2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Stupid deal for them IMO. 5 for 35. Now they are "far apart" on talks with Monroe last I heard.

Really torn on that. It's good to bring back the guy Flacco has a good report with, he clearly has plenty of potential, but he's done nothing to really deserve that kind of money. Apparently he's the 9th highest paid tight end which does sound about right.

Higher salary cap = higher salaries... I posted about it earlier but called him "Voldemort" as to not piss you off again lol

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
If they don't re-sign Monroe do you think it makes the Denise deal look worse, or were they always two separate and unrelated deals?

Snowman1

Reaction score
If Monroe doesn't get signed, it's human nature to look at the Denise deal and say "that's why" even though they're kinda separate (Pitta's just taking up the cap room left by cutting McClain and Leach). But yeah, Monroe should be the bigger priority. If he doesn't resign we're much more screwed than losing Pitta.

One thing that's probably hurting that is the Dolphins publicly saying they want him. Dude probably has dollar signs in his eyes hearing that.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
If you are a FA who is going to be in demand you sort of owe it to yourself to hit free agency and field offers. Doesn't mean you have to leave, but at least make sure you maximize your own value. Unless you are Denise Pitta and they throw 35 mill at you, then you can pretty much feel safe in betting your value has been beyond maximized/

Snowman1

Reaction score
957 The Game: The Raiders will pass on Teddy Bridgewater if he's available.
LA Times: The Raiders liked Carr better than Manziel coming out of the Combine.

I could read draft rumors all day, just throwing shit at the wall, haha. One other one I'm seeing is that Manziel might drop quite a bit. Houston prefers Bortles, he's not a good fit for Jacksonville's play-action heavy offense, Cleveland would rather get Carr with the pick they stole from Indy, and Oakland isn't really that interested...

Snowman1

Reaction score
Other random rumors:
Packers talking to Garrett Graham, Dolphins interested in Zane Beadles, D'Qwell Jackson, and Louis Delmas. Actually a lot of teams want Delmas, haha. Patriots want Hakeem Nicks, Giants really like Rashad Jennings if he doesn't resign, Oakland optimistic on a long-term deal with Veldheer, Eagles disappointed that Jason Worilds didn't land on the open market, and still aren't interested in Byrd or Ward.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Nicks in New England would be nasty. I'd draft him in every fantasy league.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Was just reading this pretty interesting review of the safeties in this draft, you Eagles fans might be interested in that... http://walterfootball.com/draft2014positionreviewS.php
Clinton-Dix or Pryor as long as we get one I'd be content.

Unless they go the route of Free Agency which it's looking like is a strong possibility we could see the addition of Brandon Browner & Jairus Byrd.. Our main target was Orakpo but with him gone we're looking at Byrd mainly but Browner is being discussed as well from what the Philly Sports Radio was saying.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10554577/davone-bess-released-cleveland-browns
Less than a year after they traded for him he is released. Looks like he had some off field issues the final two games of the season and also had only 42 catches and 9 drops (5 of which were considered to be "key")

I never knew Bess was a Rastafarian for real..

Davone-Bess.jpg
26549f5bfe3fc37d3988bddbde42bc89.png

Off of his Twitter :) Off of his Instagram

a36c2cfd93b1ad37904aa24b9dc03eee.png

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Cortland Finnegan apparently about to be released by StL, he tweeted out a thank you to all the fans and thanked them, which is leading to the massive speculation he will be released here very shortly.
Finnegan, 30, signed a five-year, $50 million contract with the team in 2012.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Both very good moves. Finnegan was benched last year while other CB's stepped up in St. Louis, and Davone Bess sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.