2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Saints absolutely should... and will... resign Graham at all costs.

According to Over the Cap, the Saints have $1,588,821 of spare cap room.

The guys who would give them the most money under the cap are...

-Jimmy Graham, $7,035,000
-Jahri Evans, $2,500,000
-Victor Butler, $1,500,000
-Cameron Jordan, $1,429,282
-Mark Ingram, $1,386,375
-Patrick Robinson, $1,357,500
-Junior Gallette, $1,100,000
-Rafael Bush, $1,000,000
-Ben Watson, $884,375
-Champ Bailey, $750,000
-Robert Meachem, Shayne Graham, Keyunta Dawson, Trevarris Cadet, Brandon Deaderick, Bryce Harris. Tyrunn Walker, Trevin Wade: $570,000 each
-Justin Dretcher, $530,000

and there's also a big lump at $495,000 and a ton of guys on the back of the roster who can save $420,000

There's no excuse for not making enough cap room for Jimmy Graham.

Last edited:

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Looks like Jerry Rice Jr. found himself a home.. for now.. with the Washington Redskins, I'm sure DeSean and Garcon can teach him or show him a little bit but I definitely believe he has way too long of a shot to make that final 53 man roster.. Although I wish him the best of luck!

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Who knows? Maybe JR Jr. can make a name for himself in the CFL, and if that's not for him, he could always test out arena football.

pottsy946

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
so decided to play in a few leagues this year, why not hey, first one had an early draft and due to irl stuff i had to miss it, but not too horrified with my auto picked team, could be a lot worse for sure

Matthew Stafford, Alex Smith
Jamaal Charles, Reggie Bush, Ryan Matthews, Fred Jackson, Mauride Jones Drew, Bernard Pierce
Julio Jones, Cordarelle Patterson, James Jones, Brian Hartline
Julius Thomas
Steven Hauschka
Bengals d

Little short on strength in depth, but can maybe sort that with trades

Got offered a wtf trade already

Julius Thomas for Ray Rice and Dennis Pitta

Reactions: Snowman1

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
49ers WRs are looking to be: Anquan Boldin, Stevie Johnson, Michael Crabtree, Brandon Lloyd..
Interesting Corps, the others behind them are a bit young or in Jon Baldwin's case haven't quite showed that much potential.

Snowman1

Reaction score
so decided to play in a few leagues this year, why not hey, first one had an early draft and due to irl stuff i had to miss it, but not too horrified with my auto picked team, could be a lot worse for sure

Jamaal Charles, Reggie Bush, Ryan Matthews, Fred Jackson, Mauride Jones Drew, Bernard Pierce
Julius Thomas
Steven Hauschka
Bengals d

As you say you're lacking depth (especially at WR) but the team looks really good for autopick.

Really nice lottery-ticket RB group. Got a bunch of major flaws but a ton of RB2 upside, if 2 of them are okay you could have a really solid roster... sadly you need that since your backup receivers are so bad (no offense @Just Kevin) Is it PPR?

You probably already accepted that trade due to your undying love for Ray Rice. :yay:

Anyway, saw a stat that something like 80% of teams who jump 3+ wins in a season have fewer wins the next year (same goes for teams that lose 3+ games winning more)... how much of that do you think will happen with these guys?

Kansas City +9
Philadelpha +6
Carolina +5
Arizona +5
New Orleans +4
Detroit +3

Green Bay -3
Tampa Bay -3
Minnesota -5
Washington -7
Atlanta -9
Houston -10

pottsy946

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
well think i 'may' have got a steal, got a wavier in for Maclin, and trading Hartline in for the trash

Reactions: Snowman1

Snowman1

Reaction score
Someone waived Maclin? Where can I sign up for this league? :lol1:

pottsy946

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Someone waived Maclin? Where can I sign up for this league? :lol1:

Yeah i was like wtf as well, just wondering as Emmauel Sanders has been waived as well, if it's looking like a back for Sanders as well, maybe Fred

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score

Julius Thomas
Steven Hauschka
Bengals d

Terrible trade offer lol. Fuck both those shithead Raven scrub pussy boys.

Decent draft. Definitely digging Charles & Julio & Julius. Snownoob marks for Patterson. James Jones could be a nice sleeper in Oakland, though I haven't paid attention enough to tell you what his role will be (he should be our most targeted WR).

Staffy Ice is a wild card since they lost their OC, but its not like the new guy doesn't like to sling it (Joe Lombardi, formerly in NO)

I really like Matthews as a player, if he is healthy he is big yardage on the ground, but limited upside with Woodhead stealing the receiving and for some reason Matthews doesn't get goalline work.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Yeah i was like wtf as well, just wondering as Emmauel Sanders has been waived as well, if it's looking like a back for Sanders as well, maybe Fred
Sanders >>>> Maclin

Manny Sanders should wreck shop in Denver in Decker's old role.

Snowman1

Reaction score

Nah keep F-Jax just for more insurance. Forgot Alex Smith was on your roster, cut him for Sanders.

Only way Dolph's could be a bigger hater was if he became Aid'sZiggler.

Status
Not open for further replies.