2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I wonder where McCarron is going to be picked, I know if he drops down to the Eagles 3rd and especially 4th round pick we'll roll the dice on him as a cheap rookie contract back-up.
I didn't mind his 40 at the combine really because there have been some elite to have run around the same time, but man I watched his throwing at the combine and it looked pretty solid, he has a decent arm and some accuracy, I noticed during some of his college games he has some risky throwing tendencies but I think it'd be an upgrade from Barkley imo.

You know who else looked good at the combine and may have an interesting NFL career is that FSU WR Kelvin Benjamin, man watching McCarron throw to him at the Combine and then checking out his highlights.. that is one BIGGG BADD DUDEEE! Would love to have someone like that as a red zone weapon!

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
b4f1e2bdd47d5e8104afdf9ddd9c068a.jpg

Buccs new unis. What you guys think? look a bit ugly to me.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
looks like something a 5th grader would have made on Madden 2008 create a team. two thumbs down.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
The Eagles have signed Cedric Thorton to a one year deal.

.. Not sure why it wasn't a multi-year deal.. one of our best 3-4 DEs.. in fact he was one of our best defenders against the run. I'm glad we resigned him and all but I would've tried to lock him up for 3 years.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I wonder where McCarron is going to be picked, I know if he drops down to the Eagles 3rd and especially 4th round pick we'll roll the dice on him as a cheap rookie contract back-up.
I didn't mind his 40 at the combine really because there have been some elite to have run around the same time, but man I watched his throwing at the combine and it looked pretty solid, he has a decent arm and some accuracy, I noticed during some of his college games he has some risky throwing tendencies but I think it'd be an upgrade from Barkley imo.

You know who else looked good at the combine and may have an interesting NFL career is that FSU WR Kelvin Benjamin, man watching McCarron throw to him at the Combine and then checking out his highlights.. that is one BIGGG BADD DUDEEE! Would love to have someone like that as a red zone weapon!

As you say, McCarron is the prototypical backup QB. He's smart, he has a pretty good arm and should be very reliable at the NFL level. Really accurate and goes through his reads well... And I'm unsure on Benjamin. From what I've heard he's definitely a project, he's got the size/speed but his hands and ability to separate are pretty unreliable. Lots of bust potential but I'd take a chance on him.

Dolph's... Teddy Bridgewater sucks. He's not the elite athlete he was supposed to be, doesn't have wonderful arm strength, came from a gimmick offense... makes too many questionable plays... Am I damaging his draft stock enough to get him down to #5 for ya? :eek:tunga:

Still wonder where Tre' Mason will be drafted. Really really really want that dude.

Quan resigns with SF, 2 years 12 mil

Varus

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
the wait for free agency is real

Reactions: Vice
Status
Not open for further replies.