2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Ravens offensive coordinator Jim Caldwell to the Lions. :lol1:

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Ravens offensive coordinator Jim Caldwell to the Lions. :lol1:
congrats

1d12ae00141a94cb8ad30affeae5564e.jpg

man, what a terrible franchise. hope Megatron gets out of there and doesn't just become the Barry Sanders of WRs

Reactions: Snowman1

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Holy hell, this Whisenhunt to Titans move was great. Listening to sports radio the local guys can't stop talking about it, heard more Titans coverage today than in the last 3 years combined.
You think?
His term in Arizona comes to mind instantly after hearing the signing..
He's a WAY better OC (eg: SD #31 ranked offense last season -> SD #5 ranked offense this season) and has always been successful as an OC.. I'm sorry but I just don't see things getting any better for Titan fans IMO.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
You think?
His term in Arizona comes to mind instantly after hearing the signing..
He's a WAY better OC (eg: SD #31 ranked offense last season -> SD #5 ranked offense this season) and has always been successful as an OC.. I'm sorry but I just don't see things getting any better for Titan fans IMO.
The term in Arizona where he took one of the worst franchises in NFL history to the super bowl and was a miracle Big Ben drive away from winning it? Yea, who would want a HC like that. He won 2 division titles when he had a real QB, and the problems with the team after that were far from his own fault. They were playing Derrick Anderson, Max hall, John Skelton, ect at QB and he still got 8 wins out of that crappy team in 2010.

Wiz can coach, straight up.

Snowman1

Reaction score
congrats

1d12ae00141a94cb8ad30affeae5564e.jpg

man, what a terrible franchise. hope Megatron gets out of there and doesn't just become the Barry Sanders of WRs

LOL, great find there!

IMO he deserves more credit for the playoff run than criticism for this year, this team just doesn't have the talent to do much offensively. But still, he did nothing in Indianapolis and is merely "fine' on offense, Detroit could have done SO much better.
And what fan is getting excited about Jim Fucking Caldwell and his one facial expression? Assumed all the talk about him was Rooney Rule.

I just hope he takes the offensive staff (and by that I mean Juan Castillo) with him.

Whisenhunt is the man! He's a great offensive mind who did wonders in Arizona, and with how much Jake Locker improved last year if you can expect another step up + him staying healthy things could get pretty exciting in Nashville. He had an incredible run in Arizona and there's no reason to believe he won't have even more success with an arguably more talented roster. Thing is, with them about to cut CJ1K you can't name anybody on their team, there's no star power.

Reactions: Dolph'sZiggler

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
The term in Arizona where he took one of the worst franchises in NFL history to the super bowl and was a miracle Big Ben drive away from winning it? Yea, who would want a HC like that. He won 2 division titles when he had a real QB, and the problems with the team after that were far from his own fault. They were playing Derrick Anderson, Max hall, John Skelton, ect at QB and he still got 8 wins out of that crappy team in 2010.

Wiz can coach, straight up.
If he was so great, he would have made the play offs at least once in the three years after his Superbowl appearance no?? His dumbass made some of the worst input decisions during those three drafts & seasons.

Not too mention that Eagles/Cardinals championship game was a fucking fluke filled with soo many blown calls by the refs..

Also the fact he really thought he could turn Kevin Kolb into a superstar pfft was bonkers.. get out of here he is an OC all day.

Snowman1

Reaction score
If he was so great, he would have made the play offs at least once in the three years after his Superbowl appearance no?? His dumbass made some of the worst input decisions during those three drafts & seasons.

Not too mention that Eagles/Cardinals game was a fucking fluke filled with soo many blown calls by the refs..

Didn't the GM have control over personnel down there?

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score

Not too mention that Eagles/Cardinals championship game was a fucking fluke filled with soo many blown calls by the refs..

Also the fact he really thought he could turn Kevin Kolb into a superstar pfft was bonkers.. get out of here he is an OC all day.

They won a playoff game the year after they went to the SB...

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Didn't the GM have control over personnel down there?
They listened to his input on
They won a playoff game the year after they went to the SB...
That's right another fluke game over the Packers what was that 90+ points total scored in that game?? Oh and what happened right after a 45-14 Crushing defeat by the true champion Saints of that season. Then they missed the playoffs all three years after that? why.. Oh because the division got strong actually, Seahawks and 9ers finally started doing something.. The only reason Whisenhunt made the playoffs is because the other teams were garbage at the time.
You won't convince me Whisenhunt can coach, I'm telling you this is a waste and he will be gone within two-three years.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
lol you won't convince me that Wiz can't coach, so I guess we can both just move on with our days then.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
yes... ROd Graves was the GM

Wiz wasn't making personnel decisions
Never said he fully made the decisions just said he made his inputs and they were really bad.. such as who he started.. and I know for a fact he was the one who wanted to work with Kolb.

Snowman1

Reaction score
yes... ROd Graves was the GM

Wiz wasn't making personnel decisions

Remember Rod Graves being canned made most 'Zona fans so happy that they were okay with Whiz leaving too. That whole mess was all on him... then again, it was probably for the best that they didn't address QB. Better to try to suck for a year to get a high pick than waste a mid-round pick on Christian Ponder or Brandon Weeden

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
The Titans franchise isn't in great shape as things stand, so it won't be an easy place to win for Wiz. From what I've gathered this new guy that has taken over since Bud Adams passed is a jackass who is letting his ego running the team. He is wanting to replace Locker, even though they were good with him under center last year. He tried to strong-arm Munch into firing all of his assistants in exchange for another year and Munch told him to stick it and got fired. I guess Bud's son in law at least hired Wiz, so maybe he isn't a complete dumbass, but he seems like he will be hard to work for. The GM they have there doesn't really blow me away either, pretty average.

Status
Not open for further replies.