2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Derek. The Raiders dude. Definitely him.
I was gonna say, sucks for the Texans :p
I think what Fitzy did with his time as a Titan last year will atleast give him a few starts, idk if I'd throw Savage in there, they still have Keenum who even though has a terrible W/L record he played some alright games, nothing great obviously.

I see Savage getting playing time next year, but who knows the Texans could have an entirely different plan, we'll see soon.

pottsy946

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
so looks like Foster is getting 6 million carries then this year, if his back holds out :)

Varus

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Since we're predicting division crowns, who do you think will take the NFC East? It's hard to tell, but to me it looks like it'll go; Eagles, 'Skins, Cowgirls, Giants.
Im hoping the redskins win the division.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Pulling for the Tits in the AFC South.
my friend used to be a Tits fan but he is slowly starting to hate the franchise lol. Idk, something about them just makes me feel like they are a very long ways away.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Im hoping the redskins win the division.
I see a LOT of people hyping them all of the sudden, me no understand

I'll go ahead and take Dallas, why not? I think the O is going to be a blast to watch. The D, probably bad, but oh well. Dallas, 9-7, finally gets that season finale win to get them over the hump.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Why do I do this to myself every year? IF D. Carr starts, I'ma get hyphee on this season.

MJD + DMC ready to create the GOAT washed up backfield duo
http://www.mercurynews.com/raiders/ci_25983042/oakland-raiders-maurice-jones-drew-says-he-and

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...ependable-og-gabe-jackson-a-steal-for-raiders
Raiders rookie OG Gabe Jackson drawing comparisons to larry warford

If the offense can be decent, I've already expressed on here that I believe our defense is going to be miles improved.

WILD CARD SPOT, WE COMIN FOR YOU smurf

Varus

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score

I'll go ahead and take Dallas, why not? I think the O is going to be a blast to watch. The D, probably bad, but oh well. Dallas, 9-7, finally gets that season finale win to get them over the hump.
Im not hyping them, I just think they'll be fun to watch. Dallas D looks way too shaky right now for me to say they'll win the division.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
so looks like Foster is getting 6 million carries then this year, if his back holds out :)
Yeah I mean they have DeAndre Hopkins, Keyshawn Martin and DeVier Posey who are all still young and Posey has a high potential if he stays healthy, so if Andre Johnson does end up bailing or get traded they are going to be in rough shape but they still have some options.

They may let Andre Brown run a little bit too out of the backfield behind Foster, he's found some success in the smaller amount of time he's played.

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Gotta agree. He looked like the poor man's Marshawn Lynch when he was up against Baltimore.
TobyGerhartTDRun.gif

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
^Was just looking for that gif, remembering that moment made me so sad :(( Our run D got eviscerated by Toby Gerhart.

Bomberman RG3 throwing to the fastest receiving corps in the NFL is hard not to get excited about, bro! :yay: It may not translate into wins, but it's gonna be fun to watch, dammit!

Agree with you 100% on your Raiders analysis, except I'm... expecting... great things from your RB's. *ducks* Despite the draftniks saying you must go WR sometime, I actually really like your receivers over there, too.

The Raiders could finish with a better record than the Cowboys.

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
@Snowman , The Ravens are expected to sign linebacker Austin Spitler, cornerbacks Dominique Franks and Aaron Ross, and defensive end/outside linebacker Nick DiMarco, according to Aaron Wilson of The Baltimore Sun.

The Ravens had two open spots on the 90-man roster after waiving wide receiver Aaron Mellette and outside linebacker Adrian Hamilton earlier in the week because they failed physicals. The Ravens would have to cut two other plays to make room for all four additions, but the team has not announced those transactions.

Spitler, 27, spent the first four seasons of his career with the Miami Dolphins. He has been a backup linebacker and special teamer during that time, and has racked up 31 tackles throughout his career. Spitler is an inside linebacker who will join a tight competition with players like Josh Bynes and Albert McClellan.

Franks, 26, played for the Atlanta Falcons the last four years. He has been a special teamer and reserve cornerback, notching 30 tackles and three interceptions during his career. Franks had a solid week at minicamp, including a nice pass breakup during Thursday’s practice.

Ross, 31, is an eight-year veteran who has spent most of his career with the New York Giants. He also played one season for the Jacksonville Jaguars. Ross has been a starter during his career, including in 2011 when he started 15 games for a Giants team that went on to win the Super Bowl.

Ross has 250 tackles, 2.5 sacks and 11 interceptions in his career.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Alrighty. have no idea how good any of these guys are, but yay depth!

Guess signing 2 corners says all we need to know about Chykie. Shame we had to cut Mellette, heard he could be something, but survival of the fittest.

Status
Not open for further replies.