2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
So in our search for a CB, here's what I've found out:

-Being 28, and having never won a Super Bowl, it's safe to assume that this may factor into Flowers' decision when choosing a new team, and to be honest, it doesn't seem like the Falcons and Vikings will make it anytime soon in that powerhouse called the NFC.

Lots of interesting stuff there, but from my searches on Flowers it seems like a lot of the blame for his issues last year fell on Andy Reid's man-to-man D... sounds like Nnamdi Asomugha all over again, lol. But that sounds good to me as a #3 CB. Heck a lot of those guys do. Didn't Aaron Ross have a pretty nice run in his heyday? Could be a nice mentor

I still think the Vikings could make the playoffs this year with Teddy (and obviously the Falcons aren't THAT far off if they stay healthy) but if you're into luring free agents being in the cupcake AFC should be a nice selling point for almost-guaranteed playoffs.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Lots of interesting stuff there, but from my searches on Flowers it seems like a lot of the blame for his issues last year fell on Andy Reid's man-to-man D... sounds like Nnamdi Asomugha all over again, lol. But that sounds good to me as a #3 CB. Heck a lot of those guys do. Didn't Aaron Ross have a pretty nice run in his heyday? Could be a nice mentor

I still think the Vikings could make the playoffs this year with Teddy (and obviously the Falcons aren't THAT far off if they stay healthy) but if you're into luring free agents being in the cupcake AFC should be a nice selling point for almost-guaranteed playoffs.
The Falcons are a bad team. They have absolutely no depth, no running game, no offensive line, no defensive playmakers... they will regress even further this season. I would be personally shocked if they didn't finish 4th in that division

The Flowers thing would be a reverse-Nnamdi, since Nnamdi was a man corner stuck in Philly's zone system, but nah, Nnamdi legit just fell off after leaving Oakland. I tried blaming the system, but for whatever reason he hit the wall in a big way physically after Oakland. In Oakland though he was one of the best 1 on 1 cover corners I've ever seen.

Aaron Ross, you don't want.

Snowman1

Reaction score
The Falcons are a bad team. They have absolutely no depth, no running game, no offensive line, no defensive playmakers... they will regress even further this season. I would be personally shocked if they didn't finish 4th in that division

The Flowers thing would be a reverse-Nnamdi, since Nnamdi was a man corner stuck in Philly's zone system, but nah, Nnamdi legit just fell off after leaving Oakland. I tried blaming the system, but for whatever reason he hit the wall in a big way physically after Oakland. In Oakland though he was one of the best 1 on 1 cover corners I've ever seen.

Aaron Ross, you don't want.

I don't mind Aaron Ross just because I won't lose sleep over anyone in that spot, if nothing else he could be a mentor, esp with Spag as the DB coach. But the guy you mentioned is a shining example of this failing. Nnamdi was in a very similar situation, as a #3 in a good system with talent around him in San Francisco, and lets just say most slot receivers against them were fantasy sleepers that year. I'm sure they won't mind pulling him if he goes full Michael Huff.

The Falcons definitely have holes, but it's impossible to count out a team with a QB that can carry it. Hard to completely rule out the lack of run game since they had success with one other washed-up RB, and this may be the best line Matt Ryan has played with after bringing in Matthews and Asamoah. (not saying much, but they've had success with it before). There's been some improvements to the defensive line, but probably not enough to give this team the strong pass rush it needs. I can see anything from the 4th place finish you're expecting to being in a fight for a wild-card But if we're talking Super Bowl contenders... no chance.

I'm a little surprised they went so heavy on the run defense in FA, bringing in Tyson Jackson and Paul Soliai. Their pass rush is so bad that they could do a runin at a TNA PPV

Snowman1

Reaction score
that D is going to be nasty. sleeper AFC SOuth pick

No possible way they win the AFC south, that D will disappoint, and I have to argue with everything you say. :smug:

(We'll see what happens with them, seriously.)

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
TJ Yates released as freshly drafted Tom Savage has been impressive so far, there not holding anything back with Savage and will allow him to take the back-up job should he impress them more than Case Keenum who is the 3rd QB in addition to Savage and Fitzy (Recently named Starting QB).

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Since we're predicting division crowns, who do you think will take the NFC East? It's hard to tell, but to me it looks like it'll go; Eagles, 'Skins, Cowgirls, Giants.

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
TJ Yates released as freshly drafted Tom Savage has been impressive so far, there not holding anything back with Savage and will allow him to take the back-up job should he impress them more than Case Keenum who is the 3rd QB in addition to Savage and Fitzy (Recently named Starting QB).
With a name like Tom SAVAGE he has to be beast. I mean come on, marketing should have a blast with him.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
With a name like Tom SAVAGE he has to be beast. I mean come on, marketing should have a blast with him.
tbh I have faith in Savage, more than several other QBs drafted.. personally I feel being behind Brady, Garoppolo or Vikes tool Teddy Bridgewater and OAK Carr have the better chances but I look forward to Savage if he ever gets a shot.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Since we're predicting division crowns, who do you think will take the NFC East? It's hard to tell, but to me it looks like it'll go; Eagles, 'Skins, Cowgirls, Giants.

Say it's about the same, but Giants > Cowboys

and from the random B/R articles I've read Savage is David Carr levels of impressive, so don't expect this Ryan Fitzpatrick thing to last long.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
David
Say it's about the same, but Giants > Cowboys

and from the random B/R articles I've read Savage is David Carr levels of impressive, so don't expect this Ryan Fitzpatrick thing to last long.

David or Derek? I hope not David because he was very unimpressive IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.