in the world would someone heavily use the words. That's the logical point I'm trying to make.

If someone is using it just for the sake that they can... its stupid, its immature, and I can almost guarantee you that they are going to lose cause its pointless and shows no creativity whatsoever to string a bunch of profanity together. But if there is a purpose to it, I wouldn't penalize them for that RP. If it becomes a habit that ever RP they do is laced with it... then there becomes a problem that needs to be dealt with.

That is what I'm trying to say... I mean come on am I allowed to agree with you and Andy and not have to bicker?

Rated R Superstar

Adapt? Adapt to what, not cursing? I'll pass. I'm not leaving because of cursing, I'd be leaving because I'd feel my character is controlled and held back.

Lol, if I was a true roleplayer. You're funny man.

And you're a fucking dumbass who doesn't understand shit, and thinks his character is unique. Seriously, you don't understand a fucking thing.

And yes, I was intentionally swearing to be ironic.

And Slim, no. We aren't fans of yours. 8D

Last edited:

PY.

And you're a fucking dumbass who doesn't understand shit, and thinks his character is unique. Seriously, you don't understand a fucking thing.

Err, when did I ever say it was unique. I said I never saw the Illuminati slave thing, but never said anything about being unique.

You mad, bruh?

Rated R Superstar

Err, when did I ever say it was unique. I said I never saw the Illuminati slave thing, but never said anything about being unique.

You mad, bruh?

You're the definition of an idiot, so yes, I'm a little mad when some piss ant acts like a total goof and threatens to leave because an e-fed could possibly put restrictions on language. My God.

Pete

I'm not a fan of Nick. AT ALL. But I've agreed with him on stuff in the past, and vice versa. Hence it is possible to concede points to someone who you're not a fan of.

In the PWA we had a filter which put *** over profanity. Hence I began writing great promos with no cursing. Here, it's a bit more lax, so I'm gonna slip the occasional "fuck" or "shit" in there. Doesn't mean it'll be a constant.

Also: new rules and guidelines will be out soon. And then y'all can stop bickering about it.

Jesus Horatio Christ.

Rated R Superstar

Kay, be mad.. Keep bitchin' bro.. Seems like that's the only thing you're good at.

Nah, I'm also good at dishing out amazing roleplays, that don't require foul language. I'm also good at basketball and cooking and video games!

Aside from that, I have seen no bitching, only logical statements. You just take them out of context.

PY.

You're good at ball to? Cool.

Anyway, I'm done with this little debate. I ain't tryna make no enemies over the web so, yeah.. I'm done.