2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Chiefs fans saying Flowers fell off big time the last two years... I think he is just a name at this point.

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
You're the artist formerly known as Bomber, right?

It would be one hell of a tandem, but no, the best we can say on this one is "stranger things have happened in Balitmore"

If Mosley pans out as you say I'm gonna be so pumped to watch this D this year, Flowers or no Flowers.
Yup, and you're right, I'm so excited to see Mosely and the rest of the D play. I've just been a bit worried about our cornerback corps. As you probably already know, Chykie Brown is slated to be the #3 corner, and as many teams often run 3 WR sets, it's likely that he'll see a lot of game time. I know the Ravens staff likes him, but several teammates have labeled him as the "Most punished player" on the team when asked about it, Which means, "He makes the most mistakes in practice ans drops the most balls" which is hopefully not a lot. He may just be wet behind the ears but I'm not convinced he's ready to step into that role just yet. Hopefully he will be ready by Week 1.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Yup, and you're right, I'm so excited to see Mosely and the rest of the D play. I've just been a bit worried about our cornerback corps. As you probably already know, Chykie Brown is slated to be the #3 corner, and as many teams often run 3 WR sets, it's likely that he'll see a lot of game time. I know the Ravens staff likes him, but several teammates have labeled him as the "Most punished player" on the team when asked about it, Which means, "He makes the most mistakes in practice ans drops the most balls" which is hopefully not a lot. He may just be wet behind the ears but I'm not convinced he's ready to step into that role just yet. Hopefully he will be ready by Week 1.

It is a potential worry for sure, but I'll trust the defensive scheme on this one. We've had so many "guys" play that role just fine the past few years that it's hard to worry about one more. I can see this being a situation like Marcus Cooper down in KC, though, where he was a really good corner and arguably a Defensive Rookie of the Year candidate until he went to Mile High and Peyton carved his ass up.

Here's to hoping the pass rush rebounds as well, he could use the help back there. At least teams really shouldn't be able to run the ball on us anymore with the Ngata-Jernigan wall. Against a one-dimensional offense Chykie's playmaking ability should come in very handy. (And Brooks, too! :yay:)

Just checked the Ravens website, who said "fullback Kyle Juszcyzk will catch 40-50 passes this year". Fantasy sleeper, everybody!

Reactions: Vice

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Is everyone prepared for a Von Miller-like rookie season impact from Khalil Mack? Because that's honestly what I'm expecting at this point

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Beason out estimated 12 weeks with fractured foot
Jadaveon Clowney has hernia surgery, should be back for training camp according Coach O'Brien.

Snowman1

Reaction score

I'll reverse the question back to you:

Do you think we could pick up Chris Houston? While there's only have 4.5 mil left under the cap, if they're looking at Eric Winston they can probably get Houston's injury prone self for about as much.

and I'm not sure what to expect from Mack. Maybe your O-Line is just that pitiful. :pipebomb:

srsly best of luck Oakland, keep the Chiefs out of the playoffs this year

Snowman1

Reaction score
"I really, really like (Carr). Everybody knew he was accurate, but he is more accurate than we thought. … We’ll have to wait and see how he does against a live rush, but so far his intelligence, accuracy and quickness in getting the ball out has been excellent.

We drafted a pretty good player (in Carr). He is very intelligent, and he may not need to redshirt. We like his comfort level. Right away, you can see that this is not too big for him."

-Raiders OC Greg Olson. D'Z take that rope in your kitchen and put it back in the garage, you may not have to watch Matt Schaub after all!

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
There was never an option of me watching Schaub. if he starts I won't watch the offense

Snowman1

Reaction score
Vince Young has retired.

*goes to find the smartass comments on Twitter*

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I'll reverse the question back to you:

Do you think we could pick up Chris Houston? While there's only have 4.5 mil left under the cap, if they're looking at Eric Winston they can probably get Houston's injury prone self for about as much.

and I'm not sure what to expect from Mack. Maybe your O-Line is just that pitiful. :pipebomb:

srsly best of luck Oakland, keep the Chiefs out of the playoffs this year
I was thinking about Houston too. I think Ozzie may wait to see how Wagner and Chykie Brown perform in training camp before bringing in any vets. But then again, who knows?

Snowman1

Reaction score
It's kinda crazy to read that Buffalo isn't expecting Mike Williams to make the roster.

I was thinking about Houston too. I think Ozzie may wait to see how Wagner and Chykie Brown perform in training camp before bringing in any vets. But then again, who knows?

Jamison Hensley is reporting Baltimore is indeed interested in Brandon Flowers. :yay: Also reported are the Falcons and Vikings, so maybe he'd take less money to go to our kinda-contending team?

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
It's kinda crazy to read that Buffalo isn't expecting Mike Williams to make the roster.
Gunna have to prove himself in training camp and preseason; Chris Hogan and TJ Graham are the only two other receivers who are potentially going to take his spot. I think he'll still make the team but it definitely will be a struggle.

Former Cowboys and Bears RB Marion Barber was arrested Sunday, and is currently being held for "mental detention and observation."

Kyle Orton was a no-show for the Cowboys' pre-minicamp physical on Monday.
Orton can be fined $10,930 for skipping the physical, and $69,455 more for missing all three days of minicamp. Orton, 31, wants to retire, and is likely hoping the Cowboys release him. Then, he wouldn't have to pay any fines.

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score

Jamison Hensley is reporting Baltimore is indeed interested in Brandon Flowers. :yay: Also reported are the Falcons and Vikings, so maybe he'd take less money to go to our kinda-contending team?
So in our search for a CB, here's what I've found out:

-Being 28, and having never won a Super Bowl, it's safe to assume that this may factor into Flowers' decision when choosing a new team, and to be honest, it doesn't seem like the Falcons and Vikings will make it anytime soon in that powerhouse called the NFC.

-Former New York Giants cornerback Aaron Ross posted a picture on Instagram and tweeted Monday afternoon that he’s headed to Baltimore for Ravens minicamp, which begins Tuesday. The Ravens have not announced any official signing. Ross could be participating on a tryout basis.

-According to multiple sources, Baltimore is bringing in three other cornerbacks, in addition to Ross, for minicamp tryouts.

-Veteran cornerback Drayton Florence also expressed interest in being a Raven, reports The Baltimore Sun. Florence, 33, started five of 14 games last season and had two interceptions.

-Baltimore will also reportedly be bringing in former New England Patriot Maurquice Cole, reports the NFL Media's Ian Rapoport. Cole played in 13 games last year and made 15 tackles and one interception.

-The third is former Atlanta Falcons cornerback Dominique Franks, reports The Sun. Franks played in every game as a reserve last year. He hasn't started since 2011, and has four career starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.