2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Hey D'Z, we were discussing drafting PM round 1, so I just tried a 12-teamer with the 7th pick...

1st: Peyton Manning
2nd: Julio Jones, despite the injury concerns it's hard to not get sucked in and excited for Julio, he's such a beast.
3rd: DeSwag: So much good WR talent here. Jeffery, Cobb, Jackson, Welker... so much better than Frank Gore, Ryan Matthews, T-Rich lol
4th: Ben Tate: As an RB1 it sounds bad, but there's plenty of upside with the number of carries (even vs 9 man boxes)
5th: Shane Vereen: Was planning on just going WR here but this is my favorite value in the draft, couldn't pass it up.
6th: T.Y. Hilton: Someone stole CP this time, dammit. He seems like a bigger name than his fantasy production justifies, though. Torrey and Michael Floyd were the next two, so this was the right call
7th: Jordan Cameron, damn, 2 browns? Shit. He should get 1,000,000 targets
Rounds 8-11, Random running backs with upside (Khiry Robinson, Joique Bell, Danny Woodhead, Bernard Pierce) in hopes one of them pan out *pokes at Pierce*
12: Markus Wheaton in hopes he can be the next Mike Wallace
13: Another random RB in LeGarrette Blount
14: Kelvin Benjamin who I never even thought would be available
15: Vinatieri because I rolled a 4
16: Eagles D/ST to try to whore a like from Sharpy

In hindsight I should have drafted more random receivers for sure, but the whole thought of having Ben Tate as an RB1 scared me

Reactions: ShaRpY HaRdY

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Hey D'Z, we were discussing drafting PM round 1, so I just tried a 12-teamer with the 7th pick...

1st: Peyton Manning
2nd: Julio Jones, despite the injury concerns it's hard to not get sucked in and excited for Julio, he's such a beast.
3rd: DeSwag: So much good WR talent here. Jeffery, Cobb, Jackson, Welker... so much better than Frank Gore, Ryan Matthews, T-Rich lol
4th: Ben Tate: As an RB1 it sounds bad, but there's plenty of upside with the number of carries (even vs 9 man boxes)
5th: Shane Vereen: Was planning on just going WR here but this is my favorite value in the draft, couldn't pass it up.
6th: T.Y. Hilton: Someone stole CP this time, dammit. He seems like a bigger name than his fantasy production justifies, though. Torrey and Michael Floyd were the next two, so this was the right call
7th: Jordan Cameron, damn, 2 browns? Shit. He should get 1,000,000 targets
Rounds 8-11, Random running backs with upside (Khiry Robinson, Joique Bell, Danny Woodhead, Bernard Pierce) in hopes one of them pan out *pokes at Pierce*
12: Markus Wheaton in hopes he can be the next Mike Wallace
13: Another random RB in LeGarrette Blount
14: Kelvin Benjamin who I never even thought would be available
15: Vinatieri because I rolled a 4
16: Eagles D/ST to try to whore a like from Sharpy

In hindsight I should have drafted more random receivers for sure, but the whole thought of having Ben Tate as an RB1 scared me
yuck

Snowman1

Reaction score
Despite all the issues of last year, it still seems like going RB in round 1 is the right call after all. Just don't take shitty players.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Despite all the issues of last year, it still seems like going RB in round 1 is the right call after all. Just don't take shitty players.
There are still situations I would go WR, especially Calvin at 8-12 if available

Snowman1

Reaction score
I'll take the almost guaranteed weekly Double digit points w/ Calvin at 8-12 any day.

Haha you saw me screaming "go WR-WR" for a while because these guys are such locks. I suppose it's better to go Calvin/Graham over last year's Richardson or Rice, but WR value is so good in R2 and running backs are already garbage in R3.

We'll see what happens though!

pottsy946

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Haha you saw me screaming "go WR-WR" for a while because these guys are such locks. I suppose it's better to go Calvin/Graham over last year's Richardson or Rice, but WR value is so good in R2 and running backs are already garbage in R3.

We'll see what happens though!

pick 12 sucks ass, you gotta take two wr studs, maybe aj, demaryius, julio ect, as any rb you take is second tier, but then you are always gona be left with third tier rbs if you don't 'waste' a pick on a bad one, have fun with that, best case scenario is that there is a decent rb and well a stud wr left, or maybe people dont take the second tier rbs early, but tbh the way this league is shaping up, there is too many savvy people here to get away with shit

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I would defo go for a guy like DeMarco or Martin + best available WR if stuck w 12

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I got mah eyes on Terrance West as one of my top sleepers atm, we'll see how preseason plays out :p

Word out of Ram's camp is Kenny Britt is overly impressing them in comparison to what they thought they could get. They believe he has the capability to storm away with that #1 receiver spot even with several early round drafted players who are still young like Tavon Austin, Chris Givens, Austin Pettis,Brian Quick, Stedman Bailey... things are going to get intertesting.

Last edited:

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Britt will either be injured or have another run in with police before September. Actually in my office pool I have him getting injured WHILE running away from police. It pays double if it hits!

Reactions: pottsy946

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
The Cabana set up that the Jags are implementing in their stadium looks decently cool, apparently they have already booked 65% of the cabana ticket sales for the year.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Does it pay triple if an officer shoots him?

Anyway Jeff Fisher is high on Kenny Britt? Sure.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Anyway Jeff Fisher is high on Kenny Britt? Sure.
Bradford loves having him apparently,
he's burned Tru Johnson and Janoris Jenkins pretty badly so far, I'm surprised Jenkins didn't try and scrap with him after the play, shows a lot of maturity from him. If he can get his off-field issues under control and manage to stay healthy he should be able to get back to fantasy relevance, but who knows from the sounds of it he very well may be using up his gas tank too early.

Snowman1

Reaction score
No shock Fisher likes him, but it's a big surprise that the injuries wound up being so little of an issue long-term. If he still has the playmaking ability he showed in TEN then it'll be great to see him keep his act together, and for him to burn a good corner in Janoris... well done bud.

Random Rumors: Steelers may bring back James Harrison, Kevin Williams visiting the Pats, Raiders interested in Jermichael Finley who visited the Steelers and Patriots, Seattle not interested, Jags aren't cutting Blackmon (water is wet), Drayton Florence visiting the Titans, Cowboys not interested in Urlacher, Vilma reached out to the Dolphins for a tryout but Miami isn't interested, and the Ravens are interested in Eric Winston :)yes:)

Status
Not open for further replies.