2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Have never understood announcing "We're gonna try to trade this guy, if not we're gonna cut him". Wouldn't that wipe away his trade value?

"Hey, I'm either going to charge you a dollar for my sandwich, or I'll just leave it on this table for you to get anyway"
I agree, I think it makes terrible sense to play that kind of card on a player like Darrelle Revis who was hurt before he came and had a very mediocre season :)

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I agree, I think it makes terrible sense to play that kind of card on a player like Darrelle Revis who was hurt before he came and had a very mediocre season :)

They traded a top-15 pick (which turned into studmuffin Sheldon Richardson) for an injured corner that they're going to cut after one season. Amazing. Trent Richardson thinks they got ripped off.

Suppose it's the Lovie hire that made all the difference. Don't know much about defensive schemes, but doesn't Lovie's system place very little value on CB's?

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Some talks about WR James Jones to fill the void as NYG WR3 left by Reuben Randle when he gets promoted to WR2 opposite Cruz.
Buffalo Bills interested in Mike Vick to help push Manuel become the QB they wanted.
Golden Tate drawing strong interest from NYJ, with Santonio Holmes release today a lot of speculation on Tate to the Jets.
Carolina GM Dave Gettleman came from the Giants organization. While Nicks has slumped mightily over the past two seasons -- logging a grand total of three touchdowns, all of which came in 2012 -- Gettleman has seen him dominate with physical play and clutch catches. The UNC product -- and Charlotte native -- could return home to get his good name back.
^ Some info on the Nicks possibility in Carolina.
All signs are pointing to former Colts S Antoine Bethea signing with Philadelphia, should be one of the earlier signings if true.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
so the Raiders are going to pay Saffold more than Veldheer gets paid to play elsewhere, we will lose Houston, and the only rumors I've heard of us signing a player are fucking Matt Schaub, Josh Freeman or Mike Vick.

fuck my life

Snowman1

Reaction score
*cue the Wyatts intro... BLERP. We're here.

How would signing Mike Vick be "pushing" EJ Manuel lol

TheArabHammer

Don't call it a comeback
Reaction score
I feel like Reggie wants us to lose. If I'm running a team and I have two young front line guys in their prime. One of which is considered the best in their position and the other hasn't his his ceiling yet. I start there not signing a different O lineman or going after a Qb who is gonna torture the fan base with all his pick sixes he's gonna throw.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Dear Indianapolis: Thanks for resigning Vinateri.

Sincerely: everyone in the WWEF Fantasy League besides Gohan

Snowman1

Reaction score
still like 5 hours away :why:

A few more irrelevant moves happened, like a LG for the Chargers and a Giants backup corner... Jags released Forsett... come on, where's some stuff to chew on?

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
still like 5 hours away :why:

A few more irrelevant moves happened, like a LG for the Chargers and a Giants backup corner... Jags released Forsett... come on, where's some stuff to chew on?
Andre Roberts to Washington.

Arthur Jones likely to Indy.

Eugene Monroe back to Balty starting to materialize

Browns, Iggles, NE in play for Revis

Reactions: Snowman1

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Browns/Schaub rumors heating up. Thank god, might prevent me from killing myself. I seriously can't handle fuck boy Schaub under center for my team. seriously.

Reactions: TheArabHammer
Status
Not open for further replies.