2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
A team with enough payroll to give him #1 money. Jets, Raiders, Or Jags ( they have so much cap room in madden it's unreal)

You think he'll get guaranteed money? Surprised... I'm expecting a "prove it' deal from Belichick.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
You think he'll get guaranteed money? Surprised... I'm expecting a "prove it' deal from Belichick.
I don't know but it seems like there will be too many teams interested in him to be relegated to the "prove it" bellichick style. I don't think he's ochocinco yet lol.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
He has one major thing going for him, and that's that he will only be 26. I tihnk a 3/4 year deal with 6-7 mill per sounds about right.

gotta remember this dude was one of the biggest reasons the Giants got a 2nd ring with Eli.

also, looks like DA will officially be back, not a surprise http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10261554/dennis-allen-remains-oakland-raiders-coach

Snowman1

Reaction score
He has one major thing going for him, and that's that he will only be 26. I tihnk a 3/4 year deal with 6-7 mill per sounds about right.

gotta remember this dude was one of the biggest reasons the Giants got a 2nd ring with Eli.

also, looks like DA will officially be back, not a surprise http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10261554/dennis-allen-remains-oakland-raiders-coach

Think a long-term deal is too much risk for both sides. Nicks can't stay healthy and gave virtually no effort last year but when he's good, he's really good. Still think he gets a 1 yr 2 mil deal.

On second thought it probably won't be with the Patriots (poor place for a WR to prove himself). Think San Francisco could be a good fit if Quan leaves. If the dude can ball with Kaepernick he can get a bunch of money from a team like Danny menitoned.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
If I'm a GM and the market is that weak on Nicks I'm locking him up. Talent-wise he is a top 10/15 WR in the league, unstoppable at times even.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Juan Castillo, who many fans blame for the worst seasons for several O-Linemen and the running game as the new assistant OL coach/run game coordinator, has been promoted to full time O-Line coach. Yayyyyyy.

I'm sorry Varus but hot damn do I hope the Lions hire Caldwell now. He can take Castillo with him and get him out of our hands.
I assume all this Caldwell talk is just Rooney Rule though.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I hope Dennis Pita becomes available. We need a guy that can catch balls over the middle of the field. Brandon Myers was trash this year.

Varus

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I hope Dennis Pita becomes available. We need a guy that can catch balls over the middle of the field. Brandon Myers was trash this year.
I think you guys could use Brandon Pettigrew

Snowman1

Reaction score
Bomber, I really don't know. Sounds like Newsome's ready to let him walk, but we really don't know.
He's the one guy we can cut without killing our cap (as you know) but surely he'd like to stay here... right?

Kelvin Benjamin entering the draft. *drools*

It's odd, there isn't much news to report on today.

Reactions: Vice

Varus

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Bomber, I really don't know. Sounds like Newsome's ready to let him walk, but we really don't know.
He's the one guy we can cut without killing our cap (as you know) but surely he'd like to stay here... right?

Kelvin is a BEAST

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score

Seeing as how he's on the wrong side of 30, I'm not sure how much football he has left. There is, however, Jameel, Leach, and Koch. All 3 combined should save us a decent amount of cap space. But who knows what the brass is thinking. Also, I'd piss myself if we picked up Kelvin. He'd be one hell of a score.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Damn right, Bomber.

Coach Whisenhunt to the Titans, poor Varus. :downer: It's such a big move that it's actually getting local coverage!

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
good hire for TN

anyone heard anything on the browns job? heard candidates look at that job like its toxic

Status
Not open for further replies.