2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
a2fa28ecb3f04dc223e1250203a8d528.jpeg

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Hehe, they just spent a good amount of time restructuring a few contracts to save $7ish mil I would hope they use it wisely but who knows Panthers haven't necessarily been the brightest team in the past so they may go against it, but that's just the plain wrong move.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Hehe, they just spent a good amount of time restructuring a few contracts to save $7ish mil I would hope they use it wisely but who knows Panthers haven't necessarily been the brightest team in the past so they may go against it, but that's just the plain wrong move.
Who knows. They are paying Charles Johnson top 5 DE money already, and they DO have needs on offense, as well as having to sign some FAs in the secondary. If they wanted they can tag him and then trade him to Oakland, I'd give up some picks for him.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Looking here at Over the Cap, they estimate Carolina to have 18 mil in cap room and 21 free agents. What.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
From my experience teams rarely pay two dudes who do the same thing huge money. 6 years 72 mill for Johnson, if they turn around and pay Kraken similarly, sure, dank pass rush, but they are left hurting for playmakers on offense and they would have to skimp on CBs and they need to re-sign Mike Mitchell at safety who had a breakout year when they signed him to a 1 year deal. Still pissed dipshit McKenzie paid Tyvon Branch gobs of money while letting him walk when we could have had Mitchell hella cheap before last year.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Yeah no doubt, it's hard to look at that guy and check his speed out and pass on him.
Personally right now I got Buffalo taking Ebron and Dennard to the Lions, I haven't submitted it yet because we have up until like April 25th to update it but that's what I have on my predictions at the moment.

Where are you doing this predictions thingy? Need to job to forum members in yet another thing.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Where are you doing this predictions thingy? Need to job to forum members in yet another thing.
I write em down on a notebook every year so far for the last 3 years for the 1st and 2nd round's only and then one I submit to my workplace we have like a pool there that covers both 1st and 2nd round.. and then the other I submit into ESPN.com when they do their contest I think you can win like a shirt or something stupid if you come in the top 100 or top 500 I forget what the # is and then I think the #1 spot gets a grand prize of something like cash or a trip to the studios.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Looks like we're about to re-sign Donnie Jones too, he's a key piece to our special teams puzzle with his massive inside the 20 percentage and yards per punt being a franchise best.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
The hold up with Maclin being resigned is because Maclin wants a one year "prove it" deal and the Eagles want to sign him to a multi-year deal.

Looks like the pre-freeagency stories had it backwards, MACLIN wants the one year deal and the Eagles want more.. that's crazy!!

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Looks like the pre-freeagency stories had it backwards, MACLIN wants the one year deal and the Eagles want more.. that's crazy!!
makes sense to me. His value is at an all time low and rather than get locked into a multi-year deal below what he feels he is worth, so he gets a second chance at a contract year.

Smart move for him, I'm sure the Eagles would rather lock him up on the cheap. This is me speaking as if his knee will be 100% healed, but in this day and age ACL surgeries are pretty routine and most guys recover

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
It should be 100% by the time the season rolls around, idk we'll give him what he wants but he's going to get a contract extension before the season is halfway over I'm assuming :)

Snowman1

Reaction score
BatistaBomber (can we just call you some random other name?)..

Hey, Mike, you called it again. Jameel McClain and Vonta Leach cut. Sad to see McClain go after all he's been through but it's not like his journey is over or anything. Leach stuns me especially with Kubiak there, but we can trust them on this one. No word on Koch.

It seems like a certain tight end whose name I can't say might be agreeing to terms soon, as well as Smith and Monroe. WOO! :yes:

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Jeremy Maclin and the Eagles are currently far apart in negotiations. Newest report is that he wants to be franchised tagged if he gets a single year contract, the franchise tag would mean a cap hit for the team around 15 million dollars.

Status
Not open for further replies.