2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Another Eagles' OL resigned? Wow. After everything that's been said about your line being such shit, how does it randomly seem so solid now?
Eagles have a top 5 OL in the league. Peters missed 2012/13 which was the main reason they were so bad. Lane Johnson looks like a mainstay at RT.

Reactions: Snowman1

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
With Peters far left, Mathis in the center being able to pull both ways and Johnson on the far right this line is solid, we just gotta keep filling in the guard spots with cheap but quality fill-ins like Mathis & Herremans type players. Looks like we aren't really planning to bring in anyone and we're going with the same team and just gonna get some new defensive toys in the draft.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
With Peters far left, Mathis in the center being able to pull both ways and Johnson on the far right this line is solid, we just gotta keep filling in the guard spots with cheap but quality fill-ins like Mathis & Herremans type players. Looks like we aren't really planning to bring in anyone and we're going with the same team and just gonna get some new defensive toys in the draft.
Not like the offense needs anything. Maybe a better backup than that shithead Barkley

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Looks like Jax - Manziel, Cle - Bortles, Oak - Teddy B... at this moment
Not like the offense needs anything. Maybe a better backup than that shithead Barkley
I would like to replace him immediately, people say he has a good arm which in the case of strength is partially true but his accuracy is just baaaaddd! I would love to bring in someone cheap to replace him.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Dude stop teasing me with the Bridgewater to Oakland shit

I've said since before last season I would nut a bucket if we got him.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
A report out of Cleveland said the new GM's favorite prospect is Carr for all the reasons you stated before Dolph's, so if they have Carr/Gordon/Watkins... DAMN. Probably a smokescreen. Also saw that Bortles is now the consensus #1 QB among almost every drafter out there.

There's a lot of hope. Fingers crossed that Oakland trades up to #2, and holy fuck this is at 50 pages now

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Only reason I would want to trade up to #2 would be if Clowney somehow isn't taken 1st overall. Otherwise I'd just wait and see who falls to 5, be it Teddy or Watkins.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Sharpy, Racist Riley signed for 5 years 25 mil
Probably not much guaranteed and if he isn't performing 2 years from now they can part ways rather cheaply.

Very smart move by the Philly FO.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Clowney to Houston, Robinson to StL, Jacksonville just knows they and their fans want Manziel over Bortles/Bridge, and then the whole Cleveland staff has been DROOLING over Bortles through this combine so I can only assume they're going over him with Teddy B not throwing for the combine. I think what they will have a couple of pro days where they will really throw (Manziel & Bridgewater that is) and maybe that will change the game but really at the current point looks like Bridgewater and Watkins may both be available at the #5 spot.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Sharpy, Racist Riley signed for 5 years 25 mil
yeah I posted it up top a bit :) Kelce is supposed to sign his extension for like another 6 years $37 million dollars over the next 7 years, not too shabby for someone who is coming out to be an elite Center.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
So many moving parts nothing is concrete in the draft nearly two months out. I'm just ready to see who falls to us and what McKenzie does. If he botches this pick I'm stabbing him with an icepick.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
True True, I like being at #22 narrows down our options a bit more.

I wonder how many people aside from us are looking at TJ Ward.. Personally I think we'll be the one to get him, we seem to have the most money to play around with out of teams desperately in need of a safety.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
A thousand posts in an NFL thread in February, this is why I love this site.

Still thinking Jacksonville should "try to salvage Blaine Gabbert" for one more year... aka fix the DL this year and get Jameis and rake in the dough next year. And Dolph's, at least you have some idea who you'll get! :why: Read some stuff about Ozzie wanting CJ Mosley. There's no way that can happen.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
A thousand posts in an NFL thread in February, this is why I love this site.

Still thinking Jacksonville should "try to salvage Blaine Gabbert" for one more year... aka fix the DL this year and get Jameis and rake in the dough next year. And Dolph's, at least you have some idea who you'll get! :why: Read some stuff about Ozzie wanting CJ Mosley. There's no way that can happen.

I see them taking that big ass WR Evans if he drops to them. Anyone who needs a WR in the first round should be keeping an eye on him, that dude is 6'5, 231 lbs and ran a 4.46 & 4.5 at the combine.

Reactions: Snowman1
Status
Not open for further replies.