2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
If Houston can get their QB issue down the Titans are going to have to compete with them and then manage to get past the Colts (whom I see winning that division for a few years to come). But I can see them popping in the wild card maybe here in like 2 years IF they work out the RB issues and get their solidify their O-Line a bit more.

They also need someone fresh on the outside running deep.. cuz Kendall & Delanie have the flat and slot on lock.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Justin Hunter looked pretty good as a rookie when given the chance. Probably time to part ways with Nate Washington though, and I seriously doubt Chris Johnson is around next year, he will be cut. I'm more interested to see if they really part ways with Locker. I don't think he is the greatest QB in the world, but he definitely did enough last year when healthy to warrant bringing him back in 2014 to start.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I'm more interested to see if they really part ways with Locker. I don't think he is the greatest QB in the world, but he definitely did enough last year when healthy to warrant bringing him back in 2014 to start.

I really don't think they should cut him, when he wasn't hurt he was pretty solid, he's a dual threat QB too I'm sure he could find more success throwing if they had a bonafide receiver on the outside, if they keep it the way they have now they might as well switch to a basic west coast offense with how often they were throwing to Walker & Wright in the flat & slot and dumping it.. Fitzy ended up being a good back-up too, a little expensive but nice to have around for some depth.

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
So who do you guys have for the conference round?
Patriots
Seahawks

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
This is a lot like the 2011 Draft, when the Panthers were yelling "OMG OMG OMG DA'QUAN BOWERS OMG OMG OMG NICK FAIRLEY OMG OMG OMG" around this time before taking Cam.

I'm expecting 5 first-round QB's this year. Somebody's going to "reach" for Boyd.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
This is a lot like the 2011 Draft, when the Panthers were yelling "OMG OMG OMG DA'QUAN BOWERS OMG OMG OMG NICK FAIRLEY OMG OMG OMG" around this time before taking Cam.

I'm expecting 5 first-round QB's this year. Somebody's going to "reach" for Boyd.
IMO with the way the game is played these days I think Boyd is going to end his career as the 3rd Best QB from this draft. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he went 1st round.

On a side note:
Nothing can be worse than the Vikings reach for Christian Ponder, they seriously had to be pondering that one for the last couple years haha.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
:isee:

I wouldn't either man. The NFL is a copycat league, and there's going to be one GM that says "Screw this too small noise, Drew Brees and Russell Wilson disproved that, lets take a chance on Boyd. He's a baller" Maybe it'll be Cincinnati?

Love watching the kid play, and he's a total pro off the field. Admittedly knowing nothing about Bortles I'd say he's the #2 quarterback this year (assuming Mamziel is the next Vince Young)

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Yeah I mean 6'1 isn't all bad, if you look at him closely he's definitely got the build to be a successful QB not too mention it seems he picked up the essentials from HS/College to be a dual threat QB and that is MAD important in this league. I think Cinci will definitely be taking a look at him if it comes down to that point, Dalton while being somewhat successful in the regular season his career so far has yet to win a playoff game (0-3) and it's time they start bringing in people to give him a run for his money and make sure he earns his job and stays consistent.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Hey Dolph's: For what it's worth, they're saying there's a chance...

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/mock-drafts/daniel-jeremiah/175601

e761a4c5a00ca68b9cfbb70ef5a0de8e.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.