2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
At this point, I'm betting on Ross winning the #3 spot with Chykie or Franks getting the next spot down. And yeah, it sucks we had to cut Mellette. Turns out he was having lingering affects from his knee surgery about 8 months or so ago. Ross honestly seems like a guy who can handle the nickle role. He earned a starting position on multiple occasions, but he's no star corner.

Word on the street is that Marlon Brown struggled in mini camp, as did James Hurst, the RT out of North Carolina who was supposed to be a mid round pick until he broke his leg in his final game. Kid had a lot of buzz coming in, but had trouble with speed rushers. Elvis Dumervil had his ass most of the times they lined up. He's raw but he shows promise.

Sammy Seamster, another highly touted UFA has been relatively quiet, of all the UFA CB's vying for a roster spot, I've heard about Deji Olatoye the most. Kid's doing well, but he still has to fight for that roster spot in a crowded position.

A bit of good news though, Wagner has impressed coaches, teammates, and weirdly enough, even the media. Seems like he'll hold off the competition, but we'll have to see how he truly performs in training camp once the pads come on.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
At this point, I'm betting on Ross winning the #3 spot with Chykie or Franks getting the next spot down. And yeah, it sucks we had to cut Mellette. Turns out he was having lingering affects from his knee surgery about 8 months or so ago. Ross honestly seems like a guy who can handle the nickle role. He earned a starting position on multiple occasions, but he's no star corner.

Word on the street is that Marlon Brown struggled in mini camp, as did James Hurst, the RT out of North Carolina who was supposed to be a mid round pick until he broke his leg in his final game. Kid had a lot of buzz coming in, but had trouble with speed rushers. Elvis Dumervil had his ass most of the times they lined up. He's raw but he shows promise.

Sammy Seamster, another highly touted UFA has been relatively quiet, of all the UFA CB's vying for a roster spot, I've heard about Deji Olatoye the most. Kid's doing well, but he still has to fight for that roster spot in a crowded position.

A bit of good news though, Wagner has impressed coaches, teammates, and weirdly enough, even the media. Seems like he'll hold off the competition, but we'll have to see how he truly performs in training camp once the pads come on.

Very interesting. The only starters we should really be concerned about are Chykie and Wagner, right?

Anyway, asking you people if you know of a way to watch the CFL as they get ready to kick off, so we can watch some missed field goal double-punt TD garbage.

Chad Johnson caught 1 pass for 13 yards at a scrimmage! Get Hyped!

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Citing a source who's seen Knowshon Moreno's knee, the National Football Post's Jason Cole reports the issue is "bad."

The source told Cole that Moreno "probably will play" in 2014, but the "issue is how long." It sounds like a potentially degenerative condition, and something that could shorten Moreno's career. He turns 27 next month. Per NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, Moreno will seek a medical opinion next week "to determine if surgery is needed." Moreno may wind up undraftable in fantasy leagues.
Ouchies.. shame.

ESPN Packers reporter Rob Demovsky said it "appears" third-round rookie Richard Rodgers has the inside track for Green Bay's starting tight end position.

Potential Sleeper TE IMO

Snowman1

Reaction score
That is a real shame. Wonder if that's why Denver didn't bring him back, and not because Montee impr... well... then they would have brought in someone else. Still, that's a real shame. Forget about his career, that sounds rough for his life.

(Gotta love how they talk about this major injury a guy has and then is all "Aww, there goes his fantasy value!" He's probably catching hell on Twitter about that, poor guy)

Also heard some hype around Colt Lyerla up in Green Bay, a super-talented Oregon tight end who wasn't drafted because of some MAJOR character issues. Whichever TE wins the job should be an interesting sleeper, yeah.

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Very interesting. The only starters we should really be concerned about are Chykie and Wagner, right?

Anyway, asking you people if you know of a way to watch the CFL as they get ready to kick off, so we can watch some missed field goal double-punt TD garbage.

Chad Johnson caught 1 pass for 13 yards at a scrimmage! Get Hyped!
I've seen some CFL programming air on a local station in the mid Atlantic called MASN (Mid-Atlantic Sports Network) But other than that I haven't seen anything else.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
When the fuck did we sign Carlos Rogers????

This D could be FORMIDABLE!

FORMIDABLE I SAY!

Snowman1

Reaction score
To mentor not your boy Hayden, so he could be formidable.

Formidable, you say.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
To mentor not your boy Hayden, so he could be formidable.

Formidable, you say.
never happening

fuck Hayden. fuck you for bringing him up to me this early in the day. goddammit

Snowman1

Reaction score
USA! USA! USA!

*waves a big flag all Rusev-like to make an even bigger ass of myself in the thread*

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Don't worry, your boy DJ is working hard as we speak to improve his lackluster game---

what's that? Injured again? swell.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
The Jaguars say they "haven't heard much" from suspended WR Justin Blackmon, and "it doesn't sound like it's going in the right direction."

Several teammates and members of the organization have reached out to Blackmon, but he reportedly doesn't reply to their text messages or phone calls very often. Cecil Shorts indicated Blackmon has checked into rehab and is "doing all right." A former college coach of Blackmon's says the receiver admitted that he's "getting help." Blackmon caught 29 balls for 415 yards and one score in just four starts last season. His talent has never been questioned.

Good for Blackmon on the rehab front, shame he doesn't talk much with the teamates that were close to him but hey if it helps him get on the right track in life more power to him, hope he gets his shit together.

Reports indicate Michael Vick looks horrible compared to Geno Smith in the early OTAs/Minicamps for the Jets. I still think Vick get's the week 1 starter job but we shall see how that plays out.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks Geno should be the starter? He showed some potential last year with horrendous talent around him, and it's better to roll with the young QB instead of only giving him a year. Plus it's not like Vick is all that good. He's barely been missed when out of the lineup.

(of course Rex Ryan and Idzik will probably go with the more established guy to keep their jobs, plus they may be scared of Tebowmania happening again. It's not like Geno has much support in the Big Apple.)

Haha, his team is crapple. Punny.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Patriots wanting Rob Gronkowski to be healthy by week 1:

I say he'll be gone again Week 5. What say you?

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Foles played lights out in Vick's absence, that's mainly why he wasn't missed as much.. Also his turnover differential is whack, Geno's was too. I just think if a team brings in someone like Vick for $5 mil for the 1 year, they might as well let him run his course and if he crashes early on then put Geno in.

Status
Not open for further replies.