2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Both very good moves. Finnegan was benched last year while other CB's stepped up in St. Louis, and Davone Bess sucks.
I'd hate to have Finnegan in my locker room, I'm sure he's a high spirited guy and all but mostly all I've heard about him is his attitude problems too, as for Bess yea he does suck and they can don much better.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/blog/philadelphi...8/eagles-in-position-to-strike-in-free-agency
While this has been known I just like hearing new upadtes about it.. I just hope they don't waste the money on old used up names *cough* Nnamdi Asomugha *cough* again.

They say Byrd is our guy, an A+ Player and Roseman agrees apparently and has made it clear he will spend money on A+ players if need be so I'm thinking more and more by the day that he'll be in Midnight Green come 14-15 season.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
With the Eagles release of Jason Avant there is heavy speculation and talks circulating local KC Sports radio that the Chiefs and Andy Reid have a spot for him in their system.
The way Avant played in our system during his 7 yr career there is perfect for Alex Smith imo.

EDIT: As expected the Eagles will not be resigning Michael Vick, making him an official free agent on the 11th.

Last edited:

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I think Sproles could play an interesting role in the Eagles offense, but I doubt we'll do anything to get him.
So...I just saw that the Saints are looking to trade my favorite player...Lance Moore....:(
Sproles, Pierre Thomas and Moore are all apparently being shopped.

TheTNHMaster

George Bush doesn't care about black people.
Reaction score
I think Sproles could play an interesting role in the Eagles offense, but I doubt we'll do anything to get him.

Sproles, Pierre Thomas and Moore are all apparently being shopped.
Who the fuck will be our RB then? Lmao. Sproles, I could see. But Thomas and Moore, naw. (My fanboyism for Pierre and Moore are starting too show)

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Who the fuck will be our RB then? Lmao. Sproles, I could see. But Thomas and Moore, naw. (My fanboyism for Pierre and Moore are starting too show)
lol Marky Mark Ingram :) naw he sucks tho.
I think they're taking a liking to that Khiry Robinson kid, and also they could make a move for Moreno in free agency

TheTNHMaster

George Bush doesn't care about black people.
Reaction score
lol Marky Mark Ingram :) naw he sucks tho.
I think they're taking a liking to that Khiry Robinson kid, and also they could make a move for Moreno in free agency
Omg does Ingram suck.

I think they could easily get Moreno. I'm not very high on Khiry Robinson at the moment. They might get a decent RB in the trade.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
RB is the easiest position in the world to fill, especially on an offense like New Orleans.

TheArabHammer

Don't call it a comeback
Reaction score
Bridgewater or Clowney at 5....otherwise trade down and go for Tre Mason. The last auburn back in silver and black did pretty well. Or get Mike Evans if Mason is off the board. Good hands and size.....something we haven't had for a full season with the same coordinator for a while. Also FIRE DENNIS ALLEN! Tom Cable, players loved him and played their asses off for him and got a 3 win team to an 8-8 record he gets canned. Hue Jackson, yeah he made a stupid ass trade but stood at 8-8 and gets canned. So let's get the guy who had ONE good year as a defensive coordinator with Denver. Oh he's had two straight 4-12 seasons and what do we do? Let's bring him back AGAIN. Our GM must be betting in Vegas against us to do this poor of a job

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Ooooh, 2 new Matt Berry podcasts. Nothing better than talking fantasy football in March... except maybe in February, that was great lol

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
also hearing we may sign Thomas Decoud. Loved him at Cal, he was solid in ATL

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
also hearing we may sign Thomas Decoud. Loved him at Cal, he was solid in ATL
Thomas Decoud, Champ Baily, Michael Vick are three names I've heard the Raiders are involved in being one of the top suitors for today on the radio.

Michael Vick's Top Suitors: Jaguars, Vikings, Bills, Raiders..
Champ Bailey's Top Suitors: Redskins, Raiders.. and everyone else in need of a CB is pretty much looking at him with some interest as well but those are the top ones mentioned.
Thomas Decoud: Doesn't really have top suitors, Raiders & Eagles are the only names I've heard associated with him as serious suitors but that's bound to change.

In more recent reports the Eagles are straying further and further away from Jairus Byrd due to the fact he is looking at a contract that earns him over $9 million a year.
It looks as if we will add someone like DeCoud or TJ Ward in addition to adding a pass rusher.. Malcolm Jenkins & Antoine Bethea are also names on the Eagles priority list for the Safety position.

Reactions: Snowman1
Status
Not open for further replies.