2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
So Brandon Flowers is rumored to be announcing his team decision sometime this week. Where do you guys think he'll land?

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
So Brandon Flowers is rumored to be announcing his team decision sometime this week. Where do you guys think he'll land?
on the bench, wherever he goes

someone get me a fork to stick in him

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks Geno should be the starter? He showed some potential last year with horrendous talent around him, and it's better to roll with the young QB instead of only giving him a year. Plus it's not like Vick is all that good. He's barely been missed when out of the lineup.

(of course Rex Ryan and Idzik will probably go with the more established guy to keep their jobs, plus they may be scared of Tebowmania happening again. It's not like Geno has much support in the Big Apple.)

Haha, his team is crapple. Punny.
I've seen enough of Geno to not want to see anymore. I'd rather Vick. The AFC sucks dick, not out of the question that the Jets could get a WC spot with competent QB play.

Of course if VIck does get the job he won't last so it is a moot point.

As for Gronk, he won't be on my fantasy teams this year. Gronk smash self, gronk miss game!

Reactions: Vice

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Zach Ertz projected to be a beast by NFL.com... *shhhh mutha fuckas don't jinx that shit...*

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Gronk could miss 6 games and still be a top 10 TE. That's what is so scary
I played that game last year and lost. While technically Gronk + Filler TE can still be top 5 production wise at TE, the uncertainty of when he misses those games turns me off. He missed fantasy playoffs last season and cost me massively.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Flowers headed to his former AFC West rivals in the form of the Chargers.
More bad news for the Dolphins, although it looks like Moreno should definitely be back in time but Pouncey will be out at least 3 months, which I believe will cause him to miss 2-4 regular season games.
Eagles third-string QB Matt Barkley challenged reporter Jimmy Kempski to catch his footballs after Kempski observed during OTAs and minicamp that Barkley's "arm simply isn't good."

Our money's on Kempski here, who already accepted Barkley's challenge. "Shut up Jimmy," Barkley wrote on Reddit. "You don't know a thing about that route, the defensive coverage, technique of the wide receiver, the route he was actually running, let alone my maximum velocity arm strength. We can play catch sometime if you want to figure out for yourself how hard I can throw it, just lemme know." Barkley fell to the fourth round of last year's draft due to arm strength limitations. At spring practices, Barkley split third-team reps with G.J. Kinne.
^ Get off mah team Barkley, I want Kinne at 3rd all day over you..

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
If the arbitration goes Jimmy Graham's way do you think the Saints will eat the soup and sign their man for $12m or do you think they'll let him go?

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
If the arbitration goes Jimmy Graham's way do you think the Saints will eat the soup and sign their man for $12m or do you think they'll let him go?
Of course they'll swallow their pride. Graham is too much of a beast to just let go. If they do though, it'll cause almost as much buzz as LeBron, and I'd bet he'll find that money somewhere else.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Of course they'll swallow their pride. Graham is too much of a beast to just let go. If they do though, it'll cause almost as much buzz as LeBron, and I'd bet he'll find that money somewhere else.
Cleveland, Jacksonville, NYJ, Eagles, Bengals and Titans are the ones that could offer him the most.. I wouldn't say Eagles are going to be top contenders for him if it does happen simply because of the faith they have in Ertz. Bengals have Gresham and Eifert and see big things potentially out of Eifert so idk if they will make a movie. Titans I believe will roll with Delanie Walker whom had a decent season last year.. Browns have Jordan Cameron who is quickly establishing himself in the league but with the potential season absence of Gordon adding Graham could be two nice security blanket/athletic TEs for Manziel should he get a chance to play.

That's all hypothetical though in reality I think the Saints will make some roster moves in order to get him back even with roughly a little over a mil left on the salary cap.

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
This has gotta be the second-most excruciating time of the NFL year, with the first being the period between the Super Bowl and the draft. I'm counting the days until training camp begins, and best believe I'll be watching the preseason like it's the damn Conference Championship

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
If Graham doesn't win his case it is total bullshit. It is a joke that the Saints didn't just give him a long term extension to avoid all of this bullshit. I'd be dying to leave if I were him after this trash.

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
If Graham doesn't win his case it is total bullshit. It is a joke that the Saints didn't just give him a long term extension to avoid all of this bullshit. I'd be dying to leave if I were him after this trash.
You kidding? Graham is a solid TE at BEST. He can't block worth camel shite and he handles the ball like a loaf of bread.

Kidding obviously. He deserves top dollar, and I'd say it's pretty fucking ungrateful for the Saints to put up a fight in order to pay him anything less. Barring injury, he looks like he could crack the Hall of Fame if he keeps up this production.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I just wonder wtf the Saints are thinking. Like, if Graham loses his case and eventually folds and plays on the TE tag do the Saints feel good about this? They have to realize they are butchering the relationship with the man that should be the long term centerpiece of their franchise.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score

I just wonder wtf the Saints are thinking. Like, if Graham loses his case and eventually folds and plays on the TE tag do the Saints feel good about this? They have to realize they are butchering the relationship with the man that should be the long term centerpiece of their franchise.

I agree with both statements for sure.
Pay him elite "Receiver" money make him happy and he will play balls to the wall like he has been. It's getting to the point where I have to assume the Saints see him as just another Good but not great Serviceable TE and I just don't share that vision with them. He's been such a valuable part in getting that offense to click over the past couple years that it just doesn't make sense IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.