2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Just saw the Baltimore Sun broke the Veldheer/Saffold news over in Oakland. Color me skeptical lol
I also literally just saw that, like 5 seconds before you made this post. So yea, I feel better seeing that. Fuck me if we pay Saffold MORE than Veldheer gets to play elsewhere.

Reactions: Snowman1

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Rams & Dolphins both discussing the signing of Jairus Byrd; Byrd is seeking a contract trying to earn $9M a year.
(Good God I wonder what Earl Thomas is going to want when he's up for free agency).
StL is still the favorite to lock him up.

Alterraun Verner is a hot name right now.. the current list of top suitors are; Lions, Steelers, Giants, Vikings, Rams & NYJ.
The favorite is looking to be the Giants with the Lions behind them however nothing has been solidified.

Lovie Smith and the Buccaneers are looking like the #1 Suitor for DE Michael Johnson.
^ Expect him to sign with TB.

Mum is still the word on Ted Ginn Jr. ; The Eagles are still the only ones who have vocalized their interest publicly but I'm sure he has a few suitors. I would love him in Philly, we don't need him as a WR we would use him as a KR/PR mostly due to our porous Special Teams play on both sides of it last year.

Reports have been quiet on Knowshon Moreno as well, I've been trying to get updates on him but still not much.
Nicks is going to be playing for pennies if he wants to to Carolina or SD. Neither team has cap space.
True, couldn't they could always put it in as a signing bonus though and just enter his contract as a small amt but have his signing bonus be like 2.5 mil? Dallas did that shit with Romo in order to put themselves back under... Atleast for SD that would work.. Carolina yeah pretty much playing for pennies either way.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Sorry I can't stop this boys, I'm just thirsty that's all!

The Eagles are expected to make a play on either Mike Mitchell or Antoine Bethea at the Safety position.
Eagles are not in talks with T.J Ward.
Broncos & Jets are now expected to be players in the T.J. Ward hunt.
Philadelphia & Pittsburgh have expressed their interest in Miami Dolphins CB Nolan Carroll.
NYJ seriously interested in Lamarr Houston
Looks like Miami Dolphins are still interested in Tackle Branden Albert (Chiefs). They nearly traded for him last year and all signs are pointing to him signing with Miami at the moment.

Reactions: Snowman1

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Cleveland Browns are in a great position with their cap space, it is believed that Ben Tate will be signing there.. There have also been a few whispers about Moreno as well recently, nothing concrete however.

Eagles have expressed interest in Corey Graham CB from Baltimore & Ex-Bear. Chip Kelly coached at New Hampshire when he went there and he believes Graham can play inside & outside at CB and is also a great special teams player.

Redskins are interested in Corey Graham as well but also have sights set on Captain Munnerlyn and Jairus Byrd.

Special Teams was one of our weakest points last season.

Last edited:

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Corey Graham to the Eagles would scare me as a Philly fan. Is he the next Cary Williams?

As you say, good special-teamer though

Snowman1

Reaction score
1 year, 3.5 mil for Delmas. :obama: Not a bad signing for the Fins, love giving players like that these prove-it deals. Hall of Fame talent with Pop Warner durability

Seattle resigns Michael Bennett, 4 years, 28 mil.
Vikings resign Everson Griffin, 5 years, 42 mil.

One of these teams just won the Super Bowl and the other is picking in the top 5. Guess who! :yay:

Snowman1

Reaction score
stumbled upon walterfootball which is an FA rumor gold mine, just gonna copy and paste a bunch of shit in the spoiler down here
l
l
l
V
"Bears are now targeting Raiders star defensive end Lamarr Houston after missing out on Michael Bennett. They are pushing hard." - Ian Rapoport

Darren Sproles has no interest in playing for the Raiders or Chiefs, per a Chiefs source.

"Chiefs indeed have interest in former Philly WR Jason Avant." - Terez Paylor, Kansas City Star

"Word amongst insiders is the New York Jets are going hard after cornerback Vontae Davis." - Tony Pauline

"Chargers in the nose tackle market. They're expected to have interest in Earl Mitchell." - Michael Gehlken, UT-San Diego

"Source close to the situation would be "shocked" if Jared Allen doesn't end up with the Denver Broncos." - Chris Tomasson, St. Paul Pioneer Press

-Raiders remain a major player for RB Rashad Jennings." - Scott Bair, CSN Bay Area

"Baltimore's Corey Graham is one of the players to come across their radar. The Giants have expressed interest in Graham." - Jordan Raanan, NJ.com

"Bears calling around the league, seeing if they can find a trade partner for DE Julius Peppers, per sources. Trade unlikely..." - Adam Schefter

"The #Panthers are attempting to trade WR Steve Smith, per source." - Ian Rapoport

"49ers among teams showing interest in Dolphins CB Nolan Carroll." - Bill Williamson, ESPN

"Redskins eye wide receivers Kenny Britt and Andrew Hawkins." - Mike Jones, Washington Post

"Am told that if/when Steelers cut LaMarr Woodley that Titans are a possible suitor." - Terry McCormick, TitanInsider.com

"Giants are close on a deal to re-sign and bring back CB Trumaine McBride, per source." - Art Stapleton, The Record (NJ)

"The Bears are close to a deal with LB D.J. Williams according to Jeff Dickerson, ESPN Chicago.

"Jets interested in Panthers free agent CB Captain Munnerlyn, per source." - Brian Costello, New York Post

"Rams showing interest in KC offensive guard Geoff Schwartz." - Jim Thomas

"The Giants, as expected, expressed interest in Packers C Evan Dietrich-Smith. A team source describes the interest as 'serious'." - Ralph Vacchiano, NY Daily News

On Arthur Jones and the Colts, the obvious connection is coach Chuck Pagano, formerly of the #Ravens. He’s a big fan.

-Alterraun Verner is "definitely a possibility" for New England according to Mad Dog Sports Radio.

"Told the Vikings have inquired about FA defensive lineman Lamarr Houston, who has position flexibility. But look for him to land elsewhere." - Darren Wolfson, ESPN 1500

Snowman1

Reaction score

Have never understood announcing "We're gonna try to trade this guy, if not we're gonna cut him". Wouldn't that wipe away his trade value?

"Hey, I'm either going to charge you a dollar for my sandwich, or I'll just leave it on this table for you to get anyway"

Status
Not open for further replies.