2015 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Jacksonville seems likely to make newly drafted RB TJ Yeldon the feature back of the team.. Idk what the deal is with Denard Robinson but I actually thought he played pretty satisfactory for a sub-par Jacksonville team.
lol come on breh. Robinson could never stay healthy in college as a QB, he has no chance as a feature NFL RB. 6' 190 in the NFL isn't realistic size for anything other than a change of pace back, which he will be, and rumor is he will return kicks.

Unless you are the Raiders, you are going to have SOMEONE standing out on a shit team. That was D rob last year. He really isn't anything special. He had a few nice runs, but he had a lot more carries that resulted in nothing. Yeldon is a legit NFL Rb

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Yeldon should be okay, I'm more interested in his running mate Derrick Henry from Bama, he seems like a prime candidate for true NFL RB.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
The blows keep coming for the Niners. Justin Smith retires.

with this many blows can we officially name them the 69ers yet?

Pats sign Brandon Spikes... Bills rumored to want to release EJ Manuel if he doesn't show "serious progress"... Jay Gruden hates fantasy still and may have an RBBC with Matt Jones stealing carries from Alf

Reactions: Vice

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Ryan Tannehill and the Dolphins agree to an extension through 2020.
Someone explain throwing 100 million, 45 guaranteed, at this guy, especially right now?

He's played 3 (mediocre) seasons and is 26 years old. He could have been under contract for 2 more seasons, the last year of his deal and his 5th year option. They could have let him play the contract out and examined the situation when he was 28. Instead they are now committed for at least 3 seasons on more money than they would have been committed over the next two. I guess I just don't see the rush to extend this guy when he hasn't shown much in the way of being a great QB.

The Dolphins Cap pie chart reads: Suh: 30% Tannehill 25% Other 45%

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Someone explain throwing 100 million, 45 guaranteed, at this guy, especially right now?

He's played 3 (mediocre) seasons and is 26 years old. He could have been under contract for 2 more seasons, the last year of his deal and his 5th year option. They could have let him play the contract out and examined the situation when he was 28. Instead they are now committed for at least 3 seasons on more money than they would have been committed over the next two. I guess I just don't see the rush to extend this guy when he hasn't shown much in the way of being a great QB.

3 straight seasons of improvement despite being the most sacked QB in the league. They now have a somewhat decent OL protecting him and a killer defense to keep the other team from getting the comeback victories easily, which is the only reason we didn't make the playoffs the past 2 years.

He's the best QB we've had since Marino.

IMHO he deserves this and I am happy to see him sticking around, it only means brighter days are ahead for the Dolphins.

[HASHTAG]#Phinsup[/HASHTAG]

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score

To add to what I said above..

This article fully explains the deal and how the Dolphins are not tied down to Tannehill should he not perform up to expectations.

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/write...w-risk-high-reward-for-dolphins--and-their-qb

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
You do realize that "being the most sacked QB in the league" is also on him, not just the line, right? I wouldn't exactly go around using that stat as a way to try and tout the guy.

Best of luck with that then. I wouldn't expect you to express anything but optimism on the situation.

As for the article, duh. That is how NFL contracts work. That's why I always laugh at people who just look at X years for Y dollars and judge contracts based on that. This isn't the NBA, contracts aren't guaranteed. I still think they jumped the gun extending a mediocre QB.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
You do realize that "being the most sacked QB in the league" is also on him, not just the line, right? I wouldn't exactly go around using that stat as a way to try and tout the guy.

Best of luck with that then. I wouldn't expect you to express anything but optimism on the situation.

As for the article, duh. That is how NFL contracts work. That's why I always laugh at people who just look at X years for Y dollars and judge contracts based on that. This isn't the NBA, contracts aren't guaranteed. I still think they jumped the gun extending a mediocre QB.

I could have just brought out a chart comparing his stats to Brady's this past year. I understand that some of the sacks were Tannehill's fault, probably about 10 of them, but looking at the comparison if the OL can prevent 10-15 of the sacks then he has better stats than Brady.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/headtohead...rThree=&playerFour=y&playerThree=&playerFour=

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
What did Miami do that has you convinced their OL is going to be better?

also not sure what the Brady stat comparison is meant to try and say lol. Cool I guess? Brady looked like shit and people were saying he was done around week 5-6 before Gronk got healthy.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
What did Miami do that has you convinced their OL is going to be better?

also not sure what the Brady stat comparison is meant to try and say lol. Cool I guess? Brady looked like shit and people were saying he was done around week 5-6 before Gronk got healthy.

Unfortunately there were no notable changes, but it is a decent OL that has been hampered by injuries for a while now. If everyone can stay healthy then I can see them improving. Of course that's just pure optimism on my part, but a requirement for being a Dolphins fan is to be an optimist lol

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Sounds good man. I'll continue playing the devil's advocate to your Dolphins optimism :adr:

Reactions: Just Kevin

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
quick sidenote: Ravens talking about limiting Steve Smith Sr's snaps this season (say that 3 times fast)

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
quick sidenote: Ravens talking about limiting Steve Smith Sr's snaps this season (say that 3 times fast)
I want to have a problem with this, but Smitty is getting up there in age. It seemed like he wore down towards the end of the season last year, so I can see why Harbs would want to keep him fresh, while getting the young bucks on our WR depth chart some experience.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Can anyone spot the inaccuracy in this tweet?