2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I'm never against players getting paid like they deserved. Because if the shoe were on the other foot and he had under-performed for what he was being paid they wouldn't hesitate to cut his ass, so if he outperforms his deal he can angle for more money if he wants.

I always side with players though. Wonder what sort of trade value he has coming off the career year
I doubt we'll trade him unless someone gives us like 2 1st rounders and a decent safety or wr in return in exchange. I think we'll pay him more money, I expect the following to be cut so we can cheaply replace them in the draft and free agency; Brandon Graham, Casey Matthews, James Casey, Alex Henery, Avant, Patrick Chung. We can give DeSean a little more money with the release of those players and we can sign TJ Ward and hardworking defender like him.

I wonder if the Dolphins are the ones spiking this interest, I can see them trying to trade like Mike Wallace even though they gave a lot for him and Dion Jordan for DeSean and a 2nd round pick round pick or something.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I love DeSean, but you might be overvaluing him. Trade markets are never that high for WRs.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Reactions: Vice

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
@BatistaBomber

If that happens, I will lose my mind, man. Just go ballistic with joy and happiness and stuff. :yay: Maybe make a video reaction to rub it in Danny's face celebrate this amazing day in history. COME ON OZZIE LETS DO THIS!
FUCK YEAH! This is exactly what we need. Then we can draft a replacement for Oher/gradkowski. Who knows? Our options would shoot into the friggin sky!

Reactions: Snowman1

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
That's not impossible, Dolph's. :mog:

957 The Game says Lamarr Houston will test free agency.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I'm a lot more worried about keeping Veldheer. I think Houston is good, but wouldn't really want to pay him elite money. Veldheer is pretty much elite and we might get him slightly cheaper than top 5 money since he is coming off injury. He is young and can become a top 3 LT IMO. Gotta lock him up at any cost.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
oh and for what its worth I've heard we might tag Houston. not sure if want.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I can see Manziel being like Dalton except just a tad better, someone who forces the ball to their #1 even in triple coverage, he did it a LOT with Evans at A&M.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I picture him like Atlanta Michael Vick. Look at first option, panic, run around like chicken w/ head cut off. Manziel doesn't come across to me as the type of dude who is going to bust his ass to prepare, and it will result in him not being comfortable making reads. In college from what I've seen and now read scouts say, he often breaks contain just for the sake of it. That shit won't fly in the NFL. He ignores his reads and just starts running around.

He will be like Vince Young, I think I've seen Snow make that NFL comparison. Good enough to win some games with his physical ability but will never be consistently producing because his style of play doesn't breed consistency. Plus the injury concerns (I'm on record as saying he will never come close to playing all 16 games) and I just say... ew. no thanks. :eww:

I want nothing to do with him at pick 5. I would probably be considering self-harm if we got him.

Status
Not open for further replies.