2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
apparently the FA market is dog shit for guys like Moreno, Tate, DMC, ect.

I think the Raiders will probably bring Jennings back as the starter for 14

Also hearing Tampa will be a major player in the Michael Johnson sweepstakes
So, Johnson will be an option for Philly, Tampa, Chicago, and Minnesota. This should be good.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
So, Johnson will be an option for Philly, Tampa, Chicago, and Minnesota. This should be good.
Johnson is apparently on 17-20 teams watch lists at the moment according to the Cinci radio this morning.
Also some discussion coming out of Philly is saying Eagles are going to remove Johnson off their watchlist they don't want to spend the time competing with that many teams for a player that they don't even know if he can convert to 3-4.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10576569/running-back-rashard-mendenhall-retire-nfl
Good.. Shut the Doors Fumblehall!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10575358/green-bay-packers-re-sign-cornerback-sam-shields
Looks like Shields is going to already/re-signed, seems like a lot of money to me, but I reckon they used a lot in the signing bonus just to keep the cap down.
BJ Raji and the Packers are also enterring into the final steps of negotiations that is looking like he will resign with the team.

Apparently TJ Ward is about to get offered a fatty contract from someone because the Eagles are looking elsewhere yet again; we've now turned our attention to former Raider & Panther safety Mike Mitchell.

Newer Reports indicate Mike Neal linebacker out of Greenbay is a top target for the Eagles, he converted to OLB last season and made a strong case in their 3-4 D to fit into our system.

Reactions: Snowman1

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
Johnson is apparently on 17-20 teams watch lists at the moment according to the Cinci radio this morning.
Also some discussion coming out of Philly is saying Eagles are going to remove Johnson off their watchlist they don't want to spend the time competing with that many teams for a player that they don't even know if he can convert to 3-4.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10576569/running-back-rashard-mendenhall-retire-nfl
Good.. Shut the Doors Fumblehall!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10575358/green-bay-packers-re-sign-cornerback-sam-shields
Looks like Shields is going to already/re-signed, seems like a lot of money to me, but I reckon they used a lot in the signing bonus just to keep the cap down.
BJ Raji and the Packers are also enterring into the final steps of negotiations that is looking like he will resign with the team.

Apparently TJ Ward is about to get offered a fatty contract from someone because the Eagles are looking elsewhere yet again; we've now turned our attention to former Raider & Panther safety Mike Mitchell.

Newer Reports indicate Mike Neal linebacker out of Greenbay is a top target for the Eagles, he converted to OLB last season and made a strong case in their 3-4 D to fit into our system.
I love having a fellow diehard Eagles fan.

Reactions: ShaRpY HaRdY

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I love having a fellow diehard Eagles fan.
Hehee :)

As expected from earlier today, Michael Johnson will not be an Eagle, he has entered negotiations with allegedly 4-5 different teams willing to pay him top dollar of his asking price, @Dolph'sZiggler your Raiders are said to be one of them from what I can understand out of this really fast speaking mother fucker from Cinci radio.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
as expected. sign Johnson, re-sign Houston, draft Clowney or Donald and the D line can go from a weakness to a strength

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
as expected. sign Johnson, re-sign Houston, draft Clowney or Donald and the D line can go from a weakness to a strength
What are you hearing about the Houston thing atm?
They were talking about it earlier and said he's starting to get really frustrated with them on how they're handling his negotiations.. they are like refusing to give him a proper raise or something. I couldn't catch the full story really other than the fact he is getting frustrated with their process.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
things definitely don't seem to be going well. He will test the market and see what his value is. I still think its 50/50 he will be back.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Out of Philly Sports radio:
Two teams said to be the top dogs in the hunt for Champ Bailey; Philadelphia Eagles & Atlanta Falcons.
Eagles are one of the teams that would like him to switch over to the Safety position if signed.

imo I like the signing if it happens, I know it's really just a name and Champ is older now but I think moving to the Safety spot could be good for two years in the way we run our defense and more importantly is no doubt an upgrade from Chung/Allen & Coleman the men we currently had at that spot. Not to mention the veteran experience is always good to have when you're trying to raise young premier DBs like Brandon Boykin & Earl Wolff and potentially Clinton-Dix/Pryor or Dennard with our first pick in this draft.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
things definitely don't seem to be going well. He will test the market and see what his value is. I still think its 50/50 he will be back.

Eagles had him on their watchlist before but as of a few hours ago it looks like;
The Philadelphia Eagles have officially contacted free-agent DE Lamarr Houston (Raiders) to express their interest in him.

imo I think he's going back to OAK too, idk I see the Titans as another team to make a nice offer to him.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
It was anticipated but they finally did it;
In a long-anticipated move, the New York Jets released cornerback Antonio Cromartie on Sunday.

Cromartie broke the news on Twitter, thanking the Jets organization and the fan base. A $5 million roster bonus was due later in the week, forcing the Jets' hand.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/10578545/antonio-cromartie-released-new-york-jets

He's bound to find a job quick, I wonder if Oakland still has as much interest in him as they did a few years back when they were supposedly going head to head with the Jets on offers.

Jared Allen and the Vikings are parting ways as he prepares to enter free agency.

Last edited:

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Read a rumor the Raiders value Roger Saffold over VEldheer smh. Gonna sign Saffold to an 8 mill per year deal and Arizona may pick up big V for 7.5 per

close the door Reggie

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Redskins at this moment look like the top suitors for Talib.

Buccs look to bring in stiff competition to push Glennon in the offseason, names mentioned include both; Josh McCown & Shaun Hill.. Lovie Smith didn't rule out a QB in the draft to give him competition either.

Hakeem Nicks makes statement about how he would love to catch passes from Andrew Luck in Indy. He goes on to mention that he would enjoy catching from Cam Newton and Phillip Rivers as well

Ben Tate speaks a big game, he wants someone to take a chance on him this season to prove his worth.
"I think I can bring you an elite running back," Tate said. "I've learned a lot being behind Arian. Definitely, when I'm healthy I think I'm an elite running back in this league, and I feel like I can show my abilities and my numbers and my play will speak for itself, and guys will be able to see that I am a guy who is a top-five running back in this league, which I believe once I get out there and get to show that on a consistent basis."

a few tidbits of recent info in regards to free agency b4 i go to sleep,
night all!

Last edited:
Reactions: Snowman1

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
^Good stuff.

I'm still imagining Oakland signing Freeman over Schaub, then taking someone like Boyd in the middle rounds of the draft (unless someone falls). Schaub just seems like a horrible fit for the speedy personnel over with the Raiders. Him going to the Jets seems pretty likely but who knows what you're getting with Schaub? Will he help teach Geno, or will his lack of confidence be poisonous? Also Oakland is friggin' ridiculous to pay Saffold over Veldheer, that HAS to be a smokescreen.

Redskins picking up Talib would make me lol like crazy. We all can see Aqib phoning it in a mile away.

Nicks to his home state of Carolina where he's beloved, can be a big help, and get a fairly small contract seems like a really good fit for both sides. The suddenly Blue front office in Indianapolis will probably be the squad to overpay the hell out of Decker, while San Diego picking up Nicks just doesn't sound right, somehow.

Some reports say the Vikings are pretty screwed, because Tampa won't pass on one of the three QB's if one is available at 7. New regime isn't sold on Glennon. Rightfully so.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Nicks is going to be playing for pennies if he wants to to Carolina or SD. Neither team has cap space.

Status
Not open for further replies.